Michio on the 5%

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Trapped, Dec 19, 2013.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Why do we send probes into outer space? My guess would be, if they exist, they have similar motives. They are curious. It seems to me any advanced civilization capable of advanced technologies would need to be curious. Curiosity breds the technology cat.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Oh, yeah certainly they would be curious.....but with time and distance being the barriers for any contact, any probe visiting us would be highly advanced.
    I would reckon advanced enough so as to do there science, observations and curiosity satisfaction from afar.

You do have a good point though!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But as of now, we do not have sufficient evidence to show that any ET probe has visited us.

My greatest wish would be that we finally make full contact before I kick the bucket.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Trapped Banned Banned

Correction, we have evidence. We don't have proof.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I like Michio and have heard him use that analogy.
    I suppose its the amount of nut jobs and conspiracy pushers and such that makes me see the need to be ultra cautious. They do muddy the waters somewhat.

If I havn't made myself clear, I do fervently believe ETI does exist, somewhere, sometime.

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Seriously, I would love to think so.

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

No we don't have definitive evidence of ET. If ET exits, I would expect it would be more machine than flesh. And if ET exists, it would not be surprised if they perceive the world around them in radically different ways that we do. Perception affects communication, so communication could be very problematic.

10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Seth Shostak is fervent in his belief that we will have convincing evidence of ETL within 20 years.
    I'm inclined to go along with that and predict that it will be on either Europa or Enceladus.

11. Trapped Banned Banned

Well, we do.

We have about a 100 years worth of official records, radar, pilots, military generals... all confirming the phenomenon is real. This is evidence.

What we lack is the smoking gun proof.

12. Trapped Banned Banned

There is even evidence in the form of interceptions, not just the 1952 case, but also a Peruvian military case in which they attempted to shoot down a UFO. The Missile blew up in the vicinity of the UFO unharmed. That's extraordinary evidence, but no more important than the 1942 case when they saw a UFO in the height of world war II, known as the battle of Los Angeles, worried about the saucer shaped air craft, they shot anti-aircraft artillery which exploded all about the UFO, unharmed again.

13. river

The evidence is real and overwhelming

The way I look at it all , is from a Sherlock Holmes point a view , detective

14. Boris2 Valued Senior Member

ahhhh forgot about the X-15. was thinking conventional aircraft. if the SR71 can be considered "conventional".

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Trapped Banned Banned

yes well, even in 1952, there was no aircraft that came close to 7000mph, and 20 years later, still nowhere near it with our fastest rocket propelled aircraft, really designed to get to the outer reaches of earth's airspace. The 1952 case defies, all conventional explanations and is probably the best sighting ever.

16. Boris2 Valued Senior Member

we don't have evidence we have data that can't be explained. radar traces can be glitches...look at the conspiracy theorists use of weather radar glitches to "prove" HAARP is responsible.

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

To a point I do agree with you.
    The problem is as I see it, and already stated, is that with the amount of nutjobs about, the delusional ratbags and such, we need to be ultra cautious.
    I have not made a study of these sightings, but have read and been impressed by a few....and alternatively turned completely off by other claims.

This ultra cautious approach [for the stated reasons] certainly could have blinded and hindered some of the opinions of the experts.

18. Trapped Banned Banned

Yeh, the experts actually know what a glitch looks like. Just like in the 1952 case, the control could see weather glitches, and ignored them.

What you don't understand, is that pilots actually confirmed the radar sightings. We have two bodies of evidence confirming each other.

19. Trapped Banned Banned

And so you should be. You are absolutely correct, you have to be careful in this day and age.

This is why I stay away from lone case scenario's. One witness isn't enough for me. I need a few at least and independent witnesses are even better. I prefer cases as well in which the integrity of the claims are difficult to just dismiss. I won't take abduction cases seriously. I can't prove someone has been abducted one way or another. There are cases in which physical evidence exists, like the Cash-Landrum incident.

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The integrity and reputation of some of the people involved certainly has had me wondering.

The evidence of the Cash-Landrum incident was certainly one that boggles the mind.

21. Trapped Banned Banned

And we might not be talking about just a general, there are Military cases which involve a whole platoon of soldiers, one such case is the Rendelsham Forest incident, in which a UFO had been seen over a three day period, even at one time close to the ground near the forest, which instigated Col. Halt and his personnel to investigate the phenomenon closer. I won't go into all the details, but the object they saw probably was literally out of this world, it certainly acted as though it was.

Even a simple memorandum from the air force which had previously been classified showing their interest in the UFO phenomenon should be enough to realize that behind the scenes, our officials where indeed soberly concerned about it, while all the time the backstage politicians and other officials tried to downplay the phenomena.

It wasn't long ago, the white house openly stated in an interview that there was no evidence of ET craft ever visiting us. When I read it, I laughed and said to myself, ''the white house has been hit with a serious case of memory loss since the 1952 incident. But then you can understand why. The American government especially does not want to come across incompetent when it comes to these aerial phenomenon in our skies. Last thing they want to look is weak.

22. Trapped Banned Banned

In this case, we only have a few possible scenario.

1) it was a Military experiment gone wrong

2) they made it up

3) they really did see an alien craft being circled by Chinook's (I think it was).

1) is totally plausible since Military aircraft was in the area... however we then would need to work out how the hell they managed to get a diamond shaped craft into the air. 2) I doubt they made it up, considering they suffered severe radiation burns, especially the elder lady who was kept in hospital longer and whose hair even fell out. I'll let you make up your mind if 3) is plausible in this case.

23. billvon Valued Senior Member

Skeptics understand this perfectly.

Skeptic - "We don't know what that flying object was."
    UFO believer - "It MUST HAVE BEEN extraterrestrial aliens spying on us. There is no other possible explanation."