Mister talks about physics and maths moderation

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Reiku, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Reiku Banned Banned

You know, I think prom has a better understanding of how to conduct his job, even though at times it looks like he is a little advantageous for the power given.

Atleast prom will close a thread if a slanging match occurs. But in doing so, who is to blame? Certainly not me, because with the last two cases of my threads, captain has been to blame each time!!

So where does all the amount to. Innocent questions, or people coming in (your cliques) who have serious attitude problems with someone who should be banned? I mean this in the literal sense, that I have somehow reached pardons where others have not.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reiku Banned Banned

I'd say as a mod, since you mods are so into the upkeep of threads, to remove all the posts which refer to a slanging match. The paradox here is, is that would include your own alphanumeric. As a mod, you set a poor example.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. prometheus viva voce! Registered Senior Member

Mister: If you want to talk about the moderation of this forum, start a new thread in the appropriate place: This is not it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Reiku Banned Banned

Why?

You lot are talking about my threads. Why don't you all lot take your own advice? If you have a problem with me, why don't you take it up in the appropriate place...

...oh that is right, biased again!

8. prometheus viva voce! Registered Senior Member

Moderator note: These posts have been moved from this thread

9. Reiku Banned Banned

Oh no need to mention it then. You did the right thing for once.

Now, fancy moving anything that has nothing to do with the OP in my thread or deleting them?

10. Reiku Banned Banned

The greater majority of my threads, are resultant to slaging me by your cliques. So tell me how this is any different to me slaging your modships? Your conduct of moderation?

11. prometheus viva voce! Registered Senior Member

I'm going to delete the posts you made before I had a chance to post the link in the other thread. You got a problem with that?

12. Reiku Banned Banned

No. I have a problem with the fact any posts that don't attain to the OP are heavily about scrutanizing me in general. That behaviour should not be tolerated. Especially when on one day, you try and close a thread in view of preserving non-slaging matches to occur. So if you are avoiding that behaviour, why are mods and other people still engaging in it?

13. prometheus viva voce! Registered Senior Member

It's hardly my fault people are examining your posts in fine detail - you were the one that negotiated the amnesty with James (that I thought I was protecting but closing the thread you are referring to) and you were the one that announced your previous history publicly. I'm starting to think this is all just a means of getting attention.

If you were to read a bit more, rather than post so much and post so many threads about topics it's completely clear you have no understanding of then people wouldn't come out all guns blazing. It's hardly a surprise that's what happens is it?

14. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

Cpt's response in your Hodge star thread was entirely appropriate. You lack the necessary fundamentals to understand the Hodge star, such as linear algebra, so asking about the specifics of a map on p-forms which requires a grasp of tensor calculus is a little pointless. Cpt pointed this out. He and others, including myself, have been through the educational process to get to such material, we know what is required to grasp it. If you lack such knowledge than the best answer to your questions is to tell you what information you need to know in order to even fully understand your own questions. I know you didn't want that answer but its the most useful answer for you.

Giving you an honest answer is not a 'serious attitude problem', it's the best reply to give even if you don't want to hear it. The attitude seems to be yours, complaining because people aren't prepared to explain 101 different things from a physics/maths degree to get you up to speed. Instead you need to do the reading yourself and you appear to be unwilling to do that.

Lots of times in life you get answers you don't want. Most people learn to deal with it. Some of my biggest learning experiences have been when I've been shown to be wrong on something. I'm certain all the physics and maths graduates here will say similar things. The best response is not to complain but to learn and move on.

Because the greater majority of your threads have been you talking about things 2~5 years beyond your educational level, where you've thrown in algebra you don't understand. That's the kicker, that you initially try to look familiar with some of it and then when you're corrected on something you change your tune and say how little you've actually read about it and people should stop saying "You need to learn the basics first!".

That's why you get 'slagged' off, your threads appear to many people to be attempts to appear knowledgeable on topics you aren't, topics which take years in full time education to reach.

And while some people might think we're being overly harsh on you, seeing as you've got a small number of posts, we the moderators know how much you've really posted on this forum over the years. As such we have a very long history to look at and see how you behave. You have been banned for wasting peoples time for precisely the sorts of threads you make now. Hence you're not given much slack.

15. Reiku Banned Banned

No none of what you said is fair. Slagging someone off, defeates any purpose of an intelligable discussion. I could site loads of cases of people talking about subjects they clearly have not been educated on.

So why does it make me different?

''You lack the necessary fundamentals to understand the Hodge star, such as linear algebra, so asking about the specifics of a map on p-forms which requires a grasp of tensor calculus is a little pointless. ''

to be honest, I don't care what you think. I still know what a vector is, among other things. Again, with all the posts that have been brought forth with little knowledge on the subject, you are showing a biased nature to this forum, which is ugly and a misconduct at best.

''If you lack such knowledge than the best answer to your questions is to tell you what information you need to know''

Yeah ALPH, because I never said my knowledge on Hodge Duals was extremely limited .... lol

''Giving you an honest answer is not a 'serious attitude problem',''

Oh ok then... so people attacking me, my education, in fact just being Reiku is an honest answer?

get real!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An honest answer would have been one which tackled the question, not the starter of the question! I'll make sure this forum has problems from people like me if it keeps up this behaviour and inivitably finds me banned again for no reason.

''Because the greater majority of your threads have been you talking about things 2~5 years beyond your educational level''

Who are you discern such? The last two years I've been studying forensic science. Before that biology!

''where you've thrown in algebra you don't understand.''

Well cosnidering your arguements, I remember one of my first-ish posts here spoke about a Hilbert space, which you said much the same thing, but equally never questioned the math!

''And while some people might think we're being overly harsh on you,''

Think? Hopefully anyone with a brain will see.

16. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

I really can't understand how you can keep misrepresenting people so much. I have repeatedly said there's nothing wrong with asking questions on topics you don't understand. It's starting mini essay threads and throwing in lots of algebra you don't actually understand which is a problem. You always start by trying to present yourself as way more familiar, on a working level, with the subject matter than you really are.

Why post tensor calculus expressions for the Hodge star when you don't know linear algebra? Why post algebra about curvature when you can't do vector calculus? Why post bar-ket notation when you don't know about inner products?

No one has a problem with you asking questions. It's the "Let's talk about something really advanced on a level which is actually beyond my ability to rationally converse about!" which gets people. Then when you're corrected on something basic you complain about how some source backs you up. It then transpires it doesn't and it's generally also too high a level for you to understand so you've just been parroting it or misrepresenting it.

There is a distinct difference between your types of posts and those from other members. You want to project an image of being knowledgeable when it rapidly becomes apparent you aren't. You then don't like being given advice which requires you accept your lack of knowledge, you consider it being 'slagged off'.

So do 16 year olds. And at least they can actually do some calculations involving them.

What about your neutrino thread on TSR? You claimed to have a grasp of QFT, which you don't. That's dishonest.

You were hardly 'attacked'. You were given honest relevant advice. The fact it wasn't what you wanted to hear doesn't make it an attack. Grow up and move on.

Most other people manage fine. The common denominator in all your bans is you. Your style is so obvious people spot you almost immediately. That just shows how little you've grown over the years.

So you've been studying them along side your 9 years of conciousness in physics? Sure you have.

To what are you referring?

I could have given you warnings by now, I'd be completely justified, but I haven't. I could have banned Magneto, he posts plenty of utterly wrong mathematics, but I didn't.

You really don't seem to like being told "You're not ready" or "It's beyond your knowledge". Most people learn to accept such things, because it happens to us all. Most people learn from such experiences and take on board the advice given. Why can't you? Seriously, why do you think you're able to do all the high level undergrad, even post grad stuff without the grounding in the basics? Why are you special? If you're so capable why aren't you studying physics in university somewhere? Why aren't you doing physics professionally? Please explain to me why you think you don't need to do what every single physicist has had to do. Why are you above such suggestions as "Perhaps you should read about vectors before doing vector calculus?" and other such logical, reasonable suggestions?

17. Reiku Banned Banned

''I really can't understand how you can keep misrepresenting people so much.''

I am misrepresenting people intentionally slagging me off?

PLEASE! i do no such thing. Anyone with a capable mind can see that I am being slagged off, no matter what thread I start? Seriously, who do you think you are kidding???

''Giving you an honest answer is not a 'serious attitude problem',

With me it is. My name, as many know, such as Kwilborn, is shunned upon as much as the concept of consicousness vs physics is.

Again, who are you kidding?

''I could have given you warnings by now,''

No, you reserve that to heartless and countless PM's you've sent me.

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Mister -

First off, I don't know your history or backstory... but as things look now, you are coming across as one GIANT asshole who is only intent on stirring up trouble...

Secondly, what do you mean by "slagging me off" - when I think "slag" I think the scraps of molten metal created in the metallurgy process... what are you referring to?

Finally, what is your attempting point at these constant posts complaining about the moderation? If you have an issue, present it. Don't attempt to present yourself as being victimized, especially after being granted amnesty despite what seems to be a long and greatly troubled past... if you have a legitimate claim to make, do it.

Otherwise, stop whining about people reading your posts "too closely" as that seems to be about all I can gather from your last couple posts...

19. Reiku Banned Banned

I would not need to come across as an ASSHOLE. I've been infactioned for less, but let us let it slide, to show my leniency towards other members.

I have a serious background here. My presence was shunned upon when I spoke about phsyics, and believe it or not, alphanumeric followed me to this place, no doubt for slanging matches. I was here before him. He knew where I was at, and he followed indeed.

I am no arsehole. I can be at times but I am extremely fair otherwise. I will whine about things and so would you if your were treated the same as I was. What has happened recently is the same as happened before. I DON'T for one moment expect someone who is reletively new here compared to me to understand this.

All I ask is you sit back and study every move if you are willing to come in here and judge me so easily. I will not sit here to anyone and explain everything that has happened. I don't need to, my name once before was reiku. That says it all.

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You forgot to answer my question - what do you mean by "slagging"?

Again, if you have legitimate concerns though, going about them the right way can get them taken care of - throwing a hissy only makes it easier to paint you as the bad guy. Let me play devils advocate a moment:

Say you really are being mistreated and singled out and abused - what's more likely to get the people who can DO something about it (IE, the owners/rest of the moderation staff) to take YOUR side on it; cussing and whining and moaning and generally causing a ruckus, or pursuing it calmly, thoughtfully, and logically? Think of it like in a courthouse - even if you are right, if you play the fool and get out of hand, you will still be punished and held "in contempt"... same here. Even IF your claim is true... you may end up on the losing end of things if you don't pursue it with a level head.