Lsd

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by laladopi, Dec 16, 2008.

1. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

It's very very similar to a whippet. And the swirlies you are talking about are very similar to the different colors you would see swirling around in the air when you are tripping.
    And this didn't start but maybe two, 2.5 years ago, LONG after I started smoking weed (I don't smoke anything else and never have), and about 2 years after I stopped doing anything hard.

Haha...that's kinda how I found out about it. I was standing up and did it and it was starting to feel really good. The next thing I know I was waking up in the floor, the chair I was holding onto when I stretched was on its side, and I had a pump knot on my head. I quickly realized that I had passed out, took the chair with me on my way down, and hit my head on the arm of the futon. Now since I know what happens, I'm either usually sitting down when I do it, or if I'm standing, close enough to where I can sit down if I need to. Trust me, I've given this plenty of thought.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Well basically Cannabis effects the same receptors in the brain as LSD, however LSD is more likely to generate a damaging effect where it makes you more prone to "Flashbacks" should a mild induction of a similar effecting substance (in this case Cannabis) is used. Simply put you're effects from smoking pot will be a lot different than when you first started, more subconscious rather than sensation.

I wouldn't suggest doing High levels of pot though or there is a potential for a worse type of damage. I'm not saying this to put a "downer" on your recreational activity (or anyone else's for that matter) however over usage of pot through pipes, Bongs or other assorted tools/methods will likely cause extremely bizarre side effects that can eventually amount to one of the many forms of Schizophrenia.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

If you're going to set the bar for defining addiction that low then it's fair to say most things in life are addictive. Feelings, foods, chemicals, experiences, video games, music. I find that definition too broad to be meaningful.

I wouldn't call a psychological addiction as powerful as a physical addiction. People who are psychologically addicted to something can't quit because they don't want to, people who are physically addicted can't quit even if they want to. That's a big difference. One takes a choice to break, the other takes a lot of determination and support.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

Most people believe things to the level they know, if you haven't actually been on that level would you be able to make a correct statement, and drugs is one of them.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

OK, where do you get your "research" material from then? :shrug:

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Wouldn't going to school also be useful to get to other "levels" as well? You can educate yourself to attain a much higher degree of understanding with education much better than taking drugs.

10. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

medical books, erowid.com, doctors, experience, school, d.a.r.e etc. my boyfriend.

11. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

What is your definition of taking drugs?
    Because you do know that there are people out there that do partake every now and then who still lead productive lives.
    Then you have the people who totally abuse drugs, by perpetually staying high to avoid sobriety or to get away from their problems.

The first group doesn't apply to your statement, as they can still have lucrative careers and/or take classes. I smoke weed almost everyday, yet I still do damn well at my job.

Oh, and in case you didn't know, alcohol is a drug too. Lots of people drink and still go to school successfully.

12. John99 Banned Banned

mike, can you accept that (nevermind)

13. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

Yes, of course. Knowledge is always good, I do not attain high degrees of knowledge by doing drugs, you are under the wrong impression.
    Simply stating, that the contrast between both worlds can be applied to one's thoughts

14. Fathoms Banned Banned

The propogation of fear and ignorance towards the whole phenomena of "drugs" occurs precisely because we lack an intelligent vocabulary to discuss the issue. Our entire society (indeed every society) is, without even realizing it, medicated on drugs that that reinforce the cultural values that are inculcated from it's historical momentum via the dominant political, social, and business ideologies it produces. Look no further than the annual casualty records of culturally sanctioned tobacco and alchohal use, the burgeoning perscription drug industry, the ubiquity of the caffeine stimulant in the home school and workplace, painkillers such as advil which have massive accidental casualty rates when compared to something like weed which is impossible to overdose on, and the undeniably narcotizing effects of television and computer addiction, an epidemic of systemic proportion, and mind viruses like inherent mistrust and repulsion from things that are unfamiliar. Attitudes like "drugs are bad" or "just say no" are maladaptive in light of taking this broader perspective of what it means to be a modern day human being in a society where stimulation and stupefication are a part of the daily ritual.

One of the hardest addictions to overcome is unwavering, dogmatic patterns of thinking about phenomena which is actually very complex with no clear diliniation seperating what is "good" and what is "bad". Thinking of them strictly as a malignant recreational activity and not making any distinction between natural, synthetic, theraputic, and recreational catagories is to impede social progress at the peril of future generations.

I know for me taking the magic mushrooms was the most beautiful thing I ever did for myself. The experience was an invaluable tool for annhaliating years of aquired mental toxicity, much of which I wan't even aware I had, that had robbed my life of all it's vitality. This is greatly due to the entheogen itself but another large part of it was cultivating a healthy, educated, respectful attitude towards it whereby I knew that I wasn't taking it for any of the wrong reasons. I didn't ingest them to get "f'd up", I did it in the interest of challanging myself, and the result was a transformative experience which no other avenues of boundry trancending exploration have ever come within a stellar parsec of touching(such as lucid dreaming and meditation) and that I had been convinced was simply not possible. As a philosophical tool for understanding the nature of mystical experience, re-awakening the aura of mystery that permeates reality, and overcoming the habitual ego's addiction to itself and it's dogmas the content of the experience is simply unparralleled.

Part of the reason a lot of people do get themselves into trouble with this stuff is because society has no intelligent dialogue about drugs. The placebo effect applies to all drugs and all things involving mental capitulation, so unhealthy attitudes (people doing the wrong ones or doing the right ones but for the wrong reasons) need to be irradicated through the forum of a more well-rounded discussion. Can closed-mindedness be defined as anything other than a repulsive, unthinking attitude towards alterenate states of consciousness?

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions, but it is not paved with clarity"
    -Terence Mckenna

15. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

www.Erowid.org

LSD is too synthetic to be of any use.

I suggest DMT or Mescaline, which come from plants rather than a laboratory.

DMT is already in your brain, if you can meditate yourself into dream sleep so you are awake (takes practice) you can enter your subconscious and activate your pineal gland. Just utilize what you already have....

16. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Try Licit and Illicit Drugs: The Consumers Union Report on Narcotics, Stimulants, Depressants, Inhalants, Hallucinogens, and Marijuana--Including Caffeine, Nicotine, and Alcohol. Thirty years later it's still the bible on the subject, because the unconstitutional War on Drugs has discouraged non-governmental research and nobody in their right mind looks for important information from the government who told us about the WMDs in Iraq. It won't tell you about the latest alphabet-soup drugs that didn't exist yet, but for any drug that was around in the Flower Power era, it's got all the info. Its out of print. (Consumers Union no longer has the balls to keep a high profile on this topic.) But it's easy to find a used copy.

17. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Here's a link to the entire book online:

http://www.druglibrary.org/Schaffer/LIBRARY/studies/cu/cumenu.htm

18. CatherineW Registered Senior Member

But LSD isn't dumb even though so many people have died from it because they thought they could fly and jumped out of a window?

I don't understand your logic.

19. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Can you find one news article about a person on LSD who jumped out of a window?

20. CatherineW Registered Senior Member

21. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

LSD, does not rid of logic and senses, that's a bunch of bullshit.

Also there are so many variables that need to be accounted for your your statement to be so specific.

22. CatherineW Registered Senior Member

23. CatherineW Registered Senior Member

Ah so your senses are completely on the ball when you're tripping your face off?

"Its unusual psychological effects, which include visuals of colored patterns behind the eyes"

Quoted straight from wikipedia.

That's one sense that's been "rid" because of LSD

"LSD causes expansion and an altered experience of senses, emotions, memories, time, and awareness for 6 to 14 hours, depending on dosage and tolerance. Generally beginning within thirty to ninety minutes after ingestion, the user may experience anything from subtle changes in perception to overwhelming cognitive shifts."

Wikipedia apparently doesn't agree with you.