Life over time without religion

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Xmo1, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

That's a theory. Also, that was one of the worst Wiki pages I've yet seen--very limited in content.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Quantum_woo

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Secular Sanity Registered Senior Member

"An isolated system obeys the conservation law that its total energy–mass stays constant.

Because of the requirement of enclosure, and the near ubiquity of gravity, strictly and ideally isolated systems do not actually occur in experiments or in nature. They are thus hypothetical concepts only."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolated_system

Sorry but there’s no such thing as spiritual energy. If it’s any consolation, I’m not too happy about it myself.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kx000 Valued Senior Member

If you imagine life and time are just there. Singularity given my natured self will reoccur as part of finite all things.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oystein Registered Senior Member

As you self-actualize, you will enter into infinite stardust that transcends understanding. Through prayer, our souls are baptized in serenity. Kabala may be the solution to what’s holding you back from an enormous fusion of balance.

8. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Maybe we need to change our terms to better accommodate your definitions?

9. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Tiparillo magma fortifies numeric ego sixteen tarantula purple five until container quiet order.

10. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Don't lean too far. You may fall in.

11. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

It's not such a bad place to be. Been reading the Bible lately and find a lot to consider. What I really enjoy is listening to someone who is well read in the Bible. They can connect the dots that I otherwise would have missed.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Hey kids! Join the dots to finish a depiction of Lot’s wife with a look of anguish on her face as her body turns to salt.

sideshowbob likes this.
  13. Secular Sanity Registered Senior Member

That’s what we do. We connect dots. We try to find meaningful patterns in meaningless noise.

Apophenia; a false positive.

14. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

People who are well-read in the Bible and outside the Bible will tell you that a lot of the dots can not (or should not) be connected. You're just as well off connecting dots between Treasure Island and A Clockwork Orange.

15. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

No, it truly makes a lot of sense when someone who understands its content explains the specifics.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Making someone else die for your transgressions is OK?

17. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Sure, you can "make sense" of any nonsense if you can disconnect from reality. You can make artificial connections. You can make the Old Testament prophecies apply to Frodo as easily as to Jesus, for example.

18. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

If that's what you get out of it, sure, but I don't think that's where people are going with it.

19. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

What people are you talking about? True believers or people who are looking at it honestly? I think it's pretty clear that true believers DO find the connections that they want to find whether it's there or not.

20. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I think the problem comes in when people infer more than what it says. If you're looking at it honestly, there's no better way to understand it.

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The problem is bad enough if we take things at face value.

22. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Maybe you should read it. If you already have, then what can I say other than we must disagree on what it's offering.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Like the part where Jesus endorses slavery? Ok, I guess we will have to agree to disagree that slavery is wrong.