Magical Realists Magical Reality

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Magical Realist, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Did you know there are ways to photoshop meteors, stars, explosions, ufos, buildings, backgrounds, people, animals, etc.? Therefore all photos of such must be photoshopped right? Nope...doesn't follow at all. Just because something CAN be faked says nothing about whether it was or not. You need actual evidence for that. But you haven't provided it beyond some subjective ideas about what a proper ghost SHOULD look like in a photo. We have no idea about that. But from the abundance of photos like these it appears they can merge with other objects in the photo. Makes sense if they are immaterial beings, eh?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

And there is no evidence that they are ghosts. But there is a lot of evidence of manipulation and multiple exposure.

You need to eliminate those first before you can claim they are ghosts in the images. And you have yet to do that.

I am not the one claiming they are ghosts. You are. So you will need to prove that they are in fact ghosts. I have provided you with the various and numerous means that one can insert ghostly images and apparitions into photos and film. Which do indicate that the photos you claim are ghosts are not in fact ghosts, but are in fact photoshopped and altered images.

You haven't provided anything to actually convince me otherwise. Programs like Gimp, photoshop, even Paint, enable people to alter images. It is very very easy. And now with phone apps that allows people to manipulate the photos they take with their phones so easily, I suspect we will see even more ghostly apparitions in photos.

Telling me to have them professionally analysed is silly, considering I would need the originals to do so. You are making extraordinary claims that these are ghosts in those images, and you need to support that and explain how and why they are not doctored, contrary to all the evidence that they are in fact either doctored or multiple exposure images. I went through each one and did so. You are yet to do the same.

I mean honestly MR, some of the photos you provided have the ghosts appearing in black and white in a colour image. That kind of screams doctored image.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

How many times?

YOU are claiming ghosts so YOU need to provide evidence to support those claims.

Extraordinary evidence.

A photo just isn't good enough.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

We know they are ghosts from the background stories. The old man behind the old lady IS her dead husband. The little boy between the pant legs of the girls was already scaring the little girl. And the boy on the farm had been SEEN by the farmer himself. So on and so on. Solid confirmations of ghosts. But these just barely scratch the surface. Stand by for more, including many from before the age of photoshop.

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

"Mrs. Mabel Chinnery was visiting the grave of her mother one day in 1959. She had brought along her camera to take photographs of the grave site. After snapping a few shots of her mother's gravestone, she took an impromptu photo of her husband, who was waiting alone in the car. At least the Chinnerys' thought he was alone.
    When the film was developed, the couple was more than surprised to see a figure wearing glasses sitting in the back seat of the car. Mrs. Chinnery immediately recognized the image of her mother – the woman whose grave they had visited on that day. A photographic expert who examined the print determined that the image of the woman was neither a reflection nor a double exposure. "I stake my reputation on the fact that the picture is genuine," he testified."

"Sunnyvale's Toys R Us houses more than playthings. Built in 1970 over an 1800s apple orchard once owned by John Murphy, the store is said to be haunted. The Toys R Us ghost - Johnny Johnson - haunts aisle 15C, other back aisles and the women's restroom.Johnson was a wood-chopper at John Murphy's farm where he fell in love with the farmer's daughter. His axe missed the wood one day, cut his leg, and he bled to death. He now roams the back aisles of Toys R Us seeking his love Elizabeth Yuba Murphy Tafee. Women report feeling their hair brushed when no one is behind them, faucets turn on and off in the women's restroom and boxes fly off the shelves unaided. Rag dolls and toy trucks leap off shelves. Balls bounce down the aisles. Children's books fall out of racks. Baby swings move on their own. The folks at Toys R Us say that they've tried to explain it logically but can't. Psychic Sylvia Brown conducted a seance here, bringing with her a a photographer and others to record any appearances. An infrared photograph taken during the seance shows a man leaning on a wall with his hands jammed in his pockets, an image which did not appear on a photograph taken simultaneously with high-speed film."

"In 1996, Ike Clanton thought it would be a pretty cool idea to deck himself out in cowboy attire and have his friend snap a picture of him while he stood in Boothill Graveyard in the famous Tombstone, Arizona. Upon examining the picture Clanton noticed a man in the background of the photo that was not there when the photograph was taken. Clanton was intrigued by this and set out to recreate the photo with a friend standing in the background and discovered it was impossible to recreate the picture without having the legs visible."

"This photo was taken on November 16, 1968 when Robert A. F
    erguson, author of Psychic Telemetry: New Key to Health, Wealth, and Perfect Living, was giving a speech at a Spiritualist convention in Los Angeles, California. Faintly appearing next to Ferguson is a figure that he later identified as his brother, Walter, who died in 1944 during World War II. At first glance, this might seem to be a double exposure or some kind of darkroom trickery, but this photo is a Polaroid (one of several taken of Ferguson at the time), making any kind of hoaxing quite unlikely."

The ghost of Lady Dorothy Townshend:

“Captain Provand took one photograph while I flashed the light. He was focusing for another exposure; I was standing by his side just behind the camera with the flashlight pistol in my hand, looking directly up the staircase. All at once I detected an ethereal veiled form coming slowly down the stairs. Rather excitedly, I called out sharply: ‘Quick, quick, there’s something.’ I pressed the trigger of the flashlight pistol. After the flash and on closing the shutter, Captain Provand removed the focusing cloth from his head and turning to me said: ‘What’s all the excitement about?'”

He saw her again a week later and described her as wearing a brown satin dress, her skin glowing with a pale luminescence. It also seemed to him that her eyes had been gouged out."

- See more at: http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphys...t-photobombs-ever-taken/#sthash.VU6oFxI8.dpuf

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Solid confirmation of ghosts?

C'mon MR people, normal people are not taken in these continued delusions by yourself.
    Solid proof of confirmation bias on your part most certainly.
    And the many logical reasons why it is nothing more than myth at post 6

10. Bells Staff Member

How do you know?

How do you know it wasn't photoshopped into it? How do you explain the fact that the little patch of sky and light surrounding the man does not match up with the sky and light in the rest of the image? Do ghosts walk around with their own background? How do you explain the fact that the man's image appears to be a very grainy and old photo of him?

You have no actual proof of this. You are also unable to explain how and why the bottom of the image appears to have been manipulated so much and why the boy's face is in black and white?

No proof of this. Nor are you able to explain how and why the shadows in that image do not match anything at all and why the buildings and the poll appear to be bending and curving.

Umm.. You are aware that you can scan images into computers and manipulate them, yes?

And I am sure we are going to see a plethora of them, because there are computer programs, apps that allow people to do this so easily, not to mention many many video guides that give step by step instructions.

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Was she in her Sunday best?

Or what they buried her in?

What is the latest in ghost fashions these days?

12. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Instead of wasting everyone's time (including your own) dredging up pictures of "ghosts", why not take some time to learn how science works? Learn WHY photos and eyewitness testimony is unreliable and why science doesn't believe in ghosts instead of just screaming "Conspiracy! Cowards!" and so on.

So far all you've been doing is plugging your ears and stamping your feet when the mean old scientists don't take your crap at face value.

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Except that as I showed you already more people believe in ghosts than not. Remember that? So your argument ad populum won't work here.

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You're losing it dude. Go get yourself a beer, walk around outside, breathe deeply, and repeat to yourself slowly, "There's no such things as ghost. There's no such things as ghosts".

15. Bells Staff Member

What's weirder is that the face in the back seat looks exactly like the face in the front seat.

16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Only if you all can handle it. I mean, I really wouldn't want anyone here to have a nervous breakdown over some little old ghost photos. So what happens if there's ghosts?

17. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Maybe you should try that. You might learn something.

18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

There is no difference in the sky surrounding the man. And the image is a ghost. How do expect a ghost to appear? As clear and resolved as a real person? No..ghosts typically appear pale/white, sometimes transparent, and usually fuzzy along their outlines. If that's a photo otoh, it is certainly not one worth keeping.

Here's the full story behind that photo with comparisons with the dead husband:

"This photo was received from Denise Russell. "The lady in the color photo is my granny," she says. "She lived on her own until age 94, when her mind started to weaken and had to be moved to an assisted living home for her own safety. At the end of the first week, there was a picnic for the residents and their families. My mother and sister attended. My sister took two pictures that day, and this is one of them. It was taken on Sunday, 8/17/97, and we think the man behind her is my grandpa who passed away on Sunday, 8/14/84.

We did not notice the man in the picture until Christmas Day, 2000 (granny had since passed away), while browsing through some loose family photos at my parents' house. My sister thought it was such a nice picture of granny that she even made a copy for mom, but still, nobody noticed the man behind her for over three years! When I arrived at my parents' house that Christmas day, my sister handed me the picture and said, "Who do you think this man behind granny looks like?" It took a few seconds for it to sink in. I was absolutely speechless. The black and white photos show that it really looks like him."

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

At this point, I suggest we treat Magical Realist exactly the same as we did Victor Esperenza, since they are about on the same level - they have come here convinced they are onto something new and incredible and no amount of actual fact nor evidence nor explanation will dissuade him from this folly.

Thus, I propose we leave him alone to his fantasy

20. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

New? Hardly. These photos are well known all over the internet and are some the best confirmed pics ever taken. I wouldn't just post anything thing here afterall. I have my standards too. I post the best of the best here, not fakes or questionable photos that can be easily handwaved away. Something Bell presumed she could do.

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So , in essence, you simply have a problem with anyone in a position of authority, as well as anyone who points out the flaws in your reasoning

BTW - Found an interesting ghost picture... I swear it's real!

I even saw a party of ghosts... i took a picture for you!

22. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I don't believe that for one minute.

http://canterburyatheists.blogspot.com.au/2010/08/10-reasons-why-ghosts-dont-exist.html

10 Reasons Why Ghosts Don’t Exist.

Only the gullible and those that have mandates to substantiate the after-life believe in ghosts and the paranormal.

Ghosts are simply wishful thinking and a convenient excuse for explaining ‘what goes bump in the night.’

Proving ghosts are a man-made psychosis is in-fact very simple.

1.) Ghosts come in one form – that just happens to be human - which is conveniently what we bipedal-chimps want to see, and not say a dead cow hovering at the end of ones bed. Have you ever heard of the legend of oceans being haunted by ghostly plankton?

2.) Ghosts just happen to be nocturnal, preferring night-time to ‘do their thing’. So when you die you suddenly become adverse to daylight – right?

3.) Like the popular bug-eyed Aliens, modern ghosts are all stereotypical, with the same looks and characteristics. The standard ghost or spectre in China is that of a Chinaman. The standard ghost in an Inuit community resembles the locals and not a six foot six black-man.

4.) Purportedly ghosts have the ‘magical’ capabilities to travel through walls, levitate etc. Powers they didn’t have when they were alive. They move objects all the time – but never get behind the wheels of a car and drive, type a letter on a computer or light-up a Bensons and Hedges. When it comes to interacting with humans all ghosts want to do is scare the shit out of the living in the dead of night or flash their tits at us in photos. Aimless activity, no-one has been able to detect with any surety.

5.) Ghosts are allergic to large crowds. ‘The Ghost of Super Bowl’ or ‘The Ghost of F.A Cup’ – I don’t think so.

6.) Ghosts love hotels and pubs. When you die you head immediately to ‘your local’ for a pint. How else could you explain the disproportionately high number of pubs that are haunted? And it’s always old pubs that act as magnets to the living dead, rather than a Five Star Hilton.

7.) If you can walk through walls why don’t you simply drop through the floor as well?

8.) Why aren’t all ghosts totally naked?

9.) Seeing that potentially we living-humans share the planet with 60 billion spirits, comprising all of humanities dead – where do these hordes of living-dead spend their time? I mean where do they live? Caves? The bottom of the ocean? The stratosphere? Six to a house?

10.) Last but not least – there is not a shred of evidence

23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Nice artwork..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.