Michael Jackson

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by piffi, Aug 14, 2001.

1. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Poor MJ

Has he a new album at last and then they send him back because the album was too bad???
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, man, I am nearly dying laughing

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Here in Holland I haven't heard a thing yet, about MJ having a new album coming out.....So thanks, I now know it earlier then the music t.v here, haha

But it's a little sad too, don't you think?? Poor Michael, back to the studio's.....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. piffi Nixed Price Rack Registered Senior Member

this is the problem with michael.....
    he has very little real talent===
    he has tons of producers covering up his mediocre vocals....
    he has a lot of turbulence in his life....but he expresses it very literally; impersonally- as if he did not really write it....he always tells us that the real monsters are us for saying he's a monster...but he never says why we might say it...hmmm...
    now however he stops the surgery;the painkillers; has a 'family' and he wants to finally lead a more normal life... the way things were supposed to go (or is it all a sham) and has nothing left to write but plain music that comes from his experience in the music industry.... I doubt he really writes it though...
    quite literally, MJ is dead and he's nothing more than a singer who had captured the public's attention.
    He went so far to capture it (inadvertedly) that he has soured for us...we feel bad for him...yes....we feel he is a liar...
    but we do not look up to him
    Invincible's success lies in 5 factors:
    Off the Wall, HIStory, Dangerous, Thriller, Bad........

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Poor MJ, lonely and forgotten.
    I guess it's sad though suddenly, there is nothing left for him.
    Whatever he did, he pays the price...
    Everybody has to pay for his/her actions, even famous singers.
    Too bad

Goodbye MJ......maybe we'll see you on t.v. sometimes.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

not so fast!!~

I have to agree that 'You Rock My World' was a bit uninventive. But the new material you can get now is just plain jaw-dropping...MJ doing hip-hop, who would've thought. Yes...most of this new album is groundbreaking, they just put out a 'safe' single first. Michael himslef says he does not like it. But the new stuff, whoa, they really created a new sound.

I'm buying it!

8. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Bobby Lee, this is just a 'light' conversation about MJ.
    We just talk, why are you so hostile?
    Yes, there are a lot of rumours about MJ going round.
    As you say yourself, rumours...
    So I don't know what is true and what is not.
    I heard just know, from Congratulations, that his new album is not that bad.
    Maybe I will listen to it, maybe not.
    I love the dances he puts in his video's, always.

So whatever the truth may be, he has a new album, and that was what I was talking about. Not that it is important, but maybe you should not be so hostile towards mucians, they have often 'things' in the press.
    Everything they do is being watched by the world.
    That is where rumours start....
    Things are true and things are not, I talk about the music, not the rumours.

9. Patman just one of the lost Registered Senior Member

MICHEAL JACKSON IS A FREAK!

Sorry nothing else to add.

OH YEAH,MICHEAL JACKSON IS A FREAK!

10. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Patman, if it makes you feel better, you scream it from the rooftops.
    I don't care...
    Have fun, doing so...

I am a freak too, you think that is easy?

11. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

Of course Jacko is a freak...just looking at him makes my stomach churn. Although, I don't feel hatred towards him, It makes me mad that he single-handedly ruined his career by making himslef look and act like a total lunatic.

However, his music is damn good, and especially this new stuff. He actually seems more of a man than a woman, and sings in some places like a growling monster-I mean actually LOW! On the other songs, he sings at a more normal register. So, I think he's cleaned up his act. he looks better, sounds better, and is a lot more confident.

But when he starts singing about 'The Lost Children" i have to wonder where did they get lost??

12. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

They get lost where your sick spirit tells you they get lost.
    Ok?
    What a stupid remark, I am sorry Congratulations, but I find it a stupid remark.
    But then again, who am I...?

13. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

BUY THE ALBUM...

I think it is so good.
    It's a like an 'introspective' of his entire life.

You draw your own conclusions...but he's resolved, all right.
    He said it himslef on the Jackson Dailynews.
    I swear, he posted something on that forum.

Invincible is a sophisticted work of minimalist art.
    the kind you appreciate from the act of viewing it,
    not the art itself.

14. Neb Registered Senior Member

Do you guys like the Alien Ant Farm cover of Smooth Criminal,I love that song, all of the people i've talked too like it more than the Jacko version.
    I haven't even heard his version and i'm not in any hurry either.

15. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

I don't care at all about Alien Ant Farm !!
    They kind of ruined the song. It lost it's edge.

So I don't care-that's for da record.

BUY INVINCIBLE PLEASE!

16. Neb Registered Senior Member

No way in hell will I ever pay money for Michael Jackson,thats for da record.

17. Neb Registered Senior Member

The only thing thats lost its egde is Michael Jackson, Alien Ant Farm have done him a favour by covering his song, they found a way to make it cool, plus put his name back on the radio, more so than he has himself even with a new album out.

18. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Congratulations, you are so wrong. The 'new' album from Michael is not really new, in the way, the music sounds exactly the same as the albums before.
    He is just trying to make an album that is better then Thriller, but it won't work. He sounds as Michael Jackson, always the same.
    But the dances are good, I teach them to young girls at dancing lessons. I even can do the Moonwalk. Nothing to it.
    The cover that is made of Smooth Criminal is terrible, yes.
    But there is nothing real new stuff on the new album. You understand what I try to say? It is good, but it is MJ, no more, no less. Nothing new under the sun, it sounds like MJ, and he is trying very hard with this new album. But it is the same as the rest. Thriller was such a big, big hit, he never can do better then that, never do it better and that is what he try's to do here on the new album and that I don't like.
    But I like to look at him, and his dances, they are always good, the dances I mean.

19. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

I never thought Invincible would be bigger than thriller....I thought it would be good, different, and a little more sane.

It is clearly the sanest album he's put out in years.....probably the first since dangerous.

This album is really like a retrospect of his whole career (haven't we had enough of those...) but it's done in a very subtle way.
    the album is all about him, it's coy, sly, and deceitful.

he's tricking us into buying his album....and therefore backstab Epic the last time...

Nobody really knows the deal with Mj's record deal.
    In 1990 (i think) he signed a 900 million dollar, 4 album deal with Epic. He wanted out very quickly, which is probably why he did two discs for HIStory instead of just the new stuff. Then, he released BOTDF and figured he could get out, since he had realesed 4 discs.

However, Epic then changed its mind and decided that HIStory counted as only one, so he had one more album he had to record.
    Number one, his popularity was waning, so for the sake of business, Epic wanted it out fast. Number two, MJ was nearing a financial crisis and needed 200 million dollars fast just to get him out of the hole.

He recorded a bunch of stuff, Sony said no, we want safer tracks. you know, real commercial stuff. They redid the album, and now Sony says they want more pop ballads. So they added two cheaply produced babyface tracks at the last minute, (Dont walk away and You are my life). The album goes from 14 tracks to 16, which is now the reviewers' main complaint, and the two tracks they added are total crap.

Invincible is born of a record deal mess, which michael is out of now, since Invincible is out. Maybe in a year we'll have Invincible 1, unfettered by the hands of SonyMusic...

20. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Oh my God!

You are a real FAN arenĀ“t you?
    How do you know so much about him? Are you a stalker?

Or maybe you are Michael Jackson! Telling us to BUY the record!

Well, probably not, but think about the marketing strategy that opens itself up , if the marketing industry sends out people on the forums and chats pretending to be "ordinary" people, only with a mission to first establish a trust and a sense of reliability and then back stab them with their sales-mission. Almost like Tony1 is doing for Christianity, with the difference that he is not employed by the church anymore since the church has discovered that his mission has failed and only resulted in the opposite of the intention.

What was that?
    Oh, my brain flying away....nice wings.....

21. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

Re: Oh my God!

*Originally posted by Bebelina
    if the marketing industry sends out people on the forums and chats pretending to be "ordinary" people, only with a mission to first establish a trust and a sense of reliability and then back stab them with their sales-mission.

What do you mean "if?"

*Almost like Tony1 is doing for Christianity, with the difference that he is not employed by the church anymore since the church has discovered that his mission has failed and only resulted in the opposite of the intention.*

There is no opposition to the word of God.

If you agree, you are one of the sheep.
    If you disagree, you are one of the goats.

See? No opposite.

And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
    (Matthew 25:32, KJV).

*What was that?
    Oh, my brain flying away....nice wings.....

Yes.

22. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

LOL!

Hello Tony, nice to see you outside of the religion thread. I suspected that mentioning your name in a disregarding manner would help.

So we are all narrowed down to sheep and goats ? What is Michael Jackson then? A goeep? A shoat?

23. Neb Registered Senior Member

No not Shoat, Shite.