Nasa Faked Moon Landing

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Present, Dec 10, 2005.

1. draqon Banned Banned

Ricky...is ur college/university abbreviated as UM ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Interesting Ricky. I have worked my butt off to be helpful to you, albeit in a brusque, direct fashion, and this you interpret as a flame war. Good luck with your life. I'm sure my impressions of you are wholly inaccurate.
    A final question: if I am so off the mark, my impressions so inaccurate, how come you keep coming back for more. Ah, but you aren't going to are you? For the third, or the fourth time, you are going to stop responding to me. I'll save you the bother. I can see now I am wasting my time with you. Don't respond. Place me immediately on ignore. Wallow in your laziness.

As a final, parting present.

You say I have very little problems in my course work..
    That would be other than your difficulties with English, I imagine.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Ciao baby.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Froogle King Registered Senior Member

EVERYONE GO TO THIS WEBSITE! LOOKS LIKE YOU IGNORANT CONSPIRACY THEORISTS HAVE HAD YOU FUN! I DOUBT YOU WILL HAVE THE COURAGE TO CHECK IT OUT THOUGH! YOU PATHETIC PEOPLE... MANY PEOPLE DIED TO ACCOMPLISH THE REAL MOONLANDING AND YOU ALL TAKE IT FOR GRANTED. IT IS VERY IRRATATING.

http://www.badastronomy.com

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 15, 2006
  8. Laika Space Bitch Registered Senior Member

Ophiolite,
    I'm not sure, but it could be because of libration.

Anomalous,
    I think the picture you posted probably shows orbital Earthrise, caused by the motion of the lander, not the motion of the Moon.

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

that and the inclination of the moons orbit

10. RickyH Valued Senior Member

Texas A&M. It has a very good physics program.

11. RickyH Valued Senior Member

I would honestly like to know how you could judge someone off the internet? Are you a psychologist? I bet you arn't. If not then you're not using a very scientific way of make comments or assumptions about people. I've made some assumptions about you. But nothing completely off basis. What proof do you have of any of this? It's just your opinion. But yet you discuss with such pride.

Even if your impression is correct what would it have to do with me comming back, when I've so nicely asked you to stop responding?

Perhaps you have spelled coursework wrong. I think it's funny how you make a point on my english and spell the word wrong. But then again if you did spell the word wrong it could have been due to a typo. But it doesn't seem to be like that in this case.

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

isn't that the one that has the burning man festival?

13. RickyH Valued Senior Member

I believe that is in Nevada.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  14. leopold Valued Senior Member

i didn't know
    i remember seeing something about it on tv

15. RickyH Valued Senior Member

Well it's okay. For some reason Texas A&M is mentioned alot with the burning man festival.

16. draqon Banned Banned

Dont take this to heart...but here in U of M (michigan)...we use the Texas A&M Bonfire accident to learn what not to do in engineering...

17. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

1. Fifty seven years of life experience
    2. Multiple short courses on human psychology
    3. Extensive reading in the fields of psychology and primate behaviour
    4. Deliberate, thoughtful observation of human behaviour in work, social and educational settings for over thirty years
    Based upon the above, coupled with extensive training and experience in application of the scientific method, both at University and at work, I believe I can apply a reasonably scientific approach to the problem.
    Part of the analysis goes like this: if I am correct about this guy, my observations might kick start him into a more positive approach to life. Net gain for humanity. If I am wrong about him, he will ignore me as the grumpy old scoundrel I have so conveniently identified myself as. Zero effect on humanity. Conclusion: if I have the time and the inclination, then pursue the course of action. The worst case is neutral.
    In my vocabulary and language (English, not American English) course work is two words. I do not consider coursework to be incorrect, merely a variant. So, no, I have not used an incorrect spelling. However, I would note that I was commenting on your English, not on your english. [At the very least you will have to concede that I am helping you develop your debating skills. Is that not worth a small thank you?

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

i am still trying to visualize how the earth would move in the moons sky
    would it actualy be a figure eight, or some other pattern?

19. draqon Banned Banned

moon doesnt have a sky dammit...And here is a link to animation how that would look on moon. Try to visualize it....http://jove.geol.niu.edu/faculty/stoddard/JAVA/moonphase.html

20. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

For the second time.

A sky is different from an atmosphere, dragon. The sky is the bit you see when you look from the surface of a planet, moon, or planetoid, that is not ground.

21. leopold Valued Senior Member

yes but what pattern would the earth trace in the moons sky?
    i understand that the earth would move north and south due to the moons inclination
    i also understand that the earth would move east and west due to the moons liberations

what i don't understand is, given those two motions, what pattern the earth would trace in the moons sky.

22. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I'm not answering, Leopold because I don't know. A figure eight sounds reasonable, but there may be other subtle orbital, rotational and inclination variations that complicate that.

23. RickyH Valued Senior Member

All of that and you can't make an accurate notion of me?

With all of that wouldn't you have learned that you cannot make an infallible deduction of me, over the internet? Perhaps you should do some more coursework.

I beleive you're dillusional to an extent, while being very opinionated. I think you're a very intelligent person. I'm actually certain of this. But you are getting misconstrued about me.

Well in that case then no problem. But I've never heard of any form of enlgish that doesn't consider is a compound. But that is beside the point. My debate skills are decent. I must admit you're correct on one thing about me. I could be a much better debater if I used the sicentific method more diurnal. But this is from my belief that a person can easily understand me in laymen terms.