Lucid Dreaming anyone?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by moementum7, Apr 2, 2008.

1. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

Wondering if anyone else has considered taking up the the experience of Lucid Dreaming.
    I have just started myself and thought it might be fun to start with someone else and to keep tabs and progress.

Anyone interested?

I have had lucid dreams before (3-4) really good ones where I knew I was dreaming but acted on very basic desires with my new found powers such as sex, demonstrations of strength, and acts of rebelliousness.

However now my motives are to seek greater experiences such as travelling to other planets and heading off into space, contacting other beings, etc and other experiences related to spiritual growth.

I am also interested in learning to have OBE's (Outer Body Experiences).

Anyways...yeah.
    If anyone else wants to begin that would be awesome.
    If not I will keep a small journal of my progress.

I have gotten myself a journal to write down my dreams first thing in the morning and gotten a book that I am currently reading called "Adventures Beyond the Body".

Take care.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kazakhan Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

I've always been fascinated by space travel and yet annoyed that i never had dreams of being in space at least until recently. In the start of the dream i was looking down on a small spherical space ship (pod) with earth in the background. The pod was a single seat and half of it was glass basically an arm chair with a glass dome. As i studied the inside of the pod i suddenly found myself sitting in it and fully lucid. I could see some land mass right between my legs but i didn't have time to work out exactly what i was looking at as much to my shame & embarrassment i panicked. I turned around to climb over the back of seat i then remembered the size of the pod, the anxiety got so great i woke up

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

That was a few weeks ago and was the 1st time i can remember becoming lucid in a dream for at least 10 years. I'll be interested to know how you go.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

Sounds like an amazing and exciting experience.
    I wish you would pursue this actively with me just cause it seems like it would be fun....but ahhh.

Thanks for sharing,...very cool.

Ok, so my first bumble...I did not write down my dreams first thing this morning.
    Got up, made my greens drink, fed the cats and made some coffee, then proceeded here...so close and will have to do but I must learn to recall my dreams first thing in the morning as soon as I wake up, as I can not grasp any dreams I had at all now.
    Dang it

Going to read more on the subject and begin practicing meditation again today.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ang2223 Registered Member

I have done some dream journaling and what i found most helpful was just to plant a seed in my head to wake up right after a dream and write it down.. this worked as long as i was getting a reasonable amount of sleep. I would do 7 nights without looking in journal and then go back and see what i had written. I would also suggest that if you normally "write" that you also tell yourself to "print" as in my case anyway the "printing" was much easier to read!!

Good luck

8. draqon Banned Banned

yeah happens with me as well...in addition for seeing future events. It is so tiring, the lucid dreaming.

9. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

Thanks people

I have still not been able to have a good lucid dream.
    I have come close a couple times.
    I realize I'm dreaming but instantly phase back out just as fast.