Legalize the C word!

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by visceral_instinct, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Please no! He's my absolute favorite poster!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I hate him with an alarming immediacy and violence. I'm not sure why. Maybe because he's always taunting me about my lack of femininity, and going on about how women are primarily baby machines and men are primarily learners, doers and creators, which wears on me. I think it's also because judging from his use of language, he has above average intelligence, but all he seems to do with that intelligence is find the most hurtful way to put someone else down.

It doesn't quite explain the clenched fists and unnecessary autonomic nervous system violence whenever I think of him, though. Maybe my reptilian brain hates him too.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Just seen this thread - and thought it was about calling someone a Conservative!

Silly me.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

in public we should not just say anything we feel. people will judge you, and if you dont judge due to language you will judge to due something else. so why judge people who are judging you.

8. mike47 Banned Banned

My opinion is that people should be able to use any word they choose as long as they do not swear at people . Forums are ideas and not a bunch of swearing at one another . The key word is " respect '.

9. John99 Banned Banned

on forums respect has much less meaning. this is normal human behaviour and tbh...elements are missing. for example, faces and voices.

honestly, we are typing. this is viewed differently. the reason is that it is not viewed in realtime, as in face to face or phone convo.

10. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

Whaaat [dot dot dot]

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

But the rule doesn't mention banning. :shrug:

E. Language
    Excessive use of vulgar language will initially be edited. Posts that continue this trend will be deleted.

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I remind users that sciforums is supposed to be an intelligent community. That means that when you receive a warning from a moderator not to continue a certain behaviour it just might be an idea not to continue the certain behaviour.

13. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

The rest of us weren't warned :blbl:

14. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

James, don't send me any more warnings, ok? I don't like warnings.
    If you want to ban me, just go ahead and do it.

15. tuberculatious Banned Banned

i will try to restrain myself despite the legality of the action

16. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i agree with you 100%, why do people want it to be used freely? and you asked, what if our kids spoke like that...............well i would kick they're asses for them, they would know that i wasnt pleased,

i also hate the word, (even though i have used it very very very rarely, and i feal so awful afterwards)

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

so then everyone who got the banning got a warning first?

18. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

19. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Why IS the word so awful though? Why is dick an everyday word but cunt a terrible shock to the nervous system??

Why is a word for penis rude-but-normal, but a word for vagina a big shock?

Are vaginas really that hideous?

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

because a dick belongs to a man and is powerful while a cunt belongs to a woman and is nasty. Apparently its so nasty you can get banned for simply typing it

21. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Why would you type it anyway? It's inappropriate. I don't at all blame the admins and mods for banning it, and in fact they should have stricter control over profanity. Profanity doesn't belong on an intellectual site.

22. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Yeah, penises are noble and dignified things symbols of power, but vaginas are nasty things akin to a moray eel's mouth.

Actually, I think I like that. I'm going to refer to my vagina as my 'moray eel's mouth'. It sounds powerful and dangerous.

23. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Same reason some people use the word dick, I suppose?

And it has its place, if you are having a reasonable argument, sure, you should pick your fight using ideas and logic rather than curse words. But if someone persists in being unreasonable or rude, sure, why not use the word?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.