More On Martial Art

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by BLASTOFF, Oct 12, 2001.

1. BLASTOFF Registered Senior Member

I have been listening to what people have said both on the net and in the street,and the attuide towards it is so bad, now neb who writes on the net has the right attuide towardes the art and i hope he does it,i hope he practices and decomes good and healthy, both mind body and spirit.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Magenta Nihil est incertius volgo Registered Senior Member

Martial Arts allows for the mind and body to become one...strong and healthy. I think its really great for someone who wants to become fit mentally physically or are learning for self defense.

I use to take Muay thai (western kickboxing) and it made me fit both ways.

I hope everyone will change their attitudes towards this art and relaize all its benefits.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

The origin of Martial Art, atleast Kung Fu, comes from Budhhism and hence discipline in mind , body, and spirit....over the years, many new styles have developed but the root remains at the philosophical level.

Power can be abused once disconnected from its purpose of good....

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. BLASTOFF Registered Senior Member

Martial art

The power that comes with learning any form of martial art,is unbeleavable, if it abused then it can be deadly, i have learned many forms of the art, and found that many are the same as the last form, one of the hardests is to learn to fight with weapons, such as kendo it teaches you a lot more disipline, to hold a weapon under full control then you have the ultimate power,which if you aduse that then it is deadly, in kendo you are protected from head to foot, but in a fight outside you are not and neather is the person you are face to face with, it happened to me once this chap faced me up with a brush handle, i was unarmed, he had no control over the weapon, he swung the handle at my head, he did not have the weapon long,he did not get to swing it again, as i had hold of it,and i did not use it, just made a few movements as i was taught and he left quickly, people have said that they are to old to start any form of martial art but my teacher told me that age is only a number, my old teacher is around 76 years of age now, and i still would not face him,he is black belt four dan and a total master in many forms, so any one who wants to start the arts no matter what age then go for it,but dont abuse the power.