My cat hates me now...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by superstring01, Jul 13, 2007.

1. superstring01 Moderator

I have the cutest cat on earth but the other day he scratched the hell out of my hand and I slapped him pretty good on the noggin (knee jerk reaction). Now he won't even come near me. What's up with that? Who knew they could remember so well.

~String

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

You must force the feline animal into your arms, then squeeze and cuddle it. There-after you should easily find it succumbing to your will and purring. If not then shake it in the air and yell, then place on your lap and observe. The cat will soon show it's nature, whether good or bad.

Cats are dangerous!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They do hold a grudge, but they are able to forgive eventually. I once accidently chucked a videotape at my cat's head and it took her a couple hours before she would come near me.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Cats are not dogs.

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

wait til you put on your shoes and find out he hacked a hairball in it.
    cats are reincarnated dictators.

9. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Cats will forgive you. When cats play with other cats, they sometimes play too rough, and it can turn into a fight. They may stay mad at each other for a while, but they will forgive. They will also forgive the humans in their lives, but some take longer than others.

Though I know it was on impulse, there is no substitute for the squirt bottle for cat discipline.

My cats have always forgiven me when I've done things like accidentally step on them. But oh, that horrible noise when it happens!

10. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

your cat doesn't hate you it is just plotting to mortally wound you

11. peta9 Registered Senior Member

I torture my cat a lot by giving it medicine, putting drops in it's ears etc. I even shaved him once, poor thing was crying like a baby trying to run away as I had him pinned. I'm thinking the poor cat doesn't know I'm trying to help it but gawdawful molest it. His eyes get big and wide and he squirms, cries and whines but he never seriously bites me. After the ordeal is over, he scurries away and licks his wounds and his pride. After he regains his composure he is as loving and accepting of me as before. Pets make the most honest friends, meaning you can learn that simple lesson from them. Obviously he trusts that whatever I'm doing must be in his best interest and I didn't mean real harm. So precious and trusting.

12. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Your cat knows your a moderator now, and is rebelling against your authority.

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

what would YOU think if you were just fooling around with a stupid human and she scratched you,would YOU punch her as well? when stupid animals do stupid things we humans are supposed to be be the superior thinkers and find out why this type of thing happens instead of slapping the stupid animal. I do hope you feel better for doing that to your pet, good luck in your relations with women.

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

:xctd: Holy Crap!!! LMFAO
    I can't wait

16. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Yes, superstring, Your cat is right. What you did was wrong.
    Oh, and your statement about having the cutest cat in the world.
    A rash claim. Are you including kittens in that?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  17. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Today I saw a puppy fighting with a cat.

The puppy was trying to sniff the cat and the cat lashed out with its claws.

That was the highlight of my day.

18. Genji Registered Senior Member

Beating an animal rarely produces results. I feel for your pet.

19. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

We've got a perceptive one!

20. oreodont I am God Registered Senior Member

My oldest cat is 22 years old. He's my best buddy but even after all this time he is a bit of an enigma. I've never hit him, he's never been neglected, etc. but the couple of times I've had to put drops in his ear, cut off matted fur and so forth he has treated me as the devil incarnate. After a steady offering of cat treats and pleading he eventually forgives me and curls up on my pillow and purrs in my ear. He's a great cat and it's my privilege to work for such a forgiving master.