Love and Kisses

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by truestory, Jan 10, 2000.

1. truestory Registered Senior Member

The story goes that some time ago, a man punished his 3-year-old daughter for wasting a roll of gold wrapping paper. Money was tight and he became infuriated when the child tried to decorate a box with the gold paper to put under the Christmas tree.
    "Do you know how expensive that gold paper is?! It's for your mother and I to use, not you! Do you understand me?!" the father exclaimed. "Yes, Daddy" said the little girl, looking down humbly.

The little girl brought the gift wrapped in the gold paper to her father the next morning and said, "This is for you, Daddy!" He was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, but his anger flared again when he found the box empty. He yelled at her, "Don't you know when you give someone a present, there's supposed to be something inside it?!!!"

The little girl looked up at him. With tears streaming out of her eyes and down her cheeks she said, "Oh, Daddy, it's not empty, I blew kisses into the box. All for
    you, Daddy." The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little girl, and he begged for her forgiveness.

It is told that the man kept that gold box by his bed for years and whenever he was discouraged, he would take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.

In a very real sense, each of us as humans, have been given a gold container filled with unconditional love and kisses from God. There is no more precious possession anyone could hold.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ISDAMan Thank You Jesus! Registered Senior Member

truestory,

That's so beautiful

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

!

Thank You Sister,
    ISDAMan

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Ditto...even an agnostic loves it!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. truestory Registered Senior Member

ISDAMan and tab'

I am glad that you enjoyed the story. I found it to be sad in a way but beautiful in the message of hope which it conveys concerning our relationship with God.

It made me reflect sadly upon how we, as human beings, can be selfish and put worldly things and temporary material concerns before the eternal and unconditional love of God.

It made me reflect sadly upon how we, as human beings, have a tendency to exclude God from sharing in our lives and how we have a tendency to get angry with God, who loves us the most.

It made me reflect sadly upon how we, as human beings, many times cannot bring ourselves to understand God's love and how this must hurt our most loving God.

It made me reflect sadly upon how we, as human beings, have a tendency to see God's most precious gift as "empty".

It made me reflect hopefully upon how we, as human beings, if we open our hearts and truly listen to our God, will feel God's unconditional love even though we might not be able to "see" it in a physical sense.

It made me reflect hopefully upon how we, as human beings, will repent and ask for God's forgiveness and embrace God's loving gift of salvation... it is not too late.

It made me reflect hopefully upon how we, as human beings, will find true and unconditional love, even in times of discouragement, by keeping God's most loving and precious gift of salvation through Jesus Christ with us always.

It is true that there is no more beautiful and precious possession than that of the gift of God's love.

Praise to the Lord, Jesus Christ!!! May we accept His most loving and precious gift and learn to love Him, ourselves and each other unconditionally!

8. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,

God's unconditional love? Oh yeah, love the sinner and hate the sin, right?

Well what is love?
    Doesn't 1 Corinthians 13 speak of love being
    PATIENT and KIND? Was God being this way when he flooded the earth? Not to mention other instances where he sent forth his judgement in such a kind and patient way.

It also mentions in this chapter that love
    protects. Was God protecting all the innocent children/babies when he flooded the earth?? I mean really?

9. truestory Registered Senior Member

Flash,

We've been down this road a number of times before. As you know, although the Bible is based on historical facts, I am cautious not to take everything in the Bible, particularly the Old Testament "literally".
    Many literary styles were used to convey God's divine message. The account of the patriarchs of history in the Bible need not be taken in the strict sense to understand that divine message. Nevertheless, certain matters recounted from the time of Abraham forward, including the flood, can be placed in the actual historical and social frameword of that part of the world in that era and documented by non-biblical sources. The same Bible which relates the history of the flood also relates the depravity of all mortals which dwelled on the earth at the time.

Since the story of the flood seems to trouble you so, I would suggest reading Genesis, chapters 5 through 9. Please note the "ages" of the individuals who inhabited the earth at that time and then tell me how many babies you think there were, please.

Thank you.

10. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    If there was only ONE child or baby killed as a result of this flood...would it make it any less of a tragic event? I think not!
    Does it lessen what God actually did????
    Heck no. It amazes me how christians will try to make excuses for the actions of God.
    Why must you make excuses?

11. truestory Registered Senior Member

So, Flash,

You don't believe in the Bible. You don't believe in God. Yet, you believe "literally" in the Biblical story of Noah's Ark. Except, you don't believe that, as the story goes, everyone who inhabited the earth at the time was far-gone in years, because you want to make God out to be a baby killer... Hmmm... I wonder who is teaching you that?!

12. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    Oh come on, TS... you actually believe there was not ONE child or baby alive at that time????? How convenient for you... otherwise, if you didn't look at it your way..you would have to ADMIT that God IS a
    baby killer. Truth hurts, huh?

[This message has been edited by Flash (edited January 12, 2000).]

13. truestory Registered Senior Member

Flash,

Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in the Bible?

Do you believe, literally, the Biblical story of Noah's Ark?

Do you believe that God gives life?

[This message has been edited by truestory (edited January 12, 2000).]

14. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    Doesn't matter what I believe... what matters is A LOT of people who are christians refuse to see God in any other light except loving. I am merely pointing out that just isn't so ACCORDING to the Bible.

15. truestory Registered Senior Member

Yes, Flash,

It most certainly does make a difference what you believe.

Most importantly for your own salvation, but also, to be able to debate in this forum in an intelligent and logical manner.

16. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    I do not need saving LOL but, in order to help you out here...I'll answer.

1) No, not really.. I do believe there are
    spirits which are lost and deceiving though..

2) To some degree I do but not in the same way you do

3) No

4) NO

17. truestory Registered Senior Member

Flash,

Thanks for your answers.

You say that you sort of believe in the Bible, but not the same way that I do...

Please explain? Thank you.

18. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    You're welcome (wow..could that be Flash being nice??? But how so..I mean she is driven by such an evil spirit

)

I do not believe the Bible is the inspired word of God. I believe some of the events took place... but not all..at least in the way it really happened.

19. truestory Registered Senior Member

Thanks again, Flash.

If I might recap, just so I get this straight... I'm not kidding, I really am trying to understand where your spirit is coming from:

1) You don't believe in God.

2) You believe that some historical facts of the Bible are true but, of course, you don't believe that it was inspired by God because you don't believe in God.

3) You don't believe, literally, in the story of Noah's Ark. You believe that probably a great flood happened but that it was not God who caused it because you don't believe in God.

4) You don't believe that God gave us life because you don't believe in God.

O.K. I can understand that thinking. What I cannot understand is... what is your purpose??? Why you have been stuck on calling God, who you don't even believe in, a "baby-killer?" based on a story in the Bible which you believe might be historically true but which you believe God had nothing to do with because you don't even believe in God.

Although you might believe that there was a great flood, it wasn't because God wanted to rid the earth due to the depravity of mankind, as the Bible states, but because it was just a natural flood... am I correct?

If so, why are you making such a big deal about this? What do you fear from a God that does not even supposedly exist in your mind? Why must you discredit this supposed non-existent God? How can you assert that the story in the Bible is not inspired by this non-existent God, while at the same time assert that this non-existent God caused the flood and the death of babies??? particularly, when the story tells us that those who inhabited the earth were all adults?

Again, Flash, what is your purpose (or, your spirit's purpose, I guess I should ask)?

If you, through this spirit, were to somehow manage to convince someone that God did not exist, then what? If your spirit somehow manages to convince someone what "not" to believe in, what then, if anything, is that person supposed to believe in according to your spirit?

20. Flash Registered Senior Member

They are suppose to believe in TRUTH, TS.
    I do not expect you to understand..but, it angers me that Jesus can get by with the things he has...

21. truestory Registered Senior Member

Define truth please?

22. Flash Registered Senior Member

the way things really ARE...
    spiritual reality for one

23. truestory Registered Senior Member

And how ARE things, really?