More Great Economic News

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by sandy, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmguru Staff Member

When large corporations make money...stocks go up. Shareholders make money. So what is the problem?

Well, money can be made two ways. You can have a manufacturing plant in USA and pay the usual union wages and make money - or - you can move your plant to China (or contract work) and make 3 times the money. So, profit is high and stocks are up....everybody is happy...

Everybody except the poor bastards who lost their job.

If only a few company do that, it would not make a dent in the $12 Trillion economy. Few thousand companies, there will be a tipping point to disaster.

In the meantime, making money through healthcare ($2.4 Trillion) and wars is an expense, not real growth.

I would say, the tipping point is 2010.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DubStyle I may be wrong, but I doubt it Registered Senior Member

I would imagine there is a direct link between large corporate profits and nice US jobs reports lately.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sandy Banned Banned

The increasing crime rate has nothing to do with employment. We are at full employment despite 20 million illegal aliens here and working.
    The biggest jump in crime is from these illegal aliens. Most of them are like wild animals. They don't speak English. They don't obey laws. And they don't fit in here. They steal, kill, maim, attack, and suck our social services dry.

8. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

HAHAHA Why do you suppose that is Baron? Because pyramid schemes are all dependent on everyone believing in them. The stock market is a scheme that is based on some REAL value yes, labour and goods and services, however, much like the banks inflate the REAL wealth they have(which normal joe's foolishly give them to lend). Guess what, it can't go on forever and like any good pyramid scheme the best thing you can do is get out before it collapses.

9. kmguru Staff Member

Yes, there is. I know a company that moves most jobs to India and their profits are way up!

10. kmguru Staff Member

Unemployment correlates with higher crime rates in major cities
    New crime statistics: The “safest” large city associated with a decrease in crime. Cities ranked “dangerous” have higher unemployment . Background: The recently released 2005 Uniform Crime ...

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

The hype is the story that is not true.

12. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

That's why CNN and FauxNews are so popular...

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Media has become a form of entertainment....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And brainwashing weapon used by the elite, of course....

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

They are making money at the expense of the environment? Well, not all of them, of course, but a great majority is. Also, sometimes people get hurt. Every time a corporation downsizes, shareholders profit from it. But isit ethical to make money by laying off workers?

Also, corporations can artificially inflate the value of their stocks to make money. They can use options, for example. In the US, they can also play tricks by retiring and reselling shares....

Including the unprotected chinese workers?

Then it's not everybody.

[quoteI would say, the tipping point is 2010.[/QUOTE]
    Yes. I would say between 2010 and 2015

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Scapegoating...

16. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

This thread reminds me of the movie "Fun with Dick and Jane"...

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There are only 12 million, and please stop your racist comments. Mexicans are not "wild animals".

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

No, she doesn't believe they are wild animals. She believes they are pure crap or something worse then just wild animals. :bugeye:

19. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Did you count them all?

20. kmguru Staff Member

Top central bankers wary of economic shock

Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke tells panel that we won't necessarily always have 'current benign conditions.'
    June 5 2007: 1:45 PM EDT

CAPE TOWN (Reuters) -- Investors should prepare for the risk of a serious shock in case current favorable conditions in the world economy go into reverse, top central bankers said on Tuesday.

In a joint panel discussion, central bank chiefs for the world's three largest economies, the United States, the euro zone and Japan, said investors should guard against complacency.

Chinese markets take investors on a wild ride. CNN's Jaime Florcruz reports.
    Play video

"It's not necessarily the case that the current benign conditions will continue forever," Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke told the International Monetary Conference here, via satellite link.

In other words by 2010, we are screwed.

21. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Yay! Back to the villages!

22. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

The russians are coming! The russians are coming!!!

Just kidding...

Whatever. The US will probably go down by itself...

23. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

If you read the financial press, you can learn facts, but most do prefer to remain dumb and happy. For example here is a little documentation about fact the “smart money” is getting out of dollars, as I stated in post 9:

“…in April 2007, U.S. equity funds and ETFs received a pathetic $750 million, while global equity funds and ETFs raked in $22.6 billion. …”

http://www.forbes.com/2007/06/04/li...rimtabs_inl.html?partner=investing_newsletter

Title of that Forbes article states most of the money moving out of US is NOT going to Europe.* As I have repeatedly stated, EU is similar to US, but with much better infrastructure to cope with high priced energy (Better public transport, small cars, lacking US's "suburban sprawl," etc.) but both will be badly hurt when run against the dollar begins. It is only a slow slide down now, not the quick collapse China can trigger anytime it wants to take some loss on its 1.2 trillion dollar reserves in exchange for US not being able to buy oil in competition with it. China has already started to reduce that loss by getting out of Treasury bonds and into hard assets, but must proceed slowly to avoid prematurely killing US economy. (For a few years more, China needs the debt ridden US consumer, but China's non-US exports are rapidly growing as is the domestic demand. The workers in China are no long receiving only "low wages" and soon will know what credit cards are. etc.)
    --------------
    *Most is going to South America, according to Forbes. My local paper yesterday stated that more than half SA's FDI is going to Brazil. (Again I as stated earlier in post 9, this main reason why in dollars my ADR sbs, is up 800% and dollar has lost 55% of its value against the Real in about 4 years.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.