Memo to Trump supporters and their fellow Hillaryphobes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tiassa, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Memorandum on Deplorable Behavior

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

To: Trump supporters and their fellow Hillaryphobes

re: Are you happy?

Anthony Weiner's underage victim responds to FBI director James Comey:

In your letter, you chose to use a vague approach, meaning the media had to keep searching to try and find out what evidence you had uncovered and how. Every media outlet from local to national has contacted me and my family to get my "story." Why couldn't your letter have waited until after the election, so I would not have to be the center of attention the last week of the election cycle?

In his "cooperation" with you and with his love of the spotlight, Anthony Weiner has given information that led to the media finding me. You have assisted him in further victimizing me on every news outlet. I can only assume that you saw an opportunity for political propaganda.

I thought your job as FBI Director was to protect me. I thought if I cooperated with your investigation, my identity as a minor would be kept secret. That is no longer the case. My family and I are barraged by reporters' phone calls and emails. I have been even been blamed in a newspaper for causing Donald Trump to now be leading in some polls and costing Hillary the election.

Anthony Weiner is the abuser. Your letter helped that abuse to continue. How can I rebuild my life when you have made finding out my "story" the goal of every reporter? When I meet with my therapist next time, she will already know what we are going to talk about before I get there by reading Friday, October 28th, 2016's New York Times article.

I may have been Weiner's victim, but the real story here is that I am a survivor. I am strong, intelligent, and certain that I will come out from under this nightmare, but it will not be as a result of your doing your job to protect me. I hope that by making my letter to you public, you will think about how your actions affect the victims of the crimes you are investigating. The election is important, yes, but what happened to me and how it makes me feel and how others see me, is much more important. It's time that the FBI Director puts his victims' rights above political views.

(BuzzFeed↱)

Thank y'all.

This is your America.

Yeah, y'all built this.

You happy, now?

Notes:

Mack, David. "Here’s An Open Letter To Comey From The Teen Who Allegedly Got Sexts From Weiner". BuzzFeed. 2 November 2016. BuzzFeed.com. 2 November 2016. http://bzfd.it/2efGCKF

pjdude1219 and joepistole like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Hol-ee-shit... that asshole (James Comey) needs fired and maybe some prison time... won't happen (rules are for the peasantry after all) but damn, what a douche-nozzle ...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

If Trump is elected then the USA will get exactly what it deserves. Unfortunately the rest of the world would not responsible for him being elected (well maybe Russia helped) so they do not deserve him. So I just wanted to say to the world if he is elected - I am really sorry.

Confused2 likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

Ok. Your name won't go in the book.

8. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

"Rules are for the peasantry", is not, on this occasion, the functionally accurate assessment. It is worth mentioning here, as well, that this is a larger problem in our American discourse, and probably pretty much any national societal political discourse around the world. That is to say: We know what you mean, but if we let that phrasing define the circumstance, we are responding to the wrong assertion of a problem.

Comey is violating a rule that isn't for the peasantry, because the peasantry does not operate within this range.

Let's go back to basic questions of law enforcement, to the one, and politics, to the other. We have this weird law in Washington state that essentially lets police get away with murder. It is a required presupposition of good faith such that nobody knows what is really required to overcome it. At this point, since the concept that a police officer can perjure an incident report in good faith is in play, it seems as if we could catch the cop on video, monologuing like a supervillain and confessing to his crime as he murders someone, and we will still acquit him because all he has to say is, "You know cops have the right to lie to suspects, right? I need to be able to put on the necessary façade in order to do my law enforcement job." And we are obliged to believe him. Under law.

This law is predicated on the basic notion that police shouldn't have to answer every last damn complaint. To wit, I worked at an insurance company, in a risk pool ("select markets"), and among our book were dentists. It was weird, we had an E&O unit for dentists and podiatrists specifically. I don't know what was up with the podiatrists, but with dentists the way it works is that people will go in for serious dental work like a root canal and, afterwards, while their mouth still hurts, file a malpractice suit because their mouth hurts. And let's face it: With the legal power of abduction, detention, assault, and homicide, the police will need some liability protection.

And that's why we have laws like that in the first place. Ours in Washington state is particularly stupid, egregiously dangerous, and has proven policing to be a racket in our Evergreen community.

The problem, of course, is an old political concept, one not unfamiliar in my canon: There is a difference between acknowledging human frailty and exploiting it.

There is a difference between the police needing certain protection and relying on it. The way the Seattle Police Department hid behind that law has rendered every cop in the state a lethal threat to every person within our borders.

The state doesn't even see a reason to charge them with perjury or obstruction when we catch them lying.

The police presently exploit human frailty.

And that's essentially what James Comey did. Like a faithful conservative, he exploited the confusion brought on by all manner of bad faith in order to justify a political stunt. Conservatives do this quite a lot, actually.

And now we're back to, okay, so he's wrong, but he's human, imperfect, and a good public servant just trying real hard to do the best job he can.

Because, you know, the real victim here is James Comey.

But they're not the peasantry. The peasantry is never so empowered as to need the laws protecting law enforcers, nor the protocols of how best to use government as a weapon.

9. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Washington is solidly liberal and Democrat voting isn't it?

I saw a bumper sticker (in Texas) not too long ago that read, "If liberalism worked, you'd still be in California."

R1D2 likes this.
  10. billvon Valued Senior Member

Wouldn't make much sense to see that sort of bumper sticker in Austin.

11. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Maybe, but there are a lot of Californians here, and they bitch about the state laws much more than the natives do.

12. billvon Valued Senior Member

Hmm. California is a state in flux; most people here came from somewhere else (even Texas) and they bitch about everything too. Maybe that's a constant.

13. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Texas - thanking God for Mississippi, so they aren't last in measured good everything. Texas, where liberalism is something California does, and governance like W&Cheney's and Louie Gohmert's is what adult men aspire to as well as the primary political export.

Like this guy:
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...-word/&usg=AFQjCNH-3oWPLDvRWNAoILk7dGpJn1HGOQ
    One doesn't expect the natives of Texas to even notice. After swimming in that for one's teenage life, the sense of smell is predictably reset.

14. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

To each his own, but I agree wholeheartedly about the incredibly stupid Gohmert, and the incredibly evil Cheney. Bush is just a shitstain.

Late edit: Just to clarify, I have never voted for anyone but Democrats 'til now. I now think that with the exposition of corruption and lawlessness, I just might have to change my mind.

I don't like Trump, I agree that without handlers he's dangerous, but For God's sakes, Hillary is a fucking monster.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    R1D2 likes this.
  15. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

A monster who wants universal healthcare?

16. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Nonsense. She's a middle of the road, ordinary moderate Republican circa 1965. Think Eisenhower or Rockefeller, without the demonstrated management skills.

If you subscribe to the notion that there's fire everywhere someone is blowing smoke, the people who own the smoke machines will own your vote.

17. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

How's that working out? I know the ACA was partially derailed by Congress, but the insurance companies are raping everyone they can.

Eisenhower was probably the last good Republican president. Are you saying that HRC has no management skills? I agree, or she'd have killed all the leakers by now... Hillary Corleone, anyone?

18. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I'm Canadian. I do not have a vote. But I feel philosophically it is right. If the state has the power to protect their citizens, why wouldn't they?

19. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Hillary, a (very) short summary:
    Trump, a short summary:

Monstrosity is as monstrosity does...

20. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

At this point I'd prefer to be Canadian. Thanks!

Beer w/Straw likes this.
  21. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Why did you alter the opening of her letter to read:

To: Trump supporters and their fellow Hillaryphobes
    re: Are you happy?

In your letter, you chose to use a vague approach, ...

It actually reads:

Mr. James Comey
    FBI Director
    November 2, 2016

I am the 15-year-old (now 16) who was the victim of Anthony Weiner. I now add you to the list of people who have victimized me. I told my story originally to protect other young girls that might be a victim of online predators.

--o--
    A vote for Hillary Clinton is a vote for war,”
    -- Jill Stein, Green Party presidential nominee
    (an apparent "deplorable" and "Hillaryphobe".... or, maybe, perhaps - she just doesn't want to see more women and children murdered, or WWIII)

As for Comey, he should have indicted Hillary 8 months ago. Yes, as a Public "Servant" he's deplorable.

If you really want to read some deplorable behavior, read about Thomas Alfred Taylor and the 12 year old child he raped. Read about how Hillary Clinton made that girls life a living hell. How Hillary attacked her credibility, bullyed and destroyed her - despite knowing that her assailant was guilty of raping a child – and worse of all, Hillary later laughed about it in a taped interview. Laughed. WHO the f*ck does that?

A vote for Hillary Clinton is a vote for war,”
    -- Jill Stein, Green Party presidential nominee

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

See, just so we're clear, it's shit like this, and this―

―are the reasons people don't see the need to take you seriously.

I mention this in part because it's long been that way: Someone says something deplorable, people disdain it, and ... what, are we going to hear how people have a problem with you disagreeing with them?

I mean, that's the thing, it's not that you disagree, it's just ... really? ... that's what you want to use your voice for? To say ridiculous stuff that tells everyone else you don't intend to be taken seriously?

23. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Just out of curiosity, Michael:

(1) What, exactly, do you think you're on about?

(2) Do you really think it wise to deliberately misrepresent a post in order to frame a bogus question?​