Milky way galaxy

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by timojin, Nov 20, 2015.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No
    http://spaceplace.nasa.gov/solar-system-formation/en/

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The formation of the solar system is known as the nebula hypothesis, and is evident today in the nebula and accretion disks we see with the HST and other instruments. Some problems still certainly exist and recent modifications have been necessary after the discovery of many Hot Jupiters in other solar systems orbiting close to their star. Planetary migration is thought to have taken place and probably also did within our own solar system.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. timojin Valued Senior Member

Your answer "NO" how can you be so sure since you mention " The formation of the solar system is known as the nebula hypothesis " If there was a nebula and from there masses will be formed , the dust or particle will a crude first then gas like hydrogen will acrude to form a gaseous mass . Mor me your hypothesis does not make much sense even might carry a famous scientist name .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Not my hypothesis, but the most likely scenario worked out by professional astronomers from making many observations.
    We have observed many stages of stellar/planetary formation from the birth of stars in the Eagle nebula, to the observation of accretion disks with stars already at their center and the beginnings of planetary formation.

8. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

If someone is pushing a religious agenda I suggest they can arrange our observations to fit their desired view of the Universe... Tell me the religious view and I will arrange everything to suit.
    So where do you want me to put the lights?

Alex

paddoboy likes this.
  9. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Exactly. And we know in what direction to look and how far it is to the centre of our galaxy.

We can also figure out what our galaxy looks like from inside it, just as easily as you might be able to figure out what shape a park is - as well as where you are - while being inside it.

10. timojin Valued Senior Member

Thanks Alex , there is no religion involved , is just my common sense, I appreciate your your input from your observations
    So what is your explanation that the earth have heavy elements and the sun does not . That is what I have been told by fellows on this forum
    No criticism . NASCA lines in Peru were no sean we their pattern until aerial photographs were taken.

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Did you watch the link I gave earlier?
    The cloud was very very large.
    The pressures at the center of the huge stellar remnant cloud/nebula allowed nuclear fusion to take place. The heavy elements that exist on earth and all the other planets, did not fall into the center simply because they along with the other lighter elements that make up the Sun and also the gaseous and icy giants further out, like He and H, had enough angular momentum to prevent this. BTW, the Sun does also consist of small percentages of some heavier elements.
    I'm glad your question was not a religiously inspired one but simply due to common sense....congrats.

12. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I really can not add anything really.

Here is a astro photo of the " central star" in Orion popularly known as the "big dipper" or "the shopping trolley". This region has a number of solar systems forming. I cant find it at the moment but there is aHubble Space Telescope photo showing a distinct "gas cloud" on the verge of going solar... Rather it is ready to start the process of becoming a solar system.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  13. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

here is the photo.
    I did not take this one and sorry I can't recall who deserves the credit but I think it was a member of the astronomy forum that I belong.

Attached Files:

14. timojin Valued Senior Member

When there is a cloud I understand there are different fragments. My understanding earth on % bases have larger amount of heavy elements then the sun . And happen I believe to bring solid masses together is more likely in less time then bring scattered gas into one place. So I assume the main fragment of the earths formation could be Iron which is from the first solar collapse and the heavier elements are fragments of other supernova.

15. timojin Valued Senior Member

In your picture to which ball do you refer , there is a giant red ball, fragment like a peanut by it or the lit up at the side of the big rea bal. I imagine the big red ball is actually a recent explosion ?

16. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I could not find the hubble photo with the gas cloud close up. In the photo above it would only be a dot and I dont know which dot.
    Explaining whats going on would take a book but nothing you see is recent. I think the field of view is over nine light years.
    Alex

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Yes certainly, just as the lighter elements that make up the Sun, also make up Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune much further out.....so?
    The whole solar system is a result of a previous Gen1 Supernova.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  18. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Bad assumption.
    The whole solar system formed from one dust and gas cloud. The inner planets had a lot more light gasses early on, but it was blown off by solar wind, and hte fact that small bodies can't hold gasses as well. Mars used to have a thick atmo, but is had been stripped away over time.

19. timojin Valued Senior Member

Are you saying a supernova within the same galaxy ? If so there is a recycling process within, ?

20. timojin Valued Senior Member

So our earth have accrued more heavy metal then Mars because we have a stronger magnetic field . So it protects our atmosphere ?

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Yes.

22. timojin Valued Senior Member

If so then eventually Hydrogen should disappear.
    I looked at the picture , I assume the picture is after a supernova so there are fragments , and this fragment with time will ansamble , and the Hydrogen left will also ansamble int produce an other sun . If Extrapolate to infinity al that will be converted let say into uranium.

Me getting to my original question did the sun shined before the earth was in place . And I am getting more convinced the earth was in place give its light to the earth and if there was light as I can se in your picture there was a remanent light from the supernova , so the earth could have a light then after while the sun started to give us his light.

23. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member