Memo to Trump supporters and their fellow Hillaryphobes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tiassa, Nov 3, 2016.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Now the question is does Trump follow-up on his promise to imprison his political opponent?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

I don't think enough drugs exist. More to the selfish point (since that's what it's all about anyway), I've exhausted my stash. Except for some prescription Motrin - which calls for another couple. Totally blew through my diazepam already...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Trump doesn't have any political opponents right now.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. iceaura Valued Senior Member

He has dozens more than he had last week. They're in Congress.

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Seriously... are you that deluded? What do you call those thousands of folks protesting in the streets...friends?

More than half the people who voted, voted against The Donald, and you think he has no political opponents?

The question remains, does Trump follow through on his promise to imprison his political opponent as he promised he would do?

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Hope is my drug now, that and the next 4 years are going to be very entertaining and interesting at least, the exquisitely boring slow decline Clinton would have brought us no more.

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Considering trumps list of things he wants to do in 100 days, many of which the republican congress will merely laugh ate, you are correct.
    http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451368/here-is-what-donald-trump-wants-to-do-in-his-first-100-days

1. Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress; That would need to pass both houses of congress and a majority of states would need to approve: absolutely no chance in hell.
    2. a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health); yeah that going to cause some really big problems "aah we need an building permit, sorry we don't have enough employees to do the paper work at this time, blame trump", "I need a license, sorry we have no one available please wait in the trump line", "I need a translator/ woo you need make sure that bitch speaks American, trump decrees it"
    3. a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated; "So yes to Glass steagall but we will take out clean drinking water and the minimum amount of rat shit in the food, ok"
    4. a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service; I like it, can he acheive this with an executive order though, becuase congress is going to say "Hell NO!"
    5. a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government; again I like it, but can he acheive this with just and executive order.

anyways this might be better for the list of things Trump wants to do thread.

11. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

I'll give you that; though their game doesn't start for another couple of months, they are surely getting warmed up for it.

12. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

I'll rephrase: Hillary is a retired Secretary of State and as of Wednesday is not in any competitions with Trump. She is not an opponent, so why would he bother pursuing her further? I'm not saying he won't, just that being a political opponent no longer provides a need to go after her.
    Not in the sense you intended with Hillary, no. The voters are like the judges of the game. The other politicians are the opponents, per your example of Hillary.

13. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

So you are saying now that Trump has won the election there is no need to imprison Hillary Clinton? If so, I guess we can safely say this is Trump's first campaign promise he will break. As much as you may dislike it, when Trump promised to imprison Clinton, his promise wasn't conditional. Trump was very definitive. He said if he were president, she would be imprisoned.

Say it's 4 years later and Trump is threatened by a Democratic challenger, would that then be grounds to imprison his challenger?

Yes, voters are the judges and a majority of voters didn't vote for Trump, and that doesn't bother you.