Magical Realists Magical Reality

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Magical Realist, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Background evidence and proof Bigfoot is a Bigfraud:

ENDANGERED SPECIES
    10 Reasons Why Bigfoot's a Bust

The Empty Fossil Record:

When two Georgia men declared they were storing the body of Bigfoot in a freezer -- and that they had its DNA -- more than a few skeptics cried foul.

Is the legend of Bigfoot (a.k.a. Sasquatch) little more than a stubborn myth? For the dirt on the doubters, Discovery News contacted Benjamin Radford, deputy editor of Skeptical Inquirer magazine, who was more than happy to rattle off the top 10 reasons Bigfoot is bogus.

New Bigfoot Claim, Old Bigfoot Hoaxer

First on his list: the fossil record. Why, he asked, would a legacy of large mammals reported to exist throughout North America (and beyond) simply disappear from the same soil that has preserved everything from the dinosaur bones pictured here, to woolly mammoths, to tiny marine crustaceans?

"There's no fossil record of anything fitting the description" of Bigfoot, said Radford. "There's simply nothing there."

Putting aside paleontology, Radford points out that today, if Bigfoot exists, it must disappear when it dies. "There's no hard evidence in the form of bones. There are no hair samples, there are no live or dead specimens," he said.

VIDEO: Did They Really Find Bigfoot DNA?

Bigfoot believers argue that the soil in areas where the creatures live -- such as the region surrounding Bellingham, Wash., seen here -- is acidic and quickly breaks down the bones. Nonsense, says Radford: "There's nothing to that, because Bigfoot has been reported in every state but Hawaii."

Even for mammals that are relatively rare in global terms, such as the chimpanzee, it takes a decent population size to maintain a species. "If Bigfoot is a zoological reality," said Radford, "there has to be a breeding population."

Yeti Might Be Descendant of Ancient Polar Bear

For that population to be big enough to account for even a fraction of the sightings, there would need to be tens of thousands of the creatures in North America alone. "Think about that for a second. Tens of thousands of Bigfoot, living, breathing, doing what they do. Where are they? Why don't they get hit by a car?" asked Bradford. "The numbers just simply don't add up."

This black-and-white image was taken in 1977 by a man named Frank White, near Bellingham, Wash. "I'd call it a North American ape," White told reporters at the time. "You can call it a Sasquatch or anything you like."

Radford calls it a Blobsquatch. Aside from eyewitness reports, blurry images like this are what most Bigfoot believers rely on.

Did Cavities Kill Earth's Largest Ape?

But it's no proof, said Radford: "These photos show something that is probably alive, it's probably dark, it's not a cat, it's not a camel. It could be a Bigfoot, or it could be a deer or it could be a guy in a suit."

"Ultimately," he concludes, "it's a two-dimensional image. It's pixels."

even more at the link....
    http://news.discovery.com/animals/endangered-species/10-reasons-why-bigfoots-a-bust-140526.htm

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I'm not parading images around of unicorns as evidence of unicorns. That IS what we are talking about isn't it?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The following is background proof that reported Alien visitations are false

Ten Alien Encounters Debunked

As a longtime investigator of unusual phenomena, I have no doubt that UFOs exist. UFOs, are, of course, Unidentified Flying Objects, and "unidentified" simply means that what the eyewitness saw was not immediately recognized by that person, at that time, under those circumstances. There are many things in the skies that the average person may not be able to identify from a quick look but that a pilot, a meteorologist, or an astronomer might instantly recognize. There are also seemingly unusual experiences that most people may not understand but that a psychologist can explain.

With alien encounters, we find that often an explanation lies not necessarily in the skies but in our minds. Humans are pattern-seeking creatures, and our brains try desperately to make sense of things we don’t immediately recognize. Often we are correct in our assessments of what we see and experience, but many times we simply misperceive, misunderstand, or misremember.

Those who claim to encounter aliens and see UFOs are sometimes ridiculed as crazy, but in fact we are all hardwired with the same fallible brains. While some people seek out the skeptical or scientific explanations, others decide that since they can’t explain something, no one else can either, and therefore that experience is mysterious or inexplicable.

So with that, here are 10 alleged alien encounters—those brushes with aliens (or supposed aliens) that have been definitively debunked over the years.

-- Benjamin Radford

Benjamin Radford is a writer and the managing editor of Skeptical Inquirer science magazine; he is also author or coauthor of three books, including Hoaxes, Myths, and Manias: Why We Need Critical Thinking.
    http://www.space.com/9704-ten-alien-encounters-debunked.html

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

You know exactly what we're talking about. How else can you work so hard to ignore the point?

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You're claiming these photos as evidence of unicorns aren't you? Yes or no?

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I have just in three posts showed that your past claims re ghosts, Bigfoot, and Alien UFOs are totally false. And there is much much more that shows your efforts to try and get reasonable people to accept your claims is tantamount to fraud.

10. Bells Staff Member

No you don't. Your last ghost thread, you posted a stack of images with no link or information about the images themselves. And then you cried foul when those images were analysed and claimed it was all lies and the images were real.

This is probably why you don't see any warnings about your bans or behaviour.

Also..

Yet in what appears to be a genuine world exclusive, the inimitable Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) has now broken the incredible news that archaeologists in Pyongyang have discovered a unicorn's lair.

Or rather, the report says that they have "recently reconfirmed" the lair of one of the unicorns ridden by the ancient Korean King Tongmyong, founder of a kingdom which ruled parts of China and the Korean peninsula from the the 3rd century BC to 7th century AD.

The KCNA goes on to state that the location happens to be 200 metres from a temple in the North Korean capital, adding: "A rectangular rock carved with words "Unicorn Lair" stands in front of the lair."

"The carved words are believed to date back to the period of Koryo Kingdom (918-1392)," says the report.

Archaeologists from the Academy of Social Sciences at North Korea's History Institute were credited with making the discovery.

By your standards of "evidence" that you expect everyone to adhere to and believe when you post images of ghosts, bigfoot and unicorns, this means unicorns are real. For further measure, here is the actual media release from North Korea.

But you do with ghosts, poltergeists, UFO's and Bigfoot.

Look at what you did with ghosts, as one example: http://www.sciforums.com/threads/magical-realists-magical-reality.149729/

So why do you think it is okay for you to do it, but not for others? This is what is called a double standard.

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Kittamaru is the only mod who twists the rules and goes out of his way to ban me. It's happened about 10 times in a row. Who else would it be? No other mod uses such vague loopholes like intellectual dishonesty, trolling, plagiarizing, and supporting evidence to infract members here. This is all Kittamaru's circus. You know it. I know it. James knows it. And other posters who watch this shit know it as well.

As for not receiving PM's and alerts for infractions, I'm saying it one last time: I do not get them AT all. You can't even access your PM's and alerts once your banned. I suggest bringing it up in your next backroom meeting, when you aren't too busy modifying the rules to ensure the future banning of valued members.

12. Bells Staff Member

So you are claiming that the numerous times you received just warnings, not bans, but just infractions warning you of your behaviour, you never received those PM's?

Everyone else gets a PM with an infraction. It is system generated. You are claiming you are the only person who does not.

I would suggest you contact the admin and inform them that you are not getting the system generated PM's. They can look at the PM's you received and see what is going wrong with your account here.

Because I can assure you with 100% certainty, those PM's go out each time we issue an infraction. And yes, even when the system counts the total of active points and bans you automatically, you get an infraction then too.

You won't have a problem with the admin looking at if you have received any system generated PM's, right? And if as you say you don't ever get them, then they can sort out why you aren't.

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Keep up with the thread dearie. I provide background stories for my images. The unicorn images? No background data at all. Hence it isn't evidence of anything more than people posting images of unicorns on the internet.

14. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Why do you think the background stories for YOUR stuff isn't just made up?

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

What did I say?

Obviously not since I'd be part of everyone. Do you have some evidence to support your claim that PM's get sent to everybody for infractions?

James asks me everytime if I was notified of my infraction and I tell him every time no. So he knows about it.

Nope. Doesn't happen.

It's been addressed over and over, and ignored over and over. I take it in stride at this point as part of how you people operate here.

16. Bells Staff Member

No you didn't. You didn't even provide links to most of the images you were posting.

17. Bells Staff Member

Yes I do have evidence in my PM box.

And no, I will not provide or quote them here, since PM's between members and moderators are private. The one I showed you before was one sent to another member, with all of their information removed of course.

However I will PM the owners of this site and they do have the ability to go through your account to check why you are not receiving any of the system generated PM's that come with all warnings and infractions issued and they can see what is going on with your account.

You haven't answered if you want this to happen yet? James cannot access your PM's or your account this way, as this is software based. Would you like me to inform the owners and those who manage the software so they should be able check your PM account? A simple yes or no will suffice.

18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Yes..and while they're at it confirm the legitimacy of those infractions as well. I know the plagiarism infraction was false. The intellectual dishonesty ones too. As far as insults and trolling? Well we know everyone does that here. It's just how effective you are it that gets it turned into an infractionable offense.

19. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Whether or not I personally believe them is irrelevant.

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So you are refusing to change your double standard? No problem - next time you are issued an infraction for it, you cannot cry that you "didn't know".

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

No, you are parading (poor quality) images around of ghosts as evidence of ghosts... and claim that is enough to show they are real.
    You are parading (poor quality) images around of UFO's as evidence of aliens... and claim that is enough to show they are real.
    You are parading (poor quality) images around of a brown blurry thing as evidence of Bigfoot... and claim that is enough to show they are real.

Yet, when I show good quality, close up images (and VIDEO) of a Unicorn... you claim it is not enough to show they are real.

Again, your double standard is showing...

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

That is an interesting, and damn good, point...

Tell us, MR - how DO you know I am the one issuing the infraction if you are not receiving any notification of said infraction?

23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Intellectual dishonesty at it's finest..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.