Moderator for the History Section.

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by gendanken, Jun 24, 2004.

1. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Hathor:
    Oooh.
    Because I said fuck, huh? Because I'm not nice, yah?

Fyi: "Nice" derives from the Latin word nescius, meaning 'ignorant'.
    In the 14th and 15th century this word 'nice' was commonly used as "foolish" or "dumb". In Chaucer's day, calling someone a nice person was not a compliement, nor was it a desirable trait.
    Like 'naughty' the word has undergone what linguists call elevation, where with time a low word achieves more favorable connotations or meaning compared to its original.
    Much like your name 50 years from now will finally be good enough to mean 'feces' or 'slime'.

That aside- there is no agenda. I feel people- all people- in discussions of any science deserves the respect of their moderators. To date, I have not seen it from even the most respected in the bunch, James included.
    A grudge is the surest means to destroy authority, not enforce it.
    And it has nothing to do with one's character not being 'nice'.

Arditezza:
    Waaay too much credit, my dear.
    That's fuckling, embittered fuckling. And its in need of a good lay.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hathor Banned Banned

no. you are nice. when stating your policy, you say all the right things. infact, you say very impressive shit. i am willing to give you a chance. do what you will. you have my support.

mmm!
    cmon baby!
    you know you want to!
    spank!
    spank spank!
    who's yer daddy!
    spank!
    say my name!
    spank spank!
    say my name, biaatch!

*where are my cigs?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

"where are my cigs?"

In your colon. Swimming in gasoline, and me with a match.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Arditezza Banned Banned

It's all well and good to want the boom boom, but you have to enjoy it. Are you a redhead per chance?

from the book; Still Life with Woodpecker by Tom Robbins.

I think you'd like the story, Danky. You are starting to remind me of dear Leigh-Cheri.

8. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

Why exactly do you want so much to be a moderator? This is not the first time you have literally begged to be voted a moderator. It amuses that such an insignificant bit of authority has you this bewitched. Perhaps it would be worth the laughter in seeing coolskill get the mod position ahead of you.

Good luck in your quest.

9. Hathor Banned Banned

arditezza

heh
    i used to call her the dankass.

i however am the optimist. naive perhaps.
    i like to think that people can evolve
    lets give the kids this chance
    positive expectations can make a world of difference

10. Hathor Banned Banned

i bow to arditezza's superior judgement
    never listen to me again

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

we really do not need these fucks in charge of us

11. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Good!

You see? Everyone here has seen it.
    There goes the ghostly never never being who comes up behind you and pulls out the rug from under you.
    I come back and sure enough, posts have been deleted.
    No post, no warning, no message.
    Only the coming up behind in the guise of authority to steal things in silence, the way little boys do in dimestores.
    This, ladies and gentlemen, is the habit of our Moderators.
    Clyptomaniacal specters with no regard for the members that make this place possible.
    Actions require reasons- posts from the lowest caliber to the highest should accompy a reason for their deletion. No matter whom, no matter why.

In all nations propounding the merits of freedom and truth, its leaders are to be held responsible to that credo.

Fountainhed and Hathor- you have been MOST useful.
    HA.

12. Hathor Banned Banned

crap
    that shit was so obvious, it earned the hed a 3 day ban. flouting the rules in such a blatant manner and paying for it really requires no explanation. you all know where the line was crossed. if not, you really need to get a clue.

its not as if we are n00bs in here, eh?

you go ape shit on a rather innocuous remark with your jungle crap, hed responds in a alcoholic fugue....
    what do you expect?

ps: have i told you lately that i love you?

13. Arditezza Banned Banned

Why do I feel like someone ripped a chapter out of this dime store novella?

Here's the thing. Hathor knows when he pushes the envelope and does it anyway (much to my delight, btw.) and were he deleted, he'd complain once and stir the pot elsewhere. You knew your posts were bordering, and you incessantly complain about their deletion. I've never had anything deleted, maybe it's just you? Why should they let you know why they deleted you, when you know full well you are fetching for conflict and crossing the line.

I am going to pull a fetusism and change my mind again. Paranoid delusional people should be medicated, not allowed to blather incessantly, intelligent or not especially not in roles of any type of authority.

14. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Aridtezza:
    Novellas are for imbeciles rhyming with Contessa.
    "Kidding".

On the serious:
    Uhm, perhaps you missed something?

Strategy- look it up in any millitary manual. I can sit here talking through my ass about the cute habits of our moderators but what better way to shoot my point through your skull than to show you one doing it right in front of you?

Because it is the hallmark of a free society.
    Because its easier to build a reputation than to live one down.
    Because a reputation distilled from the anger and resentment of those we are held responsible to is the cutest littte formula for mutiny.

And because it is a leader's incentive to dote on his subjets the respect its his privilge to show.
    In this, he enforces respect and his subjects reciprocate.

Do I need to go further? I'd make a wonderful moderater- screw you all.

God, how you love that word paranoid, don't you?
    You're watching me aren't you?
    You've got my panties in your pocket...or a voodoo doll.
    I'm not paranoid- but I have this nagging suspicion the world is out to make me so.

15. Bells Staff Member

Hmmm... sounds like the hopeful words of a parent trying to toilet train their child.

Heh.. I won't be patronising and say 'yes dear'.

Sounding like Wanderer won't result in the natives wanting you to have the moderatorship.

Yes dear...

16. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Bells:
    More like a poodle trying on a different bark.

No need- you'd never vote for me.
    Its the happenings of democracies- freedom's good but it sticks an idiot in the White House.
    Why?
    Personality.

Can't get that girl out of your mind, can ya?
    Wanda, Wanda............*Wanda......*

17. Arditezza Banned Banned

I know very well about strategy, but apparently you yourself missed the point.

-This is a private board, where free speech does not have to be honoured or enforced.

-Reputation is a "victim" word for a perception of how others may or may not see you.

-Mutiny can only exist where there is possiblity of gaining power of the whole of very thing you wish to be in power of. Mutiny can not exist here, because there is nothing to take unless you plan on hijacking the minds and musings of everyone in the forum. Unless you can shut down the site, all your will to power is nothing.

Again, it will always be better to be the outlaw than the victim in all cases. Power means nothing to the outlaw, as it should not be power he/she seeks but a turning of the tables over society itself. In this case, the society is Sciforums. Instead of seeking power, find the TNT and light the match. If they delete you, try again. And if you fail, you will still have succeeded in making a mockery of said society. Don't be the victim, and don't try to rise above. There is no power to fight here, only a society to question and challenge. That is the real goal.

In short, stop being the victim. You have much more potential as a outlaw. There is a shortage of us around, dear gendanken. I am sure that Hathor would love to share his twinkies with you.

Boom Boom and all that jazz. =)

Contessa Arditezza

18. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Arditezza:
    But still only a word. Exploited for self interest- making the case against cleptomaniacal fucks. A reputation.

Post this in those hundreds of threads petitioning the dismissal of certain mods.
    All variants of mutiny, and modership is not power.
    Its only shitloads of fun. No?

Well, you spend half your time here dropping bombs and setting people's hair on fire and TNT looks like childsplay.
    Honestly, you really think it advisable to tell someone as ill favored and mannered as myself to blow shit up with a fuse? HA!
    I laugh at your general direction.

Registration date: 2-24-03 with an average of 4 something posts a day.
    Spent blowing things up and bringing the house down.

Change of scenery, no? A more sophisticated gendanken.

19. Arditezza Banned Banned

Laugh as you may, it's still wonderful advice. And ever so much more fun than the victim card. Do you care who favours you and who doesn't? Why should you? Ill mannered, I'll give you that but it's only adds to your charm and potential as an outlaw of the nth degree. Come on gendy, lets have fun with the little bastards. It's much more fun to laugh at their antics then it is to fight with them. Think of the pathetic little wretches sitting behind their computer screen waiting for you to post so that they can delete it. They, who lack the balls to face you one on one. They know you have valid points, even when you are being a dirty little bitch. They are of no use to you, except as cannon fodder. Think about how much they see themselves as victims of our wrath, and how much they feel they don't deserve it. Don't you pity them just a little? Why join them, do you think you can change them if you are inside their little circle? You are a woman of the world, as am I and you should know better.

No, just a more diplomatic one that laughs in the face of such things. It's easy enough to do.

Contessa Arditezza

20. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Ard:
    Ahhh......trying to win the party over by cheap coddling, are we?
    *So* see through.

No matter- bitch is right. I here now remove myself from any notions of modership. Back with the proles, as always.

In the words of Voltaire:
    FUCK.YOU.ALL.

21. Hathor Banned Banned

told ya
    "older and wiser"

22. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

With wrinkles.

23. Arditezza Banned Banned

Yep. And battle wounds

Mark of a weathered woman. I am content with that.

I have grey hairs too, lots of em. Or maybe that's just shrapnel.