Language Practice

Discussion in 'Linguistics' started by hotsexyangelprincess, May 26, 2011.

1. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

So, I looked through the annals of this board and didn't see any threads pertaining to this topic (although I may have missed one). I'm just wondering if we're able to post contact info for people looking to develop proficiency in another language. Likely all of you already have a fair handle on English if you're a regular poster but I'm sure there are others looking to achieve fluency. To that end, I'd just like to ask if anyone would be amenable to helping others with learning another language through conversations, voice chat, etc.

My main reason for asking, however, is that I am currently studying Norwegian (as a native English speaker) and have no one with whom I can chat/practice pronunciation. Anyway, if anyone is interested in this (for any language), I guess just go ahead and post here.

P.S. I'm back, sort of.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

I don't know that we have any Norwegians here. Have you looked for Norwegian forums?

I'm not on my own computer right now, but I know I have tons of language links on mine. I might be able to find something that could be useful. I'll repost when i get access to mine and let you know if I find anything helpful.

Let me know if you find anything as well! I've wanted to learn some Norwegian for a while now. I just checked Rosetta stone's site and its one of the languages they do not currently have. I wonder if there is any other language learning software that is as effective as Rosetta stone...

k now I'm just thinking out loud... so ill shut up.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr MacGillivray Banned Banned

Many countries offer a selection of their public programs on the internet.

I'm not too familiar with the Norwegian system, but it seems they do too.

http://www.nrk.no/nett-tv/

Find some children's programs and watch those.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.