Lights over central indiana

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Phil, Nov 17, 1999.

1. Phil Registered Member

Did anyone see the strange light over central Indiana @7:07pm?????

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. FyreStar Faithless since 1980 Registered Senior Member

Phil -
    Congratulations

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You saw one of the front running meteors from the Leonid meteor shower. Watch the skies after dark on thursday night, and you will be able to see a great many more. Also, keep your eye on the unlit section of the moon - you may see small flash indicating a collision with the lunar surface. Don't worry, none will hit the earth (except perhaps small pebbles or grains of sand) because we have a nice thick atmosphere to protect us, whereas the moon does not. Enjoy the show!

FyreStar

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mid12am Registered Senior Member

How can you be so closed minded brushing off what was defentally a UFO encounter as a meteor.. without even so much as checking the video tape or eye witness accounts. I am shocked at how easy you dismiss this perhaps you are falling for the massive government coverup going on..

(Mid12am)
    (I'm just joking)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Phil Registered Member

The more time I have to think about what I saw I beleive it was probably a piece of space junk or a satelite coming down. It was moving about the same speed as most satelites travel. Not nearly as fast as 'shooting stars'. Did anyone else out there see it?

8. FyreStar Faithless since 1980 Registered Senior Member

Mid12Am -

Had me going there for a minute

FyreStar