Most and least guttural languages?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by mountainhare, Apr 21, 2006.

1. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

oh yeah, Malayalam, another unpleasent sounding language.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Where can I get my hands on this stuff? I'm especially interested in the Swede speaking German, as I'm learning German.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I don't exactly know how you can get your hands on a Swedish stewardess who speaks German, especially the one I heard on an SAS flight in 1973.

Laura Pausini's latest Spanish-language CD is entitled "Escucha." ("Listen.") I'm sure you can get it cheap on Amazon.

How about if I merge these two concepts and give you a Swede singing in Spanish? "Baladas en Español" by Roxette. All translations of their English-language songs. (Did they ever record a song in Swedish?) I thought they were the original instrumentals with new vocal tracks until I started learning the bass part to "Habla el Corazón" ("Your Heart is Speaking"), the Spanish version of "Listen to Your Heart." I noticed that there are subtle differences and they in fact recorded the entire song a second time.

As a language tutor, I strongly recommend if you're a beginner learning a new language that you try to only listen to native speakers. You'll have a hard enough time getting the vowels and consonants right, much less the cadence, tone of voice, etc. We Americans tend to find people speaking our language with a foreign accent to be charming, but that's not a universal attitude: just ask a Frenchman or a Japanese. You probably would be better off not learning to speak German with a combination Swedish-American accent.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ecclesiastes Registered Senior Member

damn sargent you really know your languages!! i would have bet a 100$ that noone in here even heard of Malayalam...im impressed

8. ecclesiastes Registered Senior Member

yeah and german sounds really sexy i think...definitely male....i heard one of Einstein;s speeches on RRRRRRRRRELATIVITY!! didnt follow a thing but got really turned on

(on mp3 ofcourse)

9. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i understand now.

i agree.

ive not heard czech, but i have heard serbian.

when a man speaks russian, it sounds rough, but when a woman speaks russian, it sounds like music.
    one of my most pleasant memories of recent years was waking up to the sound of my fiancee speaking with her mother in russian in the room next to mine. sounds like birds, almost!!

10. Arkantos Registered Senior Member

Lately, I've been liking Italian the most. Dutch and Polish are harsh. I don't like the German rhythm. For some reason I don't mind Hebrew. It has those throaty sounds, but they seem to be of lower frequency and not as bad.

11. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Thank you.

I also can't help cringing hearing Gujrati.