MARS ONE: concept space suit for explorers:

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by paddoboy, Nov 16, 2016.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Dutch firm unveils concept space suit for Mars explorers
    November 15, 2016

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

New explorers on Mars will have to live in small habitats, find water, produce their own oxygen and grow their own food
    Dutch company Mars One, which aims to send people to the Red Planet within a decade, on Tuesday unveiled its first concept for a space suit to protect humans "under the most difficult conditions."

The pressurised suit will include an impact resistant helmet with a see-through bubble.

It will "make maximum use of local Mars resources to provide a safe and comfortable environment for crew members," Mars One said in a statement.

Made from material similar to that used for NASA's astronauts when exploring the Moon, the suit's design also takes into account "new challenges" presented by Mars' surface.

This included dealing with omnipresent red dust, which the company admitted still "needed more work."

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2016-11-dutch-firm-unveils-concept-space.html#jCp

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

When this effort was first announced, I certainly questioned their time frame, and also their finalisation of preparation: That view as yet has not changed, but I would dearly love for them to show me and the rest of the world, that I am wrong and I wish them all success again.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.