Marijuana has NO medical purposes and should be classified like heroin

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by cosmictraveler, Jul 11, 2011.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Odd that the state doesn't know about costs because they bust people before and knew what costs were in the black market. This is another reason I wasn't for legalizing it, the cost, for anything with a higher cost than you can buy on the black market you wouldn't buy. The states are always going to be greedy and with that comes more black market pot for those who want it cheaper will buy it from that source.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Pot brownies weren't the norm but only a comical way that very few people were doing back then.

If those selling pot aren't paying taxes or having a licence to sell pot then they are the ones selling it illegally but if a used is found with pot how do the police know which pot they have, ask for a sales receipt?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

yeah, i re-read it today. i was wrong.

Seattle likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

so are hops and grains and makeshift stills. did you know how deadly alcohol is when oxidation is not properly done. why do you think moonshine is illegal.
    and yet alcohol and brewing is still legal under regulations and laws.
    does alcohol not have different proofs ? some being 90 something percent.over the counter.
    actually there is it's based of points in the system. but the downfall is you need a controlled measurement first. look into it.
    correct alcohol has more of an intense effect for some individuals, just like how you are constantly claiming about individuals and marijuana.
    and yet, there are still thousands of alcohol related deaths every month.
    yzarc huh.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  8. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

of course cost is/was known. it has been said that the exceedingly high tax rates was designed to discourage individuals from buying it. it may have worked. which in turn did what is referred to as "backfired ". it helps to keep it within the street drug dealers *. maybe by design ? who actually knows.

* what's the difference, doctors are no different than drug dealers these days.

9. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

except it was a norm.also, what's the comical aspect ?
    true, but what about anything that is sold on a private bases. like my T.V example. " what's the difference from buying a t.v from a store and paying taxes on it. or buying it from some individual without paying taxes ? " .
    on a recreation base they don't. they have a chance with medical, because of the prescription. but even they still can buy from the streets. but also at that point the police officer may not care where it came from. they maybe more focused on why they are there to begin with. but maybe not. but also, thats similar to how does the cop know i bought my beer at the store or from a friend, ask for a receipt * ?
    * a regular six pack of budweiser.not moonshine.

10. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

leopold, cosmic traveler,
    this is not perfect. it takes time to improve. but there is great potential there. it's proven , over and over, to be massively less harmful than alcohol. medically beneficial in alot of aspects, unlike alcohol, that is medically and physically harmful across the board.

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Well it might have been the norm where you lived but where I lived we never made brownies of pot. Usually they just light up and pass it around or use a bong. I'm saying they didn't make brownies but saying the majority of those people I knew never did. The comical aspect was when students brought in brownies to the teacher and the teacher never knew what they were having which made for some comical things happening to those teachers why ate them.

12. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

exactly, you are speaking from a secluded viewpoint. expand. making comments with a limited viewpoint is not a well stance.
    did this happen where you are at, since you said " where I lived we never made brownies of pot.[..]I'm saying they didn't make brownies but saying the majority of those people I knew never did. " [which seems to be contradicting] or did it happen in the U.S. ?
    but you also have shown your limited access and knowledge, so how would you know this happened. i'm not saying it did not happen, i'm just wondering where it came from.

13. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

leopold and cosmic traveler,
    you might find it interesting to look into the history of marijuana and U.S. you will find that it was made illegal only due to racism, nothing more. then you will find how the U.S blackmailed other countries into making it illegal.they also advised to make smear campaigns to discourage people from using it.
    then you will find how big tobacco, big alcohol and big pharma are the main reasons why it's still in the sages it's in. they realized how much market share they will lose. it's referred to as lobbying.

edit-
    i also want to make it clear that, i'm not trying to convince both, i'm just making sure any lingering readers understand the reality.

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

They didn't make pot brownies where I lived that I knew about but there were people in the news that did make them and gave them to teachers or so I read. Just because I didn't know of anyone making brownies that doesn't mean that there were none being made by others somewhere else.

15. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

i just seen this, reagrding the taxing issue,
    http://www.thestreet.com/video/1299...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
    " Legalized marijuana is bringing a tax boost to Colorado, but it's not the tsunami of cash one might have expected....
    Why? Because much of the drug's tax production has been used to pay for new regulation.

Legalized marijuana is bringing a tax boost to Colorado, but not the tsunami of cash one might have expected. Through October, Colorado collected about $45.4 million from sales and excise taxes on recreational pot sales. That puts the state on pace to bring in less than the $70 million a year Colorado voters approved when they agreed to a statewide 10% sales tax and 15% excise tax on recreational pot. But adding fees and licenses and the taxes from medical marijuana sales, Colorado had collected more than $60 million through October.... Much of the drug's tax production has been used to pay for new regulation, including a new state agency to oversee the industry and additional fire and building inspectors. And, going forward, pot's tax potential hinges on some possible challenges

edit-
    not only is it beneficial to health, and makes money for the gonverment, it creates jobs and careers.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  16. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

and yet it was you who claimed it WAS NOT a norm, when in fact it was. again, your comments/ thoughts are from a secluded view point. if you are really interested in this, expand on it, get into the research. learn and understand the actual reality. not speak from inaccurate opinions.

17. Seattle Valued Senior Member

My understanding is that it takes a lot of pot to be effective in edible form so that's likely to be a limited market due to the expenses involved.

Cops aren't going to be trying to figure out if the pot you are smoking is legal pot or illegal pot (unless you are distributing). It's illegal to smoke pot except in your home in most cases so that will be the issue (and will be obvious).

Pricing (taxes) seems to be too high and therefore it will probably come down since the state should be trying to eliminate the illegal market and the illegal organization behind it (with the attendant crime).

To the extent that some people will drink less and smoke pot more it seems to me that the overall affect on society should be a positive one.

18. Seattle Valued Senior Member

This is not a very logical argument. The state has priced the pot too high (fact) so saying they should have known better is irrelevant.

You not being for the legal market because you knew that they would price it too high and no one would buy it is silly in more ways than one. You didn't "know" this would happen and if it did happen how would that be something that would bother you...nothing would change if no one bought any legal pot.

19. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

not where i am at. every single dispensary i have been it has a whole section on edibles as if you are at the grocery stores.
    from what have gathered, in most cases, they use the clippings and extract the THC and use that as the dabs/ hash and also use it in edibles. now days, it does not take as much to make edibles.
    that is one of the points, making it legal will not change what has been already occurring.

20. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Making it legal raises the concern for some that it will encourage more drug use. I'm just pointing out that I think any additional pot smoking (which would come from moderal users as the others are already using) will come at the expense of alcohol consumption which in my opinion would be a good thing.

21. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

yes exactly, that's partly what i have mentioned, them losing market share and such.
    and also, i made a mistake, i meant to type, making it legal will not change much what has been already occurring.
    i apologize.

22. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Pot and alcohol ain't nowhere near the same buzz.
    ..stray thought...
    cigarette smoking is illegal in bars
    would the same hold true for pot?
    buzz from second hand pot smoke while getting a whiskey mellow?

23. billvon Valued Senior Member

Basically yes.
    Just like if greedy criminals take obscene amounts of your money through theft then it's illegal, but if greedy car salesmen take obscene amounts of your money via the sale of the car it's legal. One is illegal, one is not - and what is important is the illegality of the act, not what you think of the people involved.