monoliths

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by piffi, Aug 14, 2001.

1. piffi Nixed Price Rack Registered Senior Member

All humans, in my belief, follow the basic chemical formula. That is what makes us all unified as a species.

So it is for that that we all have roughly the same capacity to be impacted by things, meaning we all have things that have impacted us.

Many people, I believe, do not know how many things have impacted them as people. Many people accept 'Nirvana' as the highest level and simply be happy.

I have a strange ability to remember nearly every dream I have ever had. When my mind is clear, I might remember dreams I had forgotten years ago, brought about by the simplest of stimuli. These could be like my mind horrifyingly stretching a melody out so each beat and tone seems in its own area of the song, or rather in its own area of my consciousness.
    Rather than atrributing these to the supernatural or spiritual, I think of them as nuances in the arrangement of things I somehow pick up. Unraveling these nuances is a great mystery of life to me.

My point being that mybe all the complexities of life stem from one great paradoxical facet of mankind; that once we are born, our lives are forver cluttered with random events and sensations that somehow all come together to form coherant meaning in society. To me, each event is a monolith that has an impact on me as a painting by a romantic artist would in a gallery- total awe, horror, longing, and mystery.

For that life is also a monolith. It is so strange taht one white flower would open in a sea of terrific black coldness and sharpness; as if oil has somehow turned to wine...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

situations are attributed supernatural, because it does not happen to majority of people. So yours could be one such even though, in the strictest sense, it may not be.

Nothing is pure random in this universe. What is seemingly random has a mathematical formula to it. It is that branch of mathematics called Chaos Theory...

Monolith...probably...if we can package it to form the theory of everything...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Contrary to what you may wish to believe, kmguru ...

Chaos Theory is properly described as follows:
    Since you are apparently enamored with the subject of Chaos Theory but have little knowledge of it, I would suggest that you go to the following site and do a little reading so you don't continue to mislead those who may read your posts:

http://www.brint.com/Systems.htm

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kmguru Staff Member

That is exactly where I got the quote, my friend...

8. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Thought it looked familiar ...

Too bad you didn't understand what you read, kmguru, and failed to apply it appropriately.

Hereafter please try to give some thought to what you are reading so that you will post excerpts appropriately.

But then ... that's all right, I understand ... In your haste to post you didn't bother to think ... something you fail to do quite often.

Bye

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2001
  9. kmguru Staff Member

That is possible. A lot of us make mistakes since we are here for fun, except for you of course. So explain to me what I misread, O! wise one.

And please expound so that others will understand what is Chaos, what is random, and the theory of everything. May be you can explain the string theory to us too without sending us to Google.

10. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

'... we are here for fun ... '

And that, kmguru, is why I read your posts

No need for me to do what Douglas Adams has already done: 42!

Bye

11. kmguru Staff Member

Thank you sir...finally I got 4 smiles out of you...must be very hard...staying up beyond your bed time...thinking up ways to check mate....

A little excitement...some adrenalin rush...since Prof Arturo, and Bebelina, and Lisa...and many more before me...

Admit it old-man...anytime you need a little rush...I am here for you. Hope you sleep well tonight...I have other stuff to do.

And you know what...no body else gives a s_it....

12. OMNIGOD1 Registered Member

Perception is Everything > (Monolith)

WITHIN OUR MINOR STRAIN OF REALITY WE ARE SOMEHOW PERPLEXED BY THE REALITY OF OTHERS IN LIGHT OF OUR OWN. WE EXAMINE THE OBVIOUS…such as individuality…ONLY TO DISCOVER THAT WITHIN EACH OF US EXISTS COMPLETE ORIGINALITY, SELF-CONTAINED, WITHIN OUR OWN CYNAPTIC RESPONSES. YET WE FORCE THE PARAMETERS OF REASON FOR THE SAKE OF EXPOSING EMPTINESS. THE CHAOS THEORY IS DEGENRATIVE IN NATURE, IT STANDS SIMPLY AS AN EXCUSE FOR ONES LACK OF PREPARATION, AND INABILITY TO COPE WITH THE CRUSHING POWER THAT REALITY YIELDS IN TIMES OF ADVERSITY.

FROM THIS WE FIND CLARITY, THE POWER TO ADHERE TO THE LAWS OF NATURE WITHIN THE ENTIRE FRAMEWORK OF A FUNCTIONAL AND LOGICAL UNIVERSE. THE ONLY LOGICAL REASON FOR CONFUSION ON THIS LEVEL OF THOUGHT IS THE DENIAL OF ITS' FOUNDATIONAL REALITIES. HOWEVER, IF YOU SEEK TO APPEASE THE POLITICALLY CORRECT INFRASTUCTIRE OF OUR CURRENT SOCIETY THEN WHAT IS BEING SAID HAS ALREADY BECOME TOO DISAGREABLE FOR YOUR PALET.

GOD1