Lytro camera, a completely new camera design

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Syzygys, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDyRSYGcFVM&feature=player_embedded#at=109

On the outside, the Lytro looks different--a smooth, two-tone elongated box 4.4 inches long and 1.6 inches square. At one end is the lens and at the other is an LCD touch-screen display; along the sides are power and shutter buttons, a USB port, and a touch-sensitive strip to move the F2 lens through its 8X zoom range.

There are three models--the $399 cameras with "electric blue" and "graphite" exteriors whose 8GB of built-in memory is enough for about 350 shots and the "red hot," 16GB camera that can record 750 shots. They'll go on sale, through Lytro's Web site only, in the first quarter of 2012,

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. herbbread Registered Member

Very cool. That light field technology is interesting: it lets you focus on any part of the photo after the photo has already been taken. From what I could read on their website, it looks like a light field contains information about both intensity and direction of incoming light? I don't know my optics very well, but does having magnitude + direction let you do this? Does anyone else know more about how the technology work?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.