Marijuana lagalised at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'World Events' started by tablariddim, Feb 12, 2000.

1. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Doh!!

------------------
    "The crows are already stoned", he said.
    With a look of dispassion on his sad face.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I learned a shocking bit of news this weekend.

Namely, a person to whom I'd been introduced on a couple of occasions before has gone down for attempting to sell crack cocaine to an undercover police officer.

Bearing in mind laws concerning the assumption of intent to distribute, the nature of manditory minimum sentencing guidelines, and other misdirected policies of the drug war ....

Well, okay--so this guy gets a year for selling crack to a cop.

Why can I get five times that for the assumption that I'm going to sell a certain quantity of the marijuana in my pocket?

One year. Oh, that's right ... all the prison space is occupied by the stoners.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

thanx,
    Tiassa

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

------------------
    The whole business with the fossilized dinosaur eggs was a joke the paleontologists haven't seen yet. (Good Omens, Gaiman & Pratchett)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Rambler Senior Member Registered Senior Member

This whole drug debate come downs to one thing. Pot can be acquired for free, you don't need to do any more than dry it and its up to be consumed. So there is no corporate entity to represent the drug, i.e. no enormous bank account to lobby the law makers. So there it is. Its not about welfare or dangers of drug use. Its about who's paying the polies off to do their bidding, thats why Tobabco and alcohol will always be a "safe" and legal substance -- cause it can afford to be. And thats my two cents worth.

By the way prices here in Australia are about 500/oz for hydro. And usually free for bush buds (natural, conventional stuff), I've tried to find bushies for a change and I tell you its not easy. Is it the same in the US, do you guys only get hydro too or is that harder to come by.

------------------
    work to LIVE...don't live to WORK.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.