Mike Pence

Discussion in 'Politics' started by geordief, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Well Bowser, this time I won't argue - Trump is extraordinary.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oystein Registered Senior Member

I'd take a Gerald Ford presidency any day. I'd even take another eight years of G.W. Bush instead of the embarrassing orange thing that we have now. And yes, I would prefer eight years of Pence too.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Mike Pence is the creationist and climate denying governor responsible for this Indiana law: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2016/bills/house/1337#digest-heading
    This law specifically includes "pill" abortions - common in the first few weeks of pregnancy - and therefore includes miscarriages in the first few weeks of pregnancy, which is a common time of miscarriage. Such miscarriages must then, by law, be retrieved from the toilet or menstrual flow absorption means into which they were emitted, and transported to an officially designated facility for interment or cremation. No exception is made for uncertainty of assessment - such as a heavy blood clot difficult to identify.

He's a wacko. And no, nothing about that is extraordinary - that's Republican normal.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Which is what we like--the hope being only a lunatic could bring some real change.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Only lunatics would support this kind of change. Was there a problem with people having too much health care?

9. Oystein Registered Senior Member

Just wait. The current bill (AHCA) probably will not get thru congress. The really conservative congressmen want to make it even worse -- for the poor and elderly. Of course both versions will benefit the rich -- that goes without saying.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Of course, these people are evil scum.

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

I find it very funny that all the people who wanted 'real change' are now seeing it - and are horrified. "What do you mean, I won't get as good healthcare coverage? I wanted change - not to lose my benefits!"

12. iceaura Valued Senior Member

"Pissing in the soup" writ large.
    Or in another metaphor: You didn't like the barn, so you elected a jackass to kick it down.

The last couple of times you guys did this, Reagan and W in particular, some decent and competent people managed to get a leash on the thing, and among them were carpenters who had something to work with in rebuilding - you got hurt, but other people kept the roof over your heads and the plumbing in working order.

But every time you do this, you create the possibility that the decent and competent people can't handle your jackass - that this time, you're going to win it all. And then what?