More Great Economic News

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by sandy, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I have done so and replied. As requested in it I read the sticky and found:

"The second thing is i shall use a really light hand as to wether things belong here or not because it tends to cross both politics and ethics especially. basically unless it really oviously belongs somewhere else or someone PM's me asking it to be moved i will leave it here "

Thus I feel safe to note that the economy of Iraq is suffering much more now than pre-invasion because people are afraid to even go out and shop, The women can not dress as they like, wear lipstick, expose their hair as they could pre-ivasion. Iraq was perhaps the best economy in the Arab world for the averag person pre- invasion, but no longer. The government's food depots are all closed, there are long lines for everything, the power still is intemittently available, etc. What economy there is is due to the fortune being taken for the pockets of US tax payers and much of it (even whole planes loads of cash) just disappears. It is very sad and the US is responsible for this change. - Remove this last sentence if the truth hurts too much, but don't ban me for telling these things about the changes in the economy of Iraq the invasion has made.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Where? I.e. Where are property values rising? If no where, how can one make money by buying assets that are currently falling in value. What time scale are you assuming for them to at least get back to your purchase price?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

Perhaps it is a good idea to close this thread. May I suggest that members read the "Global Economy 2008" Sticky and come back start your thread on specifics as per your interest. Billy T has been very good at looking economic trends and making sense out of it.

If you want to talk about economy in various countries with some global implications...that is OK, or start with Europe, Asia, Americas as separate threads...that is OK too. You can also talk about specific subject areas. Whatever you post with starting a new thread, let us post it in an organized manner - otherwise economy being a vast subject, it will degenerate to a messy thread.

I will be posting various important good and bad news/commentary at the sticky such that it provides a 50,000 KM view of the world. It is upto you to see the relationships and engage in a debate separately (a separate thread or in any available non-sticky thread on the subject) that has a purpose. That way, we can provide a benefit to our members and the world community at large.

Those economic majors who want to discuss theory and applications such as "neuroeconomics" (the guy who got Nobel prize on this) etc. be my guest.

As this OP goes, it is presented in a way that starts a pissing contest. There is nothing wrong in bringing up good economic news but do so with context. But artificially creating an one side view when we are on the verge of global recession is not prudent.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

MOD HAT:In light of what kmguru and shichimenshyo have said i will close this thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.