Must suck to be God

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Mickmeister, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

The thought crossed my mind that being God must really suck. Think about it. It was there completely alone and then had to make up everyone and everything so that it wasn't alone anymore. So everything that serves it is made up from it's imagination. Nothing to challenge it from nature. It reminds me of the Star Trek: TNG episode Future Imperfect where Riker encountered an alien that created a world for them to live in so that he wasn't alone anymore. That would really suck!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dumb dude Banned Banned

No man. That would be much better than this ephemeral life on earth. It sucks even more.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. parul Registered Senior Member

duh, terrible to imagine the emptyness and hollowness in life. sure god must be suck

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

The part about living forever and knowing everything for all eternity. Could you live forever bored out of your mind, because nothing is ever new for you?

Not to worry God is only a figment of human imagination.

8. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

God would be bored, and when he looked into his future he would notice that he is even more bored.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. lightgigantic Banned Banned

You've almost got it right - As for any attempt to analyze the existence of god solely on one's own (limited) experience, it would only suck if you were god.

IOW what god has that you don't is contingent potencies that are also eternal (IOW he is never alone or anything like that) - its kind of like saying that it must suck to be the sun because there would be nothing to see until one got off one's ass to work out how to emanate sunlight (rather its the case that the sun, by dint of its contingent potencies is always in a state of emanating sunlight)

10. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I think whimsical is abetter adjective than suck. It is complete and so It created things on a whim. Including hunger, death, pain, torture, starvation, eternal hell. All on a whim.

Kind of creepy to me.

11. Saturnine Pariah Hell is other people Valued Senior Member

I guess that is why he created the devil...every hero needs a villian, without one what would be the point of his or it's exsitence?

12. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@lightgigantic --

I dunno about that, at least no one here could fuck up any worse than god supposedly has.

13. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Fucking up, either collectively or individually, on a grand scale is certainly not something we require a god for .....

14. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@lightgigantic --

While that's very true, according to the bible no human in the history of our species has ever fucked up as badly as god has. Maybe all of that boredom was getting to him.

15. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Fucking up is a point of view through a human emotion. God could have done it exactly as he wanted it done here on earth. Maybe in another galaxy it was done differently and better from that life's point of view. Also, there might be places where it's been done much worse.

Damn! god's making me paranoid again, I sure wish he wasn't looking over my shoulder and reading my mind all the time.

16. lightgigantic Banned Banned

or maybe you are using your limited experience as a blueprint for deeming the capabilities and obligational duties of god ... yet again

17. lightgigantic Banned Banned

still not clear what god is/has apparently done here to make it so screwed up

18. Pineal Banned Banned

Doesn't this cut two ways?

19. lightgigantic Banned Banned

what's the other way it could cut?
    Not using one's limited experience as a blueprint for deeming the capabilities and obligational duties of god?

20. Pineal Banned Banned

Isn't this what religious people do? (though I am not sure what 'using experience as a blueprint for deeming' would mean. But I took it as judging God from a limited perspective. One can decide something is perfect, incorrectly, from a limited perspective, also.)

Note: I started a thread on this issue in the Religion section. We can take it up there.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  21. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

The thing is that it is supposed to know everything that will happen, so that means it's powerless to change what happens and would be even more pathetic. I am glad I am only human!

22. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

Yeah imagine, as "God" you couldn't play any video games without a real challenge! There wouldn't be any challenge anywhere in life as "God."

*COUGH* ATHEIST *COUGH*