Kundalini Awakening

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Xerxes, Jun 11, 2005.

1. evolove Registered Senior Member

You can try reading Gopi Krishna, there are some interviews on the net that are quick to read and very informative.
    http://www.ecomall.com/gopikrishna/
    Pleased don't try this with out at least once contacting somebody who can ealy show you about these things, and I don't mean the neighbourhood psychic, if you have to travel to a big city and meet somebody qualified to teach and help you... if you are realy interested in this. Books are fine, but realy they cannot do anything, it's like reading the cereal box.
    This would be the single greatest thing that you could do, if you do it right.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. VossistArts 3MTA3 Registered Senior Member

I think I was wondering why posting your links wasnt a good idea...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Vossisarts caution is not unfounded. The energy involved is intoxicating, very addicitve and potentially lethal.
    Kundalini is often referred to as sexual energy but is really the very life force energy that allows animation.
    Of course it must be by it's very nature addictive and pervasive.

The effect on perception is profound and if not fully prepared with understanding and physical/ mental discipline will over whelm the person placing that person in a very precarious postion [ as described by Vossisarts but can be considerably worse]

The problem is once the mind is captivated by and ability to "will" a kundalini event these events will occur until the person has mastered the willed control of those events. Thus seemingly random K events will occur until then. The events themselves generate paranoia or the fear of self harm making the task of managing these events even more tenuous.

Kundalini is a part of a naturally evolved infrastructure that supports your existance. Tampering with it will threaten that infrastructure.

So I would also join with Vossisarts and others, recommending great caution in indulging in unwise curiocity.

The saying "Curiocity killed the cat" comes to mind.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2005
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. VossistArts 3MTA3 Registered Senior Member

That's an interesting perspective. Are you educated in the subject through practice? Im only asking because Im curious about it and I havent actually met anyone who knew anything about it from personal experience beyond somewhat random things like I have. Peace

8. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I do, many years [15 plus]
    I am not confident in discussing it in a forum like this because I wish not to encourage experimentation unless it is a necessity of recovery [ healing ] and not a curiousity inspired power trip.

For example:
    Your heart beat is a kundalini event and having to will your heart to keep beating as a deliberate act can be extremely distressing.
    So as you can deduce from that comment I am reluctant to entertain the curiocity of others over the net.
    Possibly a private discussion in PM could be considered.

9. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Don't try this if you haven't done it before?

What is the correct price of living? What level of risk is it worth? If we go through life more than half dead, is "danger" even a meaningful word? We may have nothing to lose.

10. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I guess the main thing is that some people stumble upon a K event usually due to stressful circumstances. There is some thought that those events can culminate in destroying a persons capacity to function normally within the society they belong.
    Now there are those that would like to experiment with K events and do so of their own violition and also end up unable to function normally.

Do you think it is a wise act to invite the destruction of your mental/physiological tapestry because of sheer curiosity?
    I didn't volutarilly seek a K event. In fact I found it distressing that the infrastucture that supported my existance was now turned against me rather than supporting me.

It's sort of like "dig around the foundations of a tall building and that building may very well fall down."

The thing is a k event can be extremely exciting at one moment and your worst nightmare the next until it is controlled.

If you can think of your worst possible night mare and multiply the intensity by many times you may imagine just how bad it can get.....
    so please excuse me for not wanting to be a party to helping you achieve that worst nightmare. Not because I care about you directly but certainly because I care about what I do and say and the value I regard what I do.

11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Another thing to consider is what meditations are all about.

Yoga for example is not about power, or entertainment. It is about balance and vitality.
    In the proper framework of yoga maintaining a desire for balance during K awakening is extremely important. There is no room for egoistic desires other than for peace and vitality. Most serious Yoga instructors pursue proper grounding of the student for many years before attempting any overt awakenings.

So before experimentation is undertaken one should consider what experimentation in itself implies. A venture in to the unknown. A decent yoga teacher will never experiment without knowing the outcomes beforehand.

So if you have an interest in a K awakening you are already badly premised in that your interest should be balance and vitality.

in other words your motivation in what you do is so important to the outcomes.

12. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

How about this? I may indeed experience feelings that are so intense as to almost rival those of a living being if I experience a "K event." What of it? From my personal experience it has just been enough to turn on the lights for a few hours a day. I need this stuff to survive.

About the time that you say that a teacher will never experiment without knowing the outcomes beforehand, you lost me. Is all of humanity so cowardly? If we won't go where we haven't been before, we're going to get a second-hand and highly accelerated demonstration of the second law of thermodynamics.

It is wise when one is ready to invite the possible total destruction of self to complete one's self. I don't have anything to lose because my ability to function "normally" was destroyed a long time ago. I can only emulate normality. It's just as well not to be "normal" anyway because normals are such a complete mess.

13. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

From the mouth of a madman it may be, but you need to listen, Quantum Quack. We can't put the genie back in the bottle nor can we put the mushroom cloud back in the shiny uranium sphere. I am painfully aware of the move to cut back on human creativity, to dull us down until we cannot create any more horrors like the atomic bomb. Well, some of you people who think you've solved THAT problem had better get yourself a really good reality check. Not only has the problem of the arbitrarily large nuclear bomb been solved, the locations of stockpiles of metallic uranium are public knowledge, and definitely known to the people who launch nuclear weapons. The detonation of several thousand tons at once of U-238 by a fusion weapon will literally produce a lake of fire, pierce the Earth right down to the mantle. Curious George isn't the only person in the world who would do that. It will be a bigger bang than the nuclear destruction of the Indus valley a few millenia ago. Find some of your yoga masters from the really old school, ask them about the Indus valley, and see the uncomfortable looks.

We have two ways to go: Forward, or die. If dead is the condition that the masters, the manipulators want to achieve, we're all set for it. The only thing that can be prevented now is anyone from being able to make things better. Write these words on your wall. The only thing we can prevent is the creation of a person, a genius, who can make things better. It may take just one person to turn it around. It's going to take just about all of us cooperating with him to allow it to happen. With all the pain that I and others have suffered, I am not willing to let it all fall down again.

14. VossistArts 3MTA3 Registered Senior Member

I think quack is referring specifically to Kundalini practice and maybe some other forms of yogic practice where fooling around with those things can leave a person in a state of being that is severely worse than death. Its not a simple or even complex matter of creative experimentation hoping to find an answer to some seemingly insurmountable problem. With Kundalini practice the answer and solution are known already and apparently so is the proper way to arrive at that answer and solution. Also the possible outcomes for not adhering to the proper practice are well known so its all there before you. I think hoping to attain or gather something extraordinary beyond what can be and has been already attained to through kundalini practice at the possible expense of your ability to function at all is really extreme, and not very well thought out. there are possibly an infinite other creative ventures where a person can bravely dive into the unknown looking for extraordinary results where failure to do so still leaves you the opportunity to try again. If finding a solution to the problems in this world is of such importance to you then how can protecting your continuing state of functionality, however limited it may be, be taken so lightly?

15. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Vossitsarts, thanks, you have it quite correct.
    Metakron, you have just validated my point about cautioning the curious.

The problem is that you have to make a choice. 1] do you want to save your self or 2] do you want to save the world?

Do you wish to find "normality" or are you still chasing the extraordinary?

If you are genuinely seeking "normality" then you have a chance at success but if you are chasing the extraordinary you are in deep shit.
    keeping in mind that what happens to you and what you do effects everyone else. Kundalini can be triggered in other people by you, K sexual practices are all about mutual K enhancements......well It doesn't stop in the bedroom as you well know. Other people will defend themselves instinctively and that puts you in a very small place.
    However if your motivation is truely genuine and grounded in altruism people react differently to the K event you are triggering for them.

Basically you are wasting so much energy fighting the genie you are simply so exhausted that you can't function properly.

It took me 8 years to get to the point where I could touch people with out burning them. [burn blisters would appear if touch was prolonged.]

I rarely needed to wear warm clothing I was so hot. It took 8 f*ckin' years of discipline and learning to get back the ability to touch someone......and that is only one aspect of Kundalini awakening. Its rather amazing how quickly your friends disappear when they feel them selves heating up just by being near or even thinking about you.

So my advice is clearly define what it is you really want.

16. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I'm not taking my state of functionality lightly. Whatever my attitude toward that state of functionality, I am useless unless I move forward. Moving backward is much more dangerous now. It was dangerous more than twenty years ago.

What do I really want? A good income and a good place to live, then I can write books and not have to deal with losers in dingy workplaces.

17. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

MetaKron,
    When experiencing a K event the outcome is a hightened state of awareness and the vigilance that goes with it.
    A few years ago I published a discussion paper on the net as a way of dealing with what I feel is the casuality of severe mental disorder or dysfunction.
    Possibly if you have a read it will indicate the sort of discipline and training needed to come to terms with a K awakening. Of course I make no mention of Kundalini in the paper as I feel it [ the paper] is contraversial enough with out it.
    Heres the link
    A new approach

It suggest that by training the senses to be more balanced one can recover from the trauma of an uncontrolled K awakening
    BTW the paper was writen a few years back and is in need of review.....however the impost is the same now as it was then.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2005
  18. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

QQ: There's not much there and I tried two different browsers. Your paper cuts off abruptly.

You're right about people sensing this stuff and reacting to it, but this reaction isn't defensive. It is sadistic.

19. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I will have to review it and re-upload......

This sense of sadism is also part of your challenge.....k can be very nasty indeed.
    In pseudo religious terms K is recognised as fire and brimstone, hades and hell, It is considered as the devils energy. It is deluding and painfully sadisic but can offer earthly vitality and strength if goverend properly. In fact it is already your earthly vitality and strength. However this energy is brown and not red. [ green and red ]

In the chakra systems of the body you have the deep red of the root to the burnt orange of the sacral [groin and lower pelvis] all the way to heaven at the top of you head.
    So in pseudo religious terms the K event is the ascent of the pseudo devil into the higher realms. The energy corrupts and taints all other energies. So that your energy systems become k biased. Your perception changes and other peoples perception changes and they see you like as if you are an energy demon. As they also fight the corruption you are inspiring, in them inadvertantly.

The problem in metaphorical terms is in the keeping of the energy where is belongs and cleansing all the other chakras of it's corruption.

Bringing you energy systems back into balance.

Most persons who have studied this area of chakra will acknowledge that the colours Gold and yellow are benificial. [ brown timber is also beneficial]

Now because we are talking about realms that are almost pure imagination the imagination can be used to help balance the energies.
    So visualisations and meditations can help.
    However the imagination is extremely sensitive to this energy and so you can end up chasing your tail. Using the corrupted to fight the corrupted.

So some people will visualise water falling through their bodies to lower the heat. Some will sit near water falls and ocean. Some will swim in icy water during winter. Going fro walks in timbered areas, smelling fresh cut timber or sandlewood incence....etc.

Some will wear yellow clothes and golden jewelery. Some will look at white surfaces and allow their imaginations to draw the balancing energys [ colours] they need.
    The most important thing to keep in mind is that if you are going to play with fire be prepared to get burnt. And that there is absolutely no guarrantee of success.

20. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

The other thing is that to change something it must at first be accepted. If it is rejected you can not change it.

21. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

You do give Western religions just a little too much credit. Identifying this Kundalini with hell and brimstone, where do we get that anyway? That ain't what Jesus done said. That's some of what got slapped on top of Jesus's work and passed off as real scripture but it's fake.

As near as I can tell the truth is that the Kundalini is transformed as it climbs from its point of origin at the base of the spine. You will find authors who say this. There are two ways to get it stuck at the second chakra. Either be obsessed with having a lot of sex, or be obsessed with eliminating it from your life. Either way holds the transformation down to nearly the lowest level. Not that I think that the lower levels are bad. It's just that if you want to use your brain for being able to count past twenty or twenty-one, depending on your gender, you'd better have at least some connection to the current.

We need to take responsibility for our own energy, but I think I see the habit of taking far too much responsibility for the actions of others. The philosophy that our K energy is what sets some people off is a little too passive. People make conscious decisions to kick someone around if they perceive that person as better than they are in some way. Those decisions are wrong, vicious, and should be beneath the average person. I flat refuse to hold myself or a mysterious energy responsible for their actions. They have chosen to behave in ways that are beneath those of animals.

A lot of this isn't the working of the kundalini per se. It is the way our minds work. It's our personal issues.

22. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

the thing is your imagination is a reflection of your energy. The root chakra exists inside your head in reflection. It drives your thoughts so canot be isolated or thought of as being an actor when in fact you are that actor.....
    It is true each is repsonsible for there actions however if we are acting instinctively can we be held responsible for our reflexive actions. every one has K issues to deal with not just you or me. In fact it could be said that K issues are part of our lifes journey and for some it is harder than for others. A persons sadistic behaviour is still only an outcome of his inability to govern his reactions to the energy that drives him.

Anger and hostility and sadism is essentially self nhilistic, a demonstration of their own private hell [ K events ]

23. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I feel that there is not much point to getting to involved in the detail , the whys and wherefores as this is not the place to do so with out possibly exasperating the problem with confusion and ego.

Suffice to say that as it is with most things, it is fear that must be conquered and understood that is the key to control of K events. It is easy to talk about and easy to fuel but extremely hard to actually do.

We all have a primal fear and for most people it is the fear of pain. Fire of K can be either a blessing or a curse. Your fear determines which it is.
    My personal success was achieved I feel by correcting the paranoia associated with the fear of fire.[pain] By clearly determining the difference between actual [real] and potential [ speculation]

Please realise that you give off energy as an every day thing and if you fear the energy involved you end up in a state of self fear or fear of self as you are also that energy. What you fear is reflected back at you.

So in the final analysis working on your fear is the only avenue available.