Man Made Island Literally

Discussion in 'Architecture & Engineering' started by X-Man2, Jun 21, 2012.

1. X-Man2 We're under no illusions. Registered Senior Member

I was intrigued with this Mans "Man Made Island" The Man collected{still is} plastic bottles to float his lsland and has plans to go much bigger. Instead of throwing out all those plastic bottles that are filling up our landfills you could have your very own floating island too.Much cheaper!

http://www.wimp.com/buildsisland/

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

So where does he throw away his trash? Where does his sewage float off to? It would seem that one good storm would just break everything up seeing that the bottles are just thrown into a rope tied container. While it is a unusual structure it isn't very habitable but could be used as a party type of place to dock beside your home then move it away to be used somewhere else. Looks like he can't move it very easily nor is it very steerable. I would think taking those bottles to a recycle station would be better for they won't hold together very long then they will just all break away and cause more pollution.:shrug:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. X-Man2 We're under no illusions. Registered Senior Member

The whole thing must be built well cause the video stated it survived 2 big storms and suffered no damage.Not sure about bottles breaking away as nothing was mentioned about that.However though with the Man planning to enlarge the Island by quite a size I would think it must be low maintenance.To each their own huh.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

Interesting to say the least. An I wonder how someone like that would be able to afford things they need.