Moon, asteroids, and Mars are GO!

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by cygonaut, Jan 9, 2004.

1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Actually 2004 human transportation space tech is comparable to 1970's space tech if not inferior! We can’t even go back to the moon if we wanted to, we lack a functional heavy lift rocket for the job!

Actually I had it for several years on my own accord but books like "Beyond humanity: Cyberevolution and future minds" by Gregory S. Paul & Earl D. Cox and "The Quantum Brain" by Jeffrey Satinover do help.

as for eschaton, never played it, is it like homeworld in combat style?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

1970, 1950, 1904, it does not realy matter, my point was that you, in your "little experiment" had forgother that we will over time develop something better to take us from here and to infinity

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

, making travel easyer.

ROFL Vortexx that was to funny

8. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Yes we will develop better forms of such transport such as virtual teleportation and possible wormhole based communication, oh ya we won’t be human then but that only makes everything much more efficient, cheaper and faster.

9. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

Let's stick to the present plz?

Everybody can go and daydream about the future,...and we're not getting anywhere like that! Hard work and real devellopment are needed to make these advances happen.

We can't just wait for them to happen, can we?

10. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

In dreams we create our future, Images of a forgotten past is in our Memories.

anyway, we can do no hard work or R&D on these boards, so all we are left with, is our imagination on what we think we can conjure up in the future.

p.s.
    what was this thread about i forgot over the previus page of BS

11. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

12. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

And an offical statement from NASA today:
    http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/7763739.htm

13. bradguth Banned Banned

Has anyone ever processed the VLA-SAR imaging resolution calculations, utilizing the moon as platform for the receiving aperture. That would be a relatively small and entirely robotic deployment into the lunar surface.

I seem to recall it's a rather tremendous magnification capability, as well as moon dirt cheap.

Regards, Brad Guth / IEIS~GASA