Material consciousness vs Spiritual consciousness.

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by pljames, Mar 29, 2013.

1. pljames Registered Member

First what is consciousness and where does it come from? If we have a material consciousness, do we also have a spirit or esoteric consciousness? I cannot see my mind, but can hear the words in there, yet the mind is invisible. Could the mind be the soul/spirit of the brain? I feel my emotions internally and see then externally. It would seem everything we do has something to do with inside of another object, car/plane,boat,house,tunnel etc. The spirit is invisible yet we feel or sense it. We even believe illusions that we can't see but believe. Thoughts please? pljames/Paul

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

We have a material brain, and consciousness is what it does. Consciousness=thought.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Consciousness, thoughts, emotions, identity, memory, etc - are all a result of a functioning brain. Collectively they could be called a soul or spirit, but we know that if specific parts of the brain are damaged or destroyed then these features are also affected. And if the brain ceases to function completely through disease, decay, or destruction, then the dependent soul/spirit/consciousness simply ceases to exist.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

The mind is amazing.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

But it's a terrible thing to taste.