Kundalini Awakening

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Xerxes, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Has anybody here tried it? If so, what were your experiences like?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. VossistArts 3MTA3 Registered Senior Member

Yikes. This topic is kind of a strange coincidence. I was going over the details in my mind just last week of the time in my life when I was experiencing spontaneous awakenings of Kundalini.

When I was 17- 18 I started looking at eastern religion and philosophy, especially from India. Hinduism, yogic sciences and obscure practices mostly. I bought an odd book on Kundalini and practice, and it registered something familiar with me. Altho it was repetitive in its warning the reader against practicing without the expert guidance of an advanced practitioner, I couldn’t see any harm in practicing pranic breathing and collecting energy if I focused it no further than the base of my spine. As far as I was concerned the worst that could come of it was that it could just leak out.

It was super easy for me to visualize and feel the energy from breath as like a fuzzy bubble I could slowly will from the bottom of my lungs through the proper channels to its destination. By the second attempt at trying this practice before bed I able to work with it. It became easier as time passed too and it was about 2 months after I began that I experienced a spontaneous release while I slept and dreamt?. I realize that what Im talking about here might not be specifically what your asking about, so in that case I guess im putting this into words for myself

On this night, I started breathing as usual, but this time it was effortless. I felt like every full breath was converted into big energy bubbles that I could push right through in one gulp.It was weird but it felt great and Im sure I over did it some because I started feeling indescribably agitated. I turned over onto my side and went to sleep.

After what seemed like maybe 20 minutes I opened my eyes without moving my body or head, and looked across my room to a window in the wall. Everything was just as it was when I closed my eyes to sleep except for this faint electrical buzzing sound coming from across the room where I was looking., Then I saw the dot. It was Very small and as I focused on it it grew slightly while the buzzing sound increased slightly. I could see the dot better but it wasn’t a dot. It was like, imaginine several small squares of varying size all overlapping each other in their middles but with their outsides exposed to make a strange many sided shape. The shape of the dot shifted around while at the same time it kind of changed color.They weren’t colors though. It would shift from this golden color that seemed to have depth and life, sort of like how lased light looks when you shine it into clearish quartz. That color shifted to a sort of blackness that wasn’t really black but more like void. It was fascinating,and I still didn’t realize I was asleep so I lay there staring at this thing and it started to grow towards me expanding width wise as the buzzing sound increased right along with it. It was scary and intimidating and all of a sudden it was like what I had been and was seeing was happening in my body at the same time. I could feel this hot fire advancing up my back and it hurt. As it scared me, in a rush the dot expanded into a blazing like lighten bolt around me while I felt it slam up my spine into my head. IT hurt and I think I wanted to scream but it was like I couldn’t think a thought or breathe or move or anything! It seems like it held me like that for a hellish minute but it was probably only a second or two, im not sure. All I know is the first thought I had was “ YOU HAVE TO BREATHE!” and I gasped in air like id been drowning and woke up truly and primally? terrorfied and in pain. Id never felt such pure terror. It took an hour for me to calm down and feel ready to try to sleep, worrying it would happen again. It didnt that night.

The next night I was afraid to sleep even though I resolved to stop messing with it practicing like I had. I fell asleep finally and nothing bad happened. The following night was the same. The next night it happened again. Same dream scenario, but it happened instantly and wasn’t as painful but as scary. Maybe it was more frightening even because I was so subdued I gave up and gave in to it,. I couldn’t resist.. and it subsided. I woke up laughing and I couldn’t stop for 20- minutes. It wasn’t like hysterical side-hurting laugher though. I never experienced anything like it before or since. It was like super jolly, bubbles of pleasure in the form of laughter,. it felt so good and right being unjustified and natural. Pure.

In the next 6 months time it happened to me 5 more times. Each time id wake up in the dream exactly where I was when I fell asleep except for sometimes there would be an element out of place with waking reality. Like one time I fell asleep during the day for a nap and when I woke up in my dream I saw my roommate Scott thru the window mowing the lawn. Scott was at work though and we didn’t mow our lawn at that big 20 apt rental house we lived at. I realized this and as soon as I did the dot appeared with the sound and wham! When I woke from that one I was enraged at nothing at all!! it was so weird. I kept trying to input things and people in my life I was really pissed about for a reason for how I felt and none of it worked! It had no object. Every time but once I woke with some pure feeling emotional state on me. Then thankfully it stopped happening.

I guess I just wasn’t prepared to have an extra quantity of energy like that. I believe there are preparations to be made while practicing if you have a qualified teacher. I read somewhere that people have actually experienced nerve damage by similar awakenings of kundalini. Don’t practice with out guidance it said. Its one warning id advise anyone to take looking back at my ego/arrogance.

About 10 years later I started doing a similar practice from the book“Taoist secrets of love. cultivating male sexual energy” by mantak chia. It was a more controlled practice with a difference focus and apparently with age id lost some sensitivity to it because I suffered no ill effects from it.

I didn’t hang with it long though. The reason I mentioned this was coincidental at first is because the other night, well two weekends ago.I had a salvia experience where the whole focus of it was: once id become comfortable under the 4 feet of clear jello id sunk into and realized I could breath, but even better, I was moving energy from my breath with ease practically unrestricted. I could move it effortlessly up my spine but as I approached my upper back, I reasoned that it might be a very bad thing considering my state of mind to move it all the way up. Understand that in the experience I described from when I was 18 I used no kind of mind altering things. But one the salvia I really wanted to do it, to move it all the way up. I couldn’t decide and I toyed with it, pushing the outer fringes of the bubbles up far enough that it overlapped slightly into my head. When it did it was as though I could see these greenish fan shaped bursts of color coming downward from my head into my mouth and it was intense INTENSE beautiful tasting liquid that at the time seemed like what pure loving life essense must taste like. That was my impression of it anyhow. ALL this of course is just my impression of things I experienced. Still I exercised reason and let the whole thing go rather than pushing it.. Then I fell asleep. Now, Ive typed it all out.

August

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sushupti Saver of Babies Registered Senior Member

Vossist: what was the name of this book?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. VossistArts 3MTA3 Registered Senior Member

im sure I dont have it anymore and it was 20 years ago. I dont remember.

8. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

you probably just distorted your breathing, and when you fell asleep, you probably stopped breathing.

9. Eman Resu Registered Senior Member

Put down the crack pipe the next time you want to take a nap.

10. VossistArts 3MTA3 Registered Senior Member

Interesting comments. I doubt the first was the case, but who knows, I was busy being asleep.

Im certain the second wasnt the issue, but an A for effort there.

11. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Thanks for your account, VossistArts. I enjoyed reading that. So many people reported seeing indian gods/goddesses, that I wonder if this is more like stigmata than a biological phenomenon. But it sounds possible.

Have you noticed any special talents develop?
    What about your aging process? A lot of people seem to report sustained youthfulness.

12. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

I tried to arise my kundalini in my teens. When i started having diarrhea either by heat or by accumulation of energy, i left it alone there. You should need a guru/master before venture into that. Even now a couple of times in a year i feel a severe jolt at kundalini spot in the middle of my sleep.

13. Rick Valued Senior Member

I am suggesting this : Please dont try Kund. Awakening before you master Yoga and its breathing exercises.

14. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Why? Do you think I'd go crazy(ier). I'm a pretty twitchy person naturally, I'm thinking my kundalini - if it does exist - would like to be free. No gurus or masters around to help me, unfortunately. Will books suffice??

15. Rick Valued Senior Member

'cause you wont be successful unless you practice some Yoga first.

16. Sushupti Saver of Babies Registered Senior Member

At least that's what the yogis want you to think ... :bugeye:

I'd prefer saying "You most likely won't succeed." At least one person before must've done it spontaneously, eh?

17. VossistArts 3MTA3 Registered Senior Member

Ive read that improper practicing and spontaneous releases can severely and permanently damage a person. shrugs. with this Id seriously recommend observing the cautions.

18. Rick Valued Senior Member

Also, its the body that you have master first. Breathing exercises only increase you sustainence to do more advance stuff like kundalini, remember you build from base to top, so you have to build a good base to practise kundalini efficiently. And man, seriously though this takes years of practice. I know a friend who has been doing this for 7 years, and only recently like 3 years back he has started getting some serious results of it.

Essentiall you have understand it first to master it. Kundalini aims at awakening of your astral body (debatable to be scientifically true or not, since positivist approach cannot prove it, neither does this proposition have any a priori in it). Astral body essentially is made up energy chakras. I am not aware or rather (to be more frank with you) cannot explain it in clarity or any details as read this stuff a long time back so i am not sure how to put it, but in short the base spine chakra works as a motor providing electro magnetic energy to the body, its like a coiled nerve ending, when this coil opens or coiled nerves get released a person dies. Essentially Kundalini aims at utilizing the energy of base spine and other chakras to usefulness of the world. The energy release is extreme.
    For example, try pointing finger between your eye brows, for some time, you feel a sort of compelling force pulling your head or something....

Rick

19. VossistArts 3MTA3 Registered Senior Member

interesting yeah. I can kind of relate to this how you describe it.. from as little as I actually know about it. I think qualified teachers and qualifiable students might be a little hard to come by anyways. peace

20. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

21. VossistArts 3MTA3 Registered Senior Member

why is it not a good idea?

22. Rick Valued Senior Member

Vossist,

I have questions before you start : first off, are you a very physically active person?. like do you exercise regularly, work out etc? from my personal experience there's a path that fits perfectly:--> first you gain physical control of your body:--> then you take breathing control:--> then you take mental control of your body. I am right now at first phase (trying to work out some strength, although breathing is becoming easy and easy day by day.)
    if you want to learn some serious breathing try:-->
    http://swamij.com/breath.htm
    this is an excellent discussion on the subject and details out intricate breathing concepts that you would need for meditation and kundalini awakening.

As always if we have some doubts we can ask our instructors or may be discuss at sciforums.

Rick

23. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

" why is it not a good idea?"

Oh, being indestructible, I suppose there is no harm. Go for it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!