linux

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by dexter, Sep 23, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dexter ROOT Registered Senior Member

hello everyone, i was just courious how many people in here use linux, and there thoughts....

------------------
    when christianity ruled the world, it was called the dark ages!
    THANK GOD FOR ATHEISM!

voice mail: 1-800-222-6000
    pin#- 2442235

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I'm learning how to horse it around now. I like it. I started programming back in '78 or so with an Atari 800. I loved entering commands in BASIC and seeing what they could do and how far I could push them. I took computer programming classes in high school as soon as they became available and excelled at them, becoming quite familiar with the Apple line. With the advent of Windows-based OS's, it became increasingly harder for me to lay my hands on something that didn't lock me out of the language. The "moronification" (my arrogant word) of computers combined with sub-standard income severely hampered my progress, and I fell out of practice.

Last year I donated my old Atari 800 to the Tech Museum of San Jose. Before saying goodbye to Old Faithful, I gave it one last whirl, pushing sound, graphics, and interactiveness to the max (for a 48K machine). I still had it.

Now that I have become acquainted with Linux, I feel and old familiar fire igniting again. I love code. Anybody can point and click. (Well, not anybody. I've worked with some real illiterates in my time.) But when it comes to making sense out of the seemingly random numbers, letters, and symbols that make up programming languages, ah, now there's something!

Linux and I are going to become great friends.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.