Latinos for Trump Founder: Latinos Dominant, Imposing, Causing Problems

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tiassa, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Latinos for Trump Founder on Latinos: Dominant, Imposing, Causing Problems

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

"My culture is a very dominant culture. And it's imposing, and it's causing problems. If you don't do something about it, you're gonna have taco trucks every corner."

This is one of the strangest quotes of the political season:

Joy Reid: Marco, you know, I've heard this Trump moment described as a "Barry Goldwater moment", which is of course the tipping point when African-Americans became so identified with the Democratic Party that it essentially became almost impossible for Republicans to win more than ten percent of them. I've heard it described as a "Prop 187 moment", when the California law that went after undocumented migrants there really harmed the Republican Party―it's never recovered. Are you not at all concerned that Donald Trump is so alienating people with his tone last night, that yelling into the prompter speech, and just the tone toward undocumented migrants, toward immigrants in this ‎ountry, that you are now facing a Barry Goldwater moment for your Party?

Marco Gutierrez: Yes, but, you know, Donald Trump's a genius of delivering the message, and yes, it was a tough message to deliver, but he did it in a way that has shown us that we have a problem, and the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few; and different times, different problems. Yes, indeed, there's a lot of people―my colleague, here, he would not be here―but we need to understand that this is a different time and we're having problems here.

Joy Reid: What problems? What problems are you talking about?

Marco Gutierrez: My culture is a very dominant culture. And it's imposing, and it's causing problems. If you don't do something about it, you're going to have taco trucks every corner.

No, really: What the hell does that even mean? Mr. Gutierrez attempted to clarify, but couldn't bring himself to literally tell people to be afraid of Mexicans and thus faltered.

But, you know ... really?

And there are plenty of people I know who would respond to Mr. Gutierrez by reminding that a taco truck on every corner would be just fine with them except conservatives keep wrecking the food safety regulations.

Notes:

Reid, Joy. "Trump supporter warns of 'taco trucks on every corner'". All In with Chris Hayes. msnbc. 1 September 2016. msnbc.com. 2 September 2016. http://on.msnbc.com/2c5qlLk

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

He's inarticulate and stage-paralyzed, but he's saying the same thing Edward Abbey and Charles Bowden and dozens of others have said for many years now: the US does not want to import the political and economic culture of Mexico. And it may do just that, if it can't control its southern border.

The dangerous thing about Trump is that his con is running on a core of truth, and there's traction to be had for it at any time. He has to keep shooting himself in the foot - so far he has been once a week or so, exactly as hoped by the sane. With luck, the Clinton folks can maneuver him into taking the blame for canceling the debates. Ten weeks or so to go - cross your fingers.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.