My last thread today I promise

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Silent Bob, Aug 29, 2001.

1. spankyface Registered Senior Member

That's me.
    Do you mean that someone will put certain expectations on what type of music they'll buy into?
    Why would someone close themselves to rap and listen to only country? It makes them comfortable. They're in an environment where they feel safe... it's something that reminds us of who we were and keeps us going and being who we are.
    It's interesting how close-minded many people are about their music, unwilling to acknowledge another form of music as sufficient or relevant to them. If it's of a certain type it makes them more unique then they stick to it.
    *shrug* what makes it golden for you?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Neb Registered Senior Member

Good music for me is anything that can enhance my mood or even change it. I like what I listen too to be thought provoking also.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spankyface Registered Senior Member

That's a pretty universal application Neb. Good summary. I guess that gets in to what people think and what situations best nurture their thoughts.
    Music tells a story, and the instruments are characters. Violins chase guitars and basses and a voice telling a story in a stylized fashion depict a mini story to your mind... your unconscious creative self, that either identifies with you, or doesn't, depending on your formatives. The stimulation, if it clicks with you, will thus provoke more thought.
    Same goes for abstract thought. The better the instruments can tell a story, the more abstract the thought, because the character of the instrument is more imaginative, inciting more creative energy. Classical music making kids make better grades? "Mozart for babies?"
    And then all rushes down in a crescendo of comprehension, a surge of thought with the harmony and rhythym....

..-and then you've thought you like the music-..

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.