Lego Dimensions.

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Daecon, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Does anyone play this?

We only really got it for the Portal 2 and Doctor Who levels, but it's so much fun, even if it is a bit of a "gotta buy 'em all" kinda thing to get 100% completion.

Spaceship! Spaceship! SPACESHIP!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. zgmc Registered Senior Member

Never heard of it. Is this a computer game, or for a console?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

It's a video game for Playstations 3 & 4, Wii U, and Xboxes 360 & One.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

Played The Lego Movie The Video Game demo, and that's about the extent of my Lego game playing experience.

Prefer Minecraft.

8. zgmc Registered Senior Member

Just looked it up. Wow. Looks like you have to spend quite a bit to get into this game.

9. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Yeah, it's really for die-hard LEGO fans and people (or a few housemates) with money to spare.

The base game is really all you need, but it's about 1.5-2x the price of a standard video game, but that might just be because it comes with a cool little peripheral base unit.

But me and my housemate are HUGE Doctor Who, Portal, and LEGO fans, so it was pretty inevitable that we would get this. The extras are pretty pricey for what you actually get, though. And you do need many of the extra character packs to unlock 100% completion of all the secrets and collectibles. C'est la vie.

I guess it works best when friends each have different packs, and share with each other.

We also have Minecraft on the PS3, and love it. I did try Terraria, but couldn't really get into it. It's not very intuitive.