Las Vegas Shooting

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Kittamaru, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

I got a 30 yo bottle of Macallan for my last birthday. I'm good with not having maize in my booze.

sculptor likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. billvon Valued Senior Member

Might well be none. There are people in the world who are crazy, evil and uncontrollable. There may be no impetus, no reason, no justification, no rationale for this shooting.

And since we are unwilling to do anything about that, it will happen again, and again, and again.

sculptor likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

Yeah well ...why though ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. iceaura Valued Senior Member

We have a chink in the armor - a way to get some stuff done: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/texas-republican-sees-reason-bump-stocks-open-ban/story?id=50287541
    It's been nine months - given the established memory span of the average fruit fly Republican voter, that should be enough time to allow the obvious bad stuff to be blamed on Obama's failure to properly control guns, and the obvious fixes installed as the initiatives of patriotic conservative responsible gun owing Republican legislators protecting our heroic First Responders.

And with the media - like ABC there - safely in pocket and obviously willing to broadcast whatever amnesiac tongue-bathing the nearest Republican requires, that could happen reasonably soon.

8. billvon Valued Senior Member

Because the NRA gets its political power from completely unrestricted sales of guns - and the NRA gets a LOT of money from gun manufacturers to make sure it stays that way.

9. iceaura Valued Senior Member

But there is a way around that via media "power", as ABC demonstrates:
    Sure it's embarrassing, a travesty of journalism and a nauseating display of toadying and media self-abasement, but that ship sailed decades ago. So what the hell - better than allowing Orwellian "interpretation" of the Bill of Rights.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Ya know... when I see videos like this...

I have to wonder... if a person has to be able to fire several hundred rounds per minute down range to feel like a man... do they really have any right to access a weapon like that in the first place?

Seriously, that advert is cringe-worthy... and seeing how it allows the rifle to fire nearly equivalent to full auto... yeah, no wonder this guy was able to mow people down so easily.

11. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Running the blogs, I ran into a speculation about the shooter that makes some sense and has some relevant implications: that he was a money launderer for an organized crime syndicate.

This vague business of being a retired accountant of some unspecified kind doesn't really add up, on its own.

So waiting for word, then, on: 1) where his money was coming from 2) the autopsy.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  12. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Lethal Weapon II? Maybe he went through the drive-thru one too many times?

13. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I think you are close to the mark.
    The shooters possible clandestine relationship with his father (FBI top 10 Most wanted) and his associates needs a good look at as well.
    Rumor has it that he may have had an accomplice up there in the rooms...
    I get the distinct impression ( gut ) that he may have been used as a fall guy for someone else.

There have been a number of really weird lethal situations over the last year or so that have all been more or less un-explainable (out of character) . May be this is only going to be another one...
    The fact that Trump is Pro NRA could also be a factor, in that, what better demonstration of Trumps foolishness could you make especially if you were suicidal.

It could have been a political statement: "See what happens when you don't have solid gun regulations!"

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  14. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Also he may have been a deliberate distraction so that a major heist or whatever could be carried out elsewhere on the strip.