Mods are too lax

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Communist Hamster, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gustav Banned Banned

hey vert
    i just realized that my vocab and writing skills are superior to yours (tho usually very lazy)
    imagine that

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Gustav,

Well. Finally. You're calming down.
    A little bit.
    Took long enough.

The question was a specific one.
    About her record on starting inspiring threads. I'm not asking about her posts in general.
    Now. If you look at her recent history, you might not be aware of the threads she has made in the past.
    She's been on something of a hiatus lately.
    But, hiatus or not, her thread-starting history is undeniable.
    Even her ass-pennies inspire good conversations.

I never said my assessment of you was fair. Have I? Why do you think I've not defended it?
    All I can say is that I've seen little from you that inspires respect in me. Am I being fair? No.
    But, I'm not preventing you from changing my opinion of you either. You're free to do anything you want.
    It's all up to you.

I agree. For instance, this conversation with you. I have less respect than I did before. And, considering that I had little to none before, that's saying something. What little respect I did have for you was in your joking and assholish nature. You've shown in this thread that I overestimated you in those regards.

Face it. Which forums are you interested in?
    Politics and pseudoscience. These are two forums which I have almost zero interest in.
    We have nothing in common. So, my lack of respect for you should be as meaningless to you as it to me.

And, by the way, what's a backhanded compliment?
    And what do you mean grudging acknowledgements? Everything that I've acknowledged, I've acknowledged openly and forthrightly.
    The thing is that you seem to think that you're dragging things out of me. Grudgingly. That's not the case at all. The fact of the matter is that this started off as a joking jibe. I didn't mean to really 'disrespect' you. Nor did I mean to imply respect. I was just jibing you. You're nothing to me and what little you are seemed to suggest you'd take the joke.
    You didn't.
    You then went on this whole semantical debate about 'gossip' and I admitted almost immediately that gossip wasn't the best word. I then explained that it was a joke and was thus not precise. It was funnier by using the term 'gossip'. Also, there's not really a term that I could think of that means what I meant. I did say 'dealing with the doings of others' and that's what it all comes down to. Gossip implies a sort of 'behind the back' quality which I never meant to imply and quickly explained that that wasn't part of the meaning.

No 'grudging' about it.

Also, I've admitted to being an asshole. You didn't drag that out of me. I've admitted it time beyond count. Both in forum and in the real world. I'm an asshole.
    Big whoop. Wanna fight about it?

As to 'put downs'. That's part of your modus operandi, isn't it? I thought it was. You even came into this thread with that very feel. You've also tried putting me down in various other threads. What's the big deal?

Any 'superiority complex' is wholly in your own mind. I don't consider myself superior to you. We don't have enough in common to compare. We're in two different worlds. You're nothing to me. Does that mean that I'm holding myself superior? Or just apart?

Anyway. What about this discussion could be productive or relevant?
    You've disregarded all attempts to get back to a productive and relevant discussion.
    You apparently feel that this 'flame war' is more relevant and productive. After all, it is a test of your intellect, right? That's why you flame? To test your intellect? Or to prove it? Or some such?

What? By you? Maybe by you. Nothing new has come out in this thread, I don't think. Nothing I haven't admitted about myself before.

True. I won't deny this. In fact, I've taken part in many threads which opening premises were stupid but were then diverted to more interesting discussions, some having next to nothing to do with the original post.
    However. This doesn't matter as the point is that my idea consists of moderators starting inspiring threads in their forums.
    Or, would you rather have the moderators go hijack threads? Is that your idea?

And some can't even capitalize it...
    Heh.
    Anyway. You're probably as aware as I am that a lot of that is affectation.
    Not always though...

Well. That's where I lost what little respect for you that I did have.
    Because I did expect you to. I didn't think it would make two shits to you. I also thought that you'd get the joke.
    But, you're just one of these idiots all bent out of shape out of being 'disrespected'.
    Respect, homey.
    Heh.
    Lame.
    Respect is earned.
    Earn it then, if you want it.

I don't 'disrespect' people. I just don't give them respect if they haven't earned it. I don't give them anything. Why should I?
    Do you go around kissing everyone's ass? Respecting all and everyone?
    Your tongue must get tired from licking ass cracks all day.

Simply repeating the simple fact of the matter that you seem intent upon focusing upon.
    I don't respect you. You took offense to that. You've denied your feelings being hurt, but you've made numerous references to my attacking your intellect (which never took place), to my being an inquisitor and bearer of standards (when I in fact have no power over you whatsoever), to how I want to coerce you, punish you, this that and the other thing. So many fucking whacked out oddball interpretations of how I'm imposing my will upon you in so many ways. How I'm this horrible fucking nazi blah blah blah.

When all I've said is that I have no respect for you. And that I have less now than I did before.

You're the one that's made it a big deal.
    I thought it was a small enough deal to make a joke of it.

I don't think anything has been resolved here. Where did you get the impression that I did?
    I also don't think that anything can be resolved in here.
    Do you think it can?
    What do you think can be resolved?
    And how?

Funny. I'd say the same of you.
    See?

You're the one with strawmen, Gusty old pal. Attacks on your intellect and what the fuck ever. You're trying to make me defend myself against all this bullshit you keep dragging up when the simple fact of the matter is that I have no respect for you.
    It's just that simple.
    What's the big deal?
    Why do you care so much?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gustav Banned Banned

tell me why you did so. what prompted it.
    are you aware why i got pissed off?

in anycase do not confuse the little scraps i throw at you as appeasement.
    i can multi task quite easily.
    btw, you fucking flat out lied to water when you said you were talking only to me. when the "we" shit came up, you clearly justified it as an invitation to readers to comment on the dialogue. playing to the fucking gallery

do you deny this?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Because you popped in here and were a little insulting. I took your insults in a generally joking way. I responded to the points you made, then appended a little joking jibe of my own at the end.

You then asked me to elaborate or whatever.

So, I picked out a few observations which I considered relevant to the joking jibe. The way you follow girls around and blah blah blah.

Then, the next day, you started making a big deal out of it.

I 'did so' (stated my lack of respect for you) simply because it had became an issue. I saw no reason to hide it. My joke was not intended to bring the conversation to such a turn, but it did and que sera sera.

I sure as hell wasn't going to deny it. I sure as hell wasn't going to pretend respect that I don't have.

Fuck, man. What's the big deal? Why do you fucking care?

Guess not.
    Going from the link, I'd say that it is either because I didn't accept your post history as proof that you weren't all about gossip or whatever. Or because you think I threatened to 'out you'. Or because you think I challenged your intellect.

I really don't know.

What little scraps? You mean your posts? How you've started not replying to my posts so much as just little things? I figured that was a ploy, actually. Something along the lines of, "See. I don't even care enough to respond to your whole post. Hell, I haven't even read it... And look at you posting to me after you said you were done..."
    Something like that.
    Never thought it was appeasement.
    Weird that you'd think I would. Unless you're talking about something else.

Yes, I do deny it.
    When I was responding to Water, I was referring to that post in particular. That long, long, long post. That longass post which was made long on purpose. In fact, I made it so long that I grew bored of the whole damn thing. (And yet here I am. Right? Heh.) I never expected anybody but you to slug their way through that whole post. And I even wondered if you would.

When I was talking to you, this was earlier in the talk when it was still more joking and when I expected things to not become as entrenched as they became.

So. No, I didn't lie.

8. Gustav Banned Banned

yuck
    i am beginning to like you

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Kiss me, Gustav.
    Fag!

10. Gustav Banned Banned

heh
    carry on then
    i gotta go catch me some aliens

11. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Now this has to be the strangest end to a flame war I've ever seen.
    We should get some type of award or something.

Good luck with the aliens. Keep your butthole nice and tight to keep the anal probes out. Think about investing in a butt plug.

12. Gustav Banned Banned

elaborate

13. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Well.
    It's almost amicable in here.
    That doesn't happen too often.

14. Rick Valued Senior Member

ummm....no.

I thought dave keeps in shape doin tht cardio and weights every day?!

Peace...

Rick

15. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Curses, and I thought this thread may just beat the "Ban proud muslim" thread.

16. Roman Banned Banned

How many more pages do we need?

[edit]

17. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Uh. There is this one thing about Sciforums that has always fascinated me to no end: How can people talk so much ...

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

And write so much too.

19. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

We can make it! Just another fewscore posts! We need a new subject that makes for lots of posts, without copying nuttyfish.

20. Roman Banned Banned

Well, insulting someone always helps. We could just mundanely banter for the next ten pages.

21. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Fuck off roman you arctic faggot.

22. Roman Banned Banned

Go screw a kangaroo, sheep shagger.

Your obsession with upperclass Britishness is pretty funny, seeing as how you're from the most redneck continent on the planet.

23. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I hate it when people do that, you half offend them like "you moron you spilt the coke, god you're an idiot" and they blurt out "your haircut is fucking shit!" and you just know they've wanted to say it since you got the haircut but they needed to take a little damage to drop their inhibitions.
    Then you say "at least my mother doesn't have those wierd sores on her face" and it just goes on and on, can we please stick to the topic of you being an arctic faggot?
    (I'll explain my upper class british obsession later, you'll find it's perfectly reasonable and then you'll feel quite the fool).
    For now, lets hear your defense for being an arctic faggot? This should be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.