Masterbation

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by 420Joey, Feb 19, 2004.

1. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

topic kidnapping:

Is there something wrong with masturbating every day? Or multiple times a day?

Any research done on this topic?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zero Banned Banned

The fact that it's draining and better things could be done in that time?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

-- Long live the Female Messiah!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

What do you mean by "wrong"? Morally wrong, or unhealthy wrong?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. chunkylover58 Make it a ... CHEEEESEburger Registered Senior Member

It's completely OK, as long as you don't pay yourself to do it.

8. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

If you do it too much, you'll go blind, then, you'll sprout pubic hairs on your palms and eventually your dick will fall off... nah, only kidding.

Sexual intercourse within a loving relationship is preferable to masturbation of course, but it depends on your age, health and circumstances. If there is a good reason why you can't have regular sex with a partner and your libido demands sexual release, then go for it, the important thing is not to feel guilty about it and that it doesn't simply become a habitual obsession.

9. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

What about if u pay somebody else to do it?
    As in doing it in the toilets at work?

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I was just wondering if anyone actually researched the effects of masturbation frequently opposed to masturbate rarely, or not at all.

I think it would be an interesting study.

11. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

My own observations, conclude that regular masturbation may diminish creativity, intergrity/consciousness and work ethic, but not to any critical degree. Masturbating rarely, enhances creativity and seriousness, but contributes to depression.

12. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Tab's observation is totally misleading, masturbation does lead people to be more productive, and it increases creativity, intergrity, and awarness of self so therefore "consciesness". And it surely as hell!! does not contribute to depression, nothing can be further from the truth!!. It has recently been found that masturbation contributes to avoidance of prostate cancer, so therefore ejaculating is healthy, and a way to release stress, therefore contributes to fight depression.

http://www.tantra-sex.com/ummsummer00.html

http://www.holisticwisdom.com/article_sex_prostate_massage.htm

There the above links may help Tab's erroneous views of ejaculation, and for those who may tend to believe bs with out backing it up!!.

Godless.

13. Greco Registered Senior Member

use it or lose it.

14. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Godless:
    The trouble with not reading a post properly, leads to the wrong conclusion. I said that masturbating rarely, as in not often, may lead to depression. I still think it diminishes creativity and the rest if do it too often, but NOT to any critical degree.

Saying that it INCREASES creativity, intergrity and consciousness is something i never observed, in fact, I observed the opposite, so what makes you think that?

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I never experienced a decrease in creativity.

Maybe it is not a general effect?

16. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Somebody once told me, that we can transfer our sexual energy into a creative one and that is indeed what I noticed. When you're on a creative run, you're so totally focused on your project that you don't even think about sex, well not as much anyway and occassional release is always nice, without affecting the creative flow, but if your focus turns to very frequent sex or masturbation, then it's reasonable to assume that it may affect your creative output. I could be wrong and it could be that it is other factors that come into play when your creativity is diminished; after all, everything's based on your state of mind.

17. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Tab, after posting I did some more research in the matter, I've found that basically I was speaking in moderation, that is ejaculating in moderation may lead to more creative, self awarness, etc.. However I also found out that there are those whom over due, the moderation therefore becoming obsesive, in ejaculation, which does lead to less creative, time wasting, energy waste, so therefore when confronted with a potential mate, the individual may loose interest in sexual desire.

And there was no trouble reading your post, I answered in haste. Due that I'm an atheist, I see many theist here coming up with potential negative views upon male/female ejaculation. (My Bad!!)

Godless.

18. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Tabs not only the state of mind but also age, a younger individual male for instance thinks of sex, a whole lot more for instance than an elderly male. I too know for a fact that you can channel that sexual energy into productive work, for instance I can go without sleep for several nights in a row, if I'm under pressure to get some work done, however my age difference has or perhaps has something to do with it, I'm 40 years old, my sexual drive is healthy, however if I'm pressured by some outline at work, the sexual drive takes a dive untill the project is completed, after that watch out!!

Godless.

19. darktr00per Registered Senior Member

In the news recently they covered an article about mastubation reduces the risk of prostate cancer becuase it released fluids and chemicals that might be built up causes toxicity.http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3072021.stm
    On another note- wouldnt masturbation or sex increase acne becuase if of the increased testostrone levels?

20. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I'm not sure why it would necessarily be preferrable, rather than a mix of both.
    I have regular sexual intercourse with my partner (as much or more than any past relationship) and I still masturbate fairly regularly.
    Masturbation can be a creative, healthy aspect of your sexuality.
    Besides that, it is wonderful to share with your partner (whether or not your partner is in the room with you).

21. Kumar Registered Senior Member

I didn't read this topic completely. Is it indicated here that what happens to sperms, prostatic fluid etc., if we do not use these for long?