May the Force be with you

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by dos2winmaclinx, Jun 13, 2001.

1. dos2winmaclinx Registered Member

We refer to Time as a Dimension, the forth, and yet we only experience the march of Time.

Why not consider Time as a Force, like the other four exiting forces: Electomagnic, Nuclear, Strong Force, Weak Force and Time!

We know that Time is influence by acceleration, and gravity, so it may be an entity of substance, like a wave or a partical or even a wavicle.

At any event, no pun intended, it would be a good issue for exploring and discussion!

Mike

Have lots of fun!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. discord5 Registered Senior Member

now that is the kind of thinking i can appreciate !!
    so then just like we have learned to overcome gravity with airplanes we could learn to "fly" through time or learn to use it to our advantage.

very good post !

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Rambler Senior Member Registered Senior Member

use the force luke.....

That would be very cool, however I think to consider time as a force we would need to attribute mass to it directly (F=ma, where m = mass and a = acceleration). I just don't see how time could be broken up into those components. Which would need to happen in order to use it in mathematical models etc.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. chip Registered Member

Re: Wavicle or not?

Interesting thought. I'm not sure that I agree with your 'wavicle' idea. Consider that light seems to act as both a wave and a particle, but that these are at odds with each other. This was simply accepted as a quirk, now, with the Kaluza-Klein theory, light emanation is explained easier if you consider a higher dimension, that is, if the universe is itself vibrating, because it gives the light a vehicle upon which to travel. If this theory was applied to time then perhaps a more profound explanation and understanding of time could be found. Time to think! Anybody any thoughts?

8. dos2winmaclinx Registered Member

In the beginning, No Space No Time

Then there was Energy, followed by Mass. As more Energy increased, more Mass equally was increased. As more Energy and Mass accumulated so was Space. As Space expanded, so was Time.

This shows that Time plays an important binding force between Energy, Mass and Space. Time is the transition of properties that act as a messenger between Energy, Mass and Space.

Here is another scenario! By reducing Space, Time will slow or even reverse itself! This is cause by increasing Mass, which influences the direction of Time. Presently, Time is going forward, by observing the expansion of our Universe.

If our Universe were to stop expanding, at the point of deceleration or idle, Time will, slow, reverse, or stop! If the Universe were to start collapsing, Time would have less Space to expand, but to start reversing by the accumulative amount of Mass exerting itself on Space, distorting Time around the massive objects falling towards the center.

In other words, Time has properties, yet undiscovered!

Mike

Have lots of fun!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Approaching the speed of light can be a mind binding experience.