Life is evil!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by darksidZz, Apr 4, 2007.

1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Life is not fascinating, it's evil... we live, we work hard each day for nothing... everything we are is predetermined... our genetic makeup tells others how attractive, smart, healthy, and useful we can be. Society is designed by the limited intellects of those who've come before, and while new better generations are born the old still hold sway over this world. What madness, what inhumane and terrible treatment...

Someone in another country will exist for awhile, working to feed and cloth themselves, possibly a whole family... this will develop into a more disasterious situation as he works for money merely to sustain life. All the while animals are wild, running free, doing what they will and when... humans are slaves to other humans.. and think of this, if people refused to follow instructions given by others then what? Wouldn't we be better off?

Life is evil.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Non sequitur.
    You didn't just describe life, you described aspects of the current human social systems.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

No it is YOU whom is evil! How dare you disagree with the masses, even if they are wrong! How DARE you wanting things changed!

"What is new, however, is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again. "

from Nietzsche's The Gay Science, s. 4, Walter Kaufmann transl

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. orcot Valued Senior Member

life is unfair for sure and society is evil, while people are generally nice in the nothing personal way when they remove your kidney's.

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Fuck you. :splat: :grumble: :frust:

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Just kidding...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You can change that.

Unless you were born tetraplegic or with some weird relatively rare genetic disorder, you can overcome your imperfections.

Huuumm... yes. But if you are really part of a better generation, than you can change it for better!

Mankind would be better off if mankind cared about the whole mankind.

It depends on perspective. You can look at your power to change it. Then suddenly life is not that bad, is it...?

10. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

It would be better if I had a girlfriend

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Life is not just fucking.

12. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Bah! You sounded so strong, now I see you are just weak, like most people.

13. orcot Valued Senior Member

darksidZz go ask that women out now period

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Call a prostitute, DAMMIT!

15. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

DarksidZz: Do you live in some third world country with a dictator and machete wielding killers? Do you have to use a computer at a public library because you cannot afford one of your own? Are you homeless?

What is so terrible about your life?

I know a lot of people, including myself, who were never wealthy or famous, but who enjoyed their life.

I would like to be as rich as Bill Gates (or even have just a few million). I wish I had been an olympic athlete, a Nobel prize winner, or an Oscar winning actor. Not achieving such goals has not made me unhappy with my life. I know others who are similarly content with modestly successful lives.

I worked a 9 to 5 job most of my life and spent a few years running an Auction gallery and a high class indoor Flea Market (neither of whihc ventures were mcuh of a success, although I made a few extra bucks). I never felt exploited by the corporations I worked for. I never felt that I was a so called wage slave. The only instituitons that ever caused me trouble were government regulatory agencies (the hoops they make you junp through are unbelievable).

Most of my bosses were decent people who treated me well. Most of the people I have met and interacted with were decent.

With the right view of life, you can be happy instead of miserable.

16. VitalOne Banned Banned

if life is evil, then death must be good...

17. iam Banned Banned

I would agree life is evil. It's not pessimistic to know it, its grounded and realistic. But it is pessimistic to not find solutions amidst it or if you can work to even cure it whether it be a physical disease or a moral failing in the society you reside. Some security is illusion, some fed to us on purpose to make us victims for others or for others advantage, that you can really count on or trust others etc. Most security is temporary or it must be created. Life requires constant vigilance and keeping our eyes open. There are lots of horrendous things that can happen and the worse it is, sometimes death will look like a more merciful option. Those who have been fortunate to not have been touched by evil is due to the work of others, luck, and good fortune. It's not this way for everyone. Yes, though one may be fortunate, another may be suffering greatly though not necessarily or directly eithers fault. Therefore, still life is overall and realistically inherently evil and at a cost.

18. Aivar A.R. Registered Senior Member

Excuse me for maybe assuming too much, but it sounds like you do overestimate money. There are far more reasons for being miserable than being poor. Fates far worse than not owning one's personal computer. I shall not comment on living under the rule as a dictator, as that has never happened to me.

As for everything being predetermined, it is a highly unsound theory. The lives of animals are vastly more predetermined. They do not have the intellect to change their lives or skills. They can make less choices. And whether the need to hunt every day for food and starve, while constantly literally fearing for life and escaping from higher predators, is freedom, is also very questionable.

Is life evil? Very difficult question and unlikely to be answered. Life has both evil and good in it, this much I'm sure everyone will agree on. Perhaps life is bigger than good and evil? Meaning it includes the both of them and more. It's a matter of how much of what you happen to receive by chance.

19. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Life is evil. Avoid it, it'll kill you in the end.

20. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

You are suffering from clinical depression and you've even admitted it in other posts. The way you feel has only a little bit to do with the external world and is primarily a function of what's inside of you.

Have you gotten a better therapist? Have you gotten better medication? Are your parents aware of your condition and making positive contributions to improving it? Are you seeking out helpful friends rather than those who reinforce your own pain and negativity?

From what you've described in the past, there are three things you must do immediately in order to start curing yourself.

1. Move out of your parents' home and establish one of your own. This is a huge gesture toward telling yourself that this is YOUR life, not an extension of your parents' disappointments, failures and anger. I'm sure your parents make you feel like you're the cause of all their problems. You're not. It's more likely the other way round.

2. Get into a university. There is no greater "rite of passage" into adulthood than being thrust into an academic environment, surrounded by other young people who are also pupating into the next phase of their life. You will discover a universe that you think you know but you are completely ignorant of.

3. Get a dog. Dogs are utterly invaluable to depressed people. They love you unconditionally no matter how big a jerk you are. They depend on you and require you to mature into a dependable person. They give you release from solitude and something fun to do. They also help you meet other people with dogs.

Depression = pain. People who are in serious pain think the world sucks, because, for them, it does.

Now get off your butt and DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! We are your friends and we will cheerfully listen to your complaints, but WE CAN'T HELP YOU!

You have to help yourself.

Good luck.

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Life is what you make it to be. I have had good times as well as bad times in my years here on Earth. I own my car,I have a nice house on the ocean which i bought with my earnings I made while working and investing what I made. I have pretty good health, which is all that I really need and have had a wife that left me many years ago. I have food to eat, clothes to wear and money to spend as well as a few good friends. Count the good things along with the bad and you'll see that you're in a better position than you seem to realise.

22. orcot Valued Senior Member

Well darksidZz life is what you make of it I would say. But then again I used to have a friend that was depressed so he started to see a therapist and take medication but even then he was still depressed he did eventually got over it by having a girlfriend.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  23. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Aivar: What you say might be valid.
    However, somebody once told me the following.
    BTW: There is a lot to be said for doing the best you can with the cards which were dealt to you. This includes the concept of trying to be happy/content with a life that does not seem as good as that of others.