More Baby Girls

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Orleander, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Does anyone know if China has more girls than boys being born?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Delhi female births rise hailed

India's capital, Delhi, recorded more female than male births during 2008, for the first time in many decades.

Latest government data shows for every 1,000 males, 1,004 girls were born in Delhi in 2008.

One of the main reasons for the earlier skewed male-female ratios was seen to be the greater number of abortions of female foetuses.

The news has been hailed as a gender revolution in a country that has been struggling to get the balance right.

Delhi is now second only to the southern state of Kerala, which has the highest number of female births...

...At the last count in 2001 the figure for females stood at 933 per 1,000 males...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

china has a horrific female to male ratio of 1/1.19!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

so why is India getting such a bad rap when China is worse? :shrug:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Chian is a bigger economic power, also they know of their problem and a trying desperately to get their people to love their girls, because all those lonely bachelors represent a serious revolt problem.

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

India is doing the same thing. They want the girls as well and it shows in their birth rates.
    So basically we don't give China as much crap about it because they are a superpower?

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

[post deleted]
    Oh duh, I got that backwards.

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

naturally more females are born than males because male fetuses are weaker than female fetuses are are more likly to be still born ect

India's problems stemed from having to pay a dowery for girls
    china's come from the one child policy and farmers needing boys to run the farms (well thats what the farmers feel anyway).

China IS trying to address the issue by not counting girls in the one child policy and giving extra benifits for girls. Dont know how india solved there problem

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

so then it wouldn't be a one child policy, it would be a one boy policy??

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Is that medically proven? Do you have a link?

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

not any weblinks but i can suggest a couple of books if your interested. Will try to see if there are any weblinks

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

OK, what?

15. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

I don't get it, what seems to be the controversy ? We've always known that eastern cultures are covertly sexist.
    As someone who has experienced a mix of eastern and western cultures, In terms of breaking perceptions, change cannot be forced, but must come from within.

16. draqon Banned Banned

You have to understand how many people China really has and how much power it has...than getting China to not something becomes impossible. China is the World, the rest of us are a minority.

17. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

minorities are like an itch you can't scratch. Only when it develops into a full rash do people take notice. Such will be the case with the Uighurs.

18. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Since when are "we" giving either country "crap" over their gender ratios? There's no shortage of reporting on China's demographic issues, in my experience.

The obvious way for China and India to get rid of all those excess young males is the way it's always been done: go to war with one another.

What we're seeing is that the one child policy ended up working out to a one boy policy already. I.e., the reason China has such a stilted gender ratio is exactly because the one child policy - in combination with a strong preference for male children - has resulted in the systematic abortion (or even infanticide) of female progeny.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  19. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Chinese girls rock. Please make more (there, draqon will agree with me this time).

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

More as in a higher percentage or more in an absolute way ?

21. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

In proportion. I think we've all got to ease off on the baby-making. Practicing is just as good.

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Agreed :thumbsup:
    Better even

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Ok, what? Do you know of any?