Missing messages

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Oxygen, Jan 15, 2000.

1. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I know it's been a problem in the past, and it's a problem again. I just put up three responses to various posts. After submitting and checking my post to make sure it looks all right, I go to another thread. When I come back, my post is gone! I always double0check them to make sure that I've spelled everything correctly (although I miss a couple of times) and to make sure that I haven't used any uncalled for language, as well as to make sure that it won't be taken out of context due to surrounding posts. What gives? I put a lot of thought into some of my responses, and I hate to see them just flushed away like this. This used to happen to dexter a lot, too.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveW Registered Senior Member

Well, I'm not sure which 3 threads you are referring to, I do see many of your responses scattered amongst the forums, intact.

I suspect the problem is your browser cache, which is not downloading the most recent file. Some browsers are very stupid, in that they will spontaneously revert to an older cached page, even though you've already been to a more recent version of the same page. Hitting 'reload' should bring up the most recent version of the page.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ISDAMan Thank You Jesus! Registered Senior Member

Oxygen,

I usually do mine in a text editor first. I always save the file as exosci.rtf. That keeps me safe if something goes wrong. All I have to do is cut and paste after that.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.