Last Unread Post...

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by invert_nexus, Jan 16, 2007.

1. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Now that Plazma is around and taking care of things, I figure it is a good time to bring this up again.

Once upon a time, clicking the title of the thread and/or the little arrow on the index page would take you to the last unread post in a thread. But, after the software upgrade, this broke. It now takes you to the last post in the thread.

It's been awhile and people are starting to get accustomed to it, I'm sure, but it was so much better when it worked the way it was supposed to.

I don't know how easy it will be to fix. I recall that there was a problem with this before and Porfiry fixed it pretty easy. Not sure if it's the same problem now, as then.

I would really appreciate this functionality being repaired though.

Please?

(There are a couple of other issues that I could mention, too. Perhaps after this one is dealt with, or at least attempted to be dealt with.)

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I was wondering about that too.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

Well, I'm not sure that new system allows access to the last unread post.

But, I'll check in the back-end if it's possible to restore it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Oops.
    I screwed up the title anyway.
    First unread post. Not last unread post.
    I started to title the thread "last post" but then changed tactics but messed up in the doing.

Anyway.
    You can still reach the first unread post in the subforum listing by clicking the

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

to the left of the thread title.

And, as to the system being intended to be used that way from the main index page, if you hover the mouse over the thread title, it says "go to first unread post in..."

Perhaps I was mistaken about the arrow

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

on the main index page. It says "last post" when hovered over.

And. Duh. Clicking the title takes you to the FIRST post in the thread now instead of the first unread post like it's supposed to.
    Like I said, been getting used to it and am now used to clicking the arrow to get into the thread.
    The dangers of adaptation.