life: purposed to continue

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Bishadi, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bishadi Banned Banned

absolutely! All cases!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What is the purpose of babies? It cannot be to survive, since they both do not know how, and are not able to concieve of the concept.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Which?
    And if you mean intent then you have yet to prove it.
    Proposition:
    Green is black.
    Do you agree?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

The purpose of a fish is the same as the purpose for any body.
    Bodies have to come into being, they have to be maintained, and they are designed (for want of a better word

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

), to reproduced. If none of these
    occur the body (species) will not survive. Hence the basic purpose of life is to survive.

jan.

8. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

No, that's an attribute not a purpose.

9. Bishadi Banned Banned

autonomic breathing shares the babies 'intent' to survive (instinct)

10. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

What are bodies attributed to?

jan.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No, they are not designed whatsoever. They survive because their ancestors happened to have the combination of genes that led to their survival. The process is entirely passive.

12. Bishadi Banned Banned

all life.... are you aware that you breath or your heart is beating?

are metabolic processes something a life must think about or are they just part of the living structures 'intent' to continue?

i did

now show me ONE life that does not consume or perfectly stated, take from the environment to continue living

quid pro quo

13. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I am proposing that they are designed.
    But they do look designed.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So because my great, great, great, granparents survived, I will also, based on
    the genes? Brilliant! I don't have to do anything, as my genes ensure my survival.
    I'm handing in my notice first thing tommorow.

jan.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I know they do look designed, but they are not. This is the crux of the matter. I suspect neither you nor Bishadi understand the full implications of the ToL.

You are somewhat incorrect. Because your great...parents survived, they passed on to you genes that would give you a high likelihood of surviving too, assuming similar conditions.

15. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

spidergoat,

How do you know they're not?

What is ToL?

How does my genes allow me to survive?

jan.

16. Bishadi Banned Banned

who is talking about design?

are you an ID'er trying to suggest 'he did it'................?

i don't go there, i prefer practicing reality in which life evolved from the basics of atoms and energy versus adam and eve as some are thinking life is from some designing, creations or what have you from some magic dude(s) on a thrown

i agree, the combination of the parents gene's are how changes occur, and since the 2 parents (no matter the species) reproduced, then again, that core 'life' within is doing what it does to 'continue living.'

How can someone say life is 'passive' as if simply a consequence rather than of instinctive purpose; as we see in most all life existing?

Living things, move, consume and reproduce and not by accident. (passive)

17. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

spider,

in post 110, I meant to say; "I'm NOT proposing they are designed".
    My bad.

jan.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

How do I know things aren't designed? What is ToL? This is due to the Theory of Evolution, which explains with unprecedented clarity and detail, exactly how the various living things could about without a designer.

How do your genes allow you to survive? They led to the development of you! The characteristics of humans are such that they are, in general, very good at surviving.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Not at all. If there is no designer, then there is no purpose. We have to go there, because to have an overall purpose would require such an entity.

Good. If life evolved from atoms (which cannot have intention), the there is no intention to life in general- IN SPITE OF THE INDIVIDUAL INTENTIONS OF SEPARATE LIFE FORMS.

But genes don't change. Genes are responsible for what we are. Genes don't have a purpose, but if they code for a life form that has purpose, then those genes tend to proliferate.

20. Bishadi Banned Banned

no it isn't............nothing other than what man 'created' is designed. No matter which style of defining you wish to propose.

otherwise show me the designs

Oh..........boy... DO i ever!

the correct ToL shares that the current ToE and Planck, and 2Lot are a weeeeeee off the mark.

the very implication of this thread: life: purposed to continue...

and the reality that a living thing consumes from the environment, by natures rules of how energy and mass associate, is exactly why most of you on this thread DO NOT comprehend the thread title.

so the theory of life, is extremely important as to comprehend how life evolved from basic elements provides logic and material evidence (facts) that the current 'passive' random, chemical (i don't know what i am doing) approach is a weeeeeeeee off the mark.

The reality of how life works shows the a living thing actually performs completely contradictory to what many consider the 'laws of nature'

most believe life is a random thing; i don't

and that core principle that enables a life to continue living, is not a choice, but based on the reality of how mass and energy associate.

21. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

spidergoat,

As a whole, I don't believe in the theory of evolution.
    I believe there is design, thus a designer.

Everything is very good at surviving if the conditions are right.
    Genes have naff-all to do with it.

jan.

22. Bishadi Banned Banned

i asked you if you were doing the desiging thing

cuz i am about as flat footed to reality then any you will ever meet

that is correct; the mass is just dead weight; the energy though, is a whole different ball game and 'similar' energy (resonance) will combine (no choice involved) it is a natural reality.

all life has an innert intent to continue; see the list of what makes something appear alive. (define life)

hawkins was talking about selfish genes; what would make a gene selfish?

but reality shows that genetics reveals that a step by step process can be encoded to a hard wiring in which each structures performance is self created by the chain of events, combined with environment and intake; the life and chain of the evolved process, has encoded the 'intent' without a conscious choice even being required

23. Bishadi Banned Banned

ouch!

Not me!

again............ ouch as that statement is silly to say the least.

have you ever looked in the mirror? do you look like your parents, at all?

then be happy your gene's make a difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.