#LDTPoll: Who do you believe on the Russian hacking allegations?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Michael, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Example:
    ConFest is a self organizing "hippie" festival that runs normally twice a year here in NW Victoria Australia ( up to 10,000 participants camping over 5+ days)
    Due to intense fire danger during the summer the organizers had to regulate to ensure people used prescribed fireplaces.
    Can they opt out? Nope... they get thrown out if they break the rule.
    They can opt out of attending the festival though....
    In later years any fire has been banned most of the time due to climate change. Why did they ban fires altogether do you think? What was their motive? Was it just the cost of insurance?
    Or was it because they cared about the individuals in the collectives safety?
    In your system you would leave it up to the individual to decide whether to make a fire or not...
    Even if you assume the individuals all had the same information the organizers had, the lack of regulation would threaten every one. "Global" regulation reduces the chance of one idiot burning them all.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

This is sounding close to Theocracy.

For example, suppose a woman lives in KSA. She legally restricted from leaving her house without her husband. This has overwhelming support to be sure. If a vote was taken, they'd uphold this law.

So, your argument to this woman who wants to leave her house but can't is what exactly? Leave her friends and family and go live (hopefully die) is the desert?

Wouldn't the better option be that she is legally allowed to leave her home with the State's role being to protect her property (here her person)?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I said 1949. With the goal being Anarchy. IOWs we move towards LESS violence. Not more, less

Example would be eliminating the fiat currency. Another is Charter and Private schools. Free market medicine. Ending drug wars. Etc...

I swear you just want to argue.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Many countires require licences to cut hair or make coffee.

They'd love to register and regulate everything and everyone doing anything including the aforementioned professions.

The only reason they don't is they can't. When that changes they will.

8. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Far from impossible. Just sit down with the client and make sure they are cognizant of the fact.

Like this: A want to be clear to you the I am NOT LICENCED BY THE STATE to practice medicine. Do you understand? Okay. Repeat back to the camera your understanding.

It'd probably take 5 minutes tops.

Probably the response would be: I know, that's why I'm comimg here, I don't want the shit Government medical doctors.

Also, the person practicing could be qualified by a private organization. Which would have a lot if incentives to maintain a high standard (unlike Government).

9. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

This is what I don't get. You people want to be regulated. Even when the solutions are obvious.

Like the Earth revolving the sun. Statism. It's a belief.

10. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

OMG

Regulations do NOT protect against fraud. At all.

If anything, it leads to fraud. Regulations are they to protect the regulated, mainly from litigation and competition. The last thing anyone give two shits about is The People.

I mean, come on.

At least in a free market there's a market standard. In a Government monopoly there's no standard to be measured against.

11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

There are many reasons why a male chaperon culture became necessary for any women in regions where law enforcement was inadequate... sch as the Middle East and the Burka for example.... Unfortunately many males can't seem to control themselves and so religion and social systems ( regulation) were generated to compensate.
    Could be.... in fact why do you think the Europe is being flooded with refugees at the moment? ( All risking death to get there)
    but of course... but that takes a good government and appropriate legislation to manage a large law enforcement organization with it's own regulations...

12. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

no.. your cynicism is evident... regulation is to protect against further victims all round.....the people and the people is still the people.
    regulation is an attempt to generate order out of chaos. To provide a "convention" or standard that all members of the collective have to adhere to. (assuming there is equality under the law of course)
    it provides a greater degree of predictability and certainty

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  13. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Yes!!!

This is what I'm talking about!

Private property protection by volentary agreement. Don't follow the rules and out you go. This is a role the police can play. They enforce private property protection.

14. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

If the government is a good government then it is already a free market government... don't you see!?
    If you study the complete picture for what democracy is you will find that a true democracy is essentially a self governing system.

15. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

This is true. I would suggest IQ measures something that plays a role.

It may be that some societies cannot self govern. We can.

Most are young men. I believe the majority came for 1. The adventure 2. To speed Islam as they have been taught their entire lives 3. For the Welfare.

As I understand it, about 80% of Turkish Germans are on welfare.

Good government is IMO an oxymoron.

The best Government, governs the least.

16. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

The people in government have the legal right to initiate violence against morally innocent people within a geopolitical domain.

How is that good or free.

No other groups of people have this legal right. Which is why government (any form) is dangerous.

17. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

absolutely correctomundo!
    but that requires educated, mature and self restrained, self disciplined individuals to make up that collective.... maybe 1000 years from now.. maybe...

18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Again, I'm not talking lawlessness. An Anarchy is lawful.

Regulations are there to protect rent-seekers from litigation and competition.

They're also there to protect the regulators paychecks.

Okay, why have a licence to cut an adults hair? When the same person can legally cut the hair of their child? What? The child doesn't deserve protection? Should be outlaw parents legally haircutting their kids hair?

The same is true for preparing food for a gathering of kids over for a sleep over?

How about making coffee?

Come on.

19. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

If you keep in mind the dislocation, the desperation they have suffered and drop the Islamaphobic cynicism and take a look at the situation properly you will see differently. Especially now that 100's of thousand are currently sleepping in rough conditions in sub zero temps.

20. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Let's just return to the levels of regulations in 1949. That's a start.

You can't get to a small government by growing government. All you create is a culture normalizated to government.

(which is exactly what the government wants you to do - normalize to accepting it. As has now happened with illegal spying via the NSA)

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Good example... why did they regulate ? really... go back to the original issue that forced the regulation....

22. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Typically or originally Government and most religions for that matter regulation is only present because of the need to compensate for the lack of self restraint and discipline demonstrated countless times by the majority of collective members.
    Of course the government is also made up of individuals that have the same self restraint issues and so of course Government can appear to be self serving and corrupted by power etc...
    In most cases it is not the system that is the problem it is the people who run the system.

23. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Europe has destroyed itself. IMO

Pathological Empathy

5 boys and men dragged a 14 year old into the woods and rapped him. No one was deported and the sentences were light.

Insane.

Europe is done for. Permanent alteration that cannot be undone. Like boiling an egg. It's done.

Thank the Gods the Japanese resist all attempts to import refugees (politicians enacting the overwhelming will of the people if you prefer to think on terms of democracy). Those that come find a safe, hardworking life. No free bees more than the poor in Japan, which isn't much. A small apt, safety, rigorous schools and demanding jobs. Just like everyone else.

Many leave and return home. Ironically.