National Security Adviser Michael Flynn Resigns amid Russian Controversy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kittamaru, Feb 14, 2017.

1. timojin Valued Senior Member

I asked you on post # 91 and I said if you answer my question then we continue. You are avoiding , because you don't know
    HISTORY, or you just want to accuse me of supporting Russia which I am not. People like of your attitude were in Nazi Germany and in the USSR communist regime no one could say something they were turned to the Gestapo and in USSR to the NKVD.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. timojin Valued Senior Member

They are playing TIT for TAT which is dangerous, we don't have to send 5 cruisers into the Black see, now the Russian are patrolling along our east coast by Delaware
    I think you probable even don't know were the word comrade comes from.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Tit and tat for what exactly? One intelligence vessel and one cruiser versus 5 cruisers isn't exactly tit for tat comrade. Russia is like Trump in many ways, they are all about the show because they lack the substance.

It doesn't matter what Russia tries to do. If they want to play tit for tat fine. They will tit for tat themselves out of existence as they did before. If Russia wants to repeat its mistakes so be it.

And it doesn't matter where the word comrade comes from. Does the Russian translation make you feel more comfortable: товарищ? We are using English here; so we will use English words.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Last time Russia tried to tit for tat, they went damn near bankrupt and still failed horribly... Given the status of the Russian Navy, no doubt the same would occur this time.

8. timojin Valued Senior Member

I don't understand your last paragraph , I repeat again since the 15 century there was an attack on the Slavic church in Russia and they were stopped in Poland, Teutonic knights invaded part by Lithuania, Napoleon , penetrate up to Moscow, Hitler penetrated up to Stalingrad, and Russia is still present,
    I think is childish to think that we can wipe out some country who have similar weapon as we have without consequence. Have you thought about nuclear radiation in the world . I would not want this for my family , The way as you speak you don't care for yours.

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

And where in that dump is there anything about NATO? Just because Napoleon invaded Russia centuries ago, it does follow that anyone wants to invade Russia today. Do you not realize the world has changed?

You need to be honest comrade. You aren't we. You are them. You are Russian. Russia doesn't have similar weapons. It has has nuclear weapons. The US has nuclear weapons. But that doesn't give Russia a license to invade and annex the lands of its neighbors as it has repeatedly done.

I suggest you read up on WW I and WW II. As I previously wrote, 80 million people died the last time someone played Russia's playbook. And if you do as I suggest you will learn history taught us appeasement doesn't work. If the Hitler had been confronted early, WW II could have been avoided. Appeasement doesn't work. As I have repeatedly told you we should learn from our mistakes and we shouldn't repeat them.

10. timojin Valued Senior Member

I am going to take my chances to be bared from this forum !
    First you are ARROGANT and STUPID accuser. telling me that I am Russian . You should have been born in the 1920 or soto be working for the GESTAPO for Hitler. Or for the KBG for Soviet secret police which sent over million people to Siberia. People of your character eliminate my relatives in Siberia. You are a dangerous individual to this country were you live because of your character.
    You don't know much of history. You are not able to answer my questions about invasion I would not be surprised that you would be also ignorant of American history.

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

And just exactly what questions have I not answered comrade? And just what history do you think I don't know? And please be specific. You are good at making allegations, but horrible at proving them. So let's see some proof comrade.

The fact is is you unabashedly defended Mother Putina and Russia's aggression against her neighbors. You defend the very people and institutions you claim sent your relatives to labor camps in Siberia and then you publicly lament the loss of those relatives as if that gives you some sort of special standing and credibility. In what world does that make sense comrade?

As I have repeatedly told you, I suggest you read up on WW I and WW II. The one lesson the world should have learned is the appeasement of dictators, e.g. Hitler, Stalin, Putin, et al, doesn't work. In order to prevent war, it's necessary to nip Russia in the bud. And the West has done that. The West doesn't need to invade your beloved Mother Russia in order to harm Mother Russia. It can simply cut Russia off as it has done. The West has inflicted just enough economic distress in your beloved Mother Russia as to cause them to cease further incursions into the lands of its neighbors. Now if you don't like that, and it's obvious you don't, tough.

The world will not bow to a declining power, i.e. Russia, just be cause it has some nuclear weapons and an antiquated dilapidated army. If Russia decides to fly right, they can come back into the fold. But as long as they pursue fascism of the kind which gave rise to Hitler, your beloved Mother Russia will remain a pariah state.

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

When you come back from your little vacation... I would recommend a simple course of action:

If you don't want to be called out as a Russian Sympathizer... perhaps you should stop acting like one? Stop excusing Putins actions as "no big deal"...

13. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

The Russian spy boats have been out there for years. Back in the early eighties when the sub I was on went out for sea trials we would always play a cat and mouse game with the spy boats.

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

That's true. They are based in Cuba.

15. billvon Valued Senior Member

Uh oh. Flynn may be the first Trumpie going to jail. Remember when Trump was promising Clinton would be in jail if he was president? Ironic indeed that his own administration may get there first.
    ====================================
    Flynn in FBI interview denied discussing sanctions with Russian ambassador

By Sari Horwitz and Adam Entous February 16 at 4:37 PM
    Washington Post

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn denied to FBI agents in an interview last month that he had discussed U.S. sanctions against Russia with that country’s ambassador to the United States before President Trump took office, contradicting the contents of intercepted communications collected by intelligence agencies, current and former U.S. officials said.

The Jan. 24 interview potentially puts Flynn in legal jeopardy, as lying to the FBI is a felony, but any decision to prosecute would ultimately lie with the Justice Department. Some officials said bringing a case could prove difficult in part because Flynn may attempt to parse the definition of sanctions.

A spokesman for Flynn said he had no response.
    ==============================

16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

It will be interesting to see where this goes. Does Flynn break? Does he cooperate with the FBI in order to get a lesser sentence or does he rely upon a presidential pardon? If convicted of espionage, treason, sabotage, etc., Flynn's very generous pension is at stake. Flynn has a lot at stake here. Does he think his buddy The Donald will return his loyalty? It will be interesting. Libby just had his liberty at stake. Flynn has not only his liberty at stake but his military pension as well.

On the other hand, I'm sure if he can escape to Russia, Putin will offer him sanctuary...set him up with a nice little Russian dacha and a few females.

It's being reported that the FBI will not prosecute Flynn for lying to them because he was sufficiently ambiguous and evasive. And that leads to the question, why is it Flynn felt so compelled to be so evasive and secretive? What is it he wants to keep secret and why?

17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

#RusGate Grows

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The reporting is what it is, and in this case that is well enough; let us be clear: Carter Page offered up the thirty-seven page letter↱ himself. On letterhead from Global Energy Capital LLC, for whatever that's worth.

Carter Page, briefly a foreign policy adviser to Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, sent a peculiar, rambling letter this week to the Department of Justice, asking it to review “the severe election fraud in the form of disinformation, suppression of dissent, hate crimes and other extensive abuses led by members of Mrs. Hillary Clinton’s campaign and their political allies last year.”

Page is reportedly one of several targets of a counterintelligence investigation by the FBI into possible links between Trump associates and Russian officials.

Page provided the lengthy letter to The Intercept when asked whether he would support President Trump using his power as president to declassify any government material to disclose any intercepted conversations between Page and Russian officials. He did not say. Instead he forwarded the letter, which is well-formatted, heavily footnoted, grammatically correct and has no spelling mistakes. However, its content is bizarre.

To begin with, it is addressed to the voting section of the Justice Department’s civil rights division, which is charged exclusively with enforcing federal laws that protect the right to vote.

It then makes the grandiose claim that “the actions by the Clinton regime and their associates may be among the most extreme examples of human rights violations observed during any election in U.S. history since Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was similarly targeted for his anti-war views in the 1960’s.”

(Schwartz↱)

The letter itself asserts to be some manner of human rights complaint; it is angry, nearly paranoid, self-righteous, and carefully annotated in such a manner as to actually fail to support itself.

Interestingly, the letter will someday be known for the work of genius it is, an apparently sincere nexus epistemically closed, breathtakingly insensate, fallacious pseudo-argumentation derived from internet bulletin boards and actual geopolitics. In terms of the so-called alt-right, what we see here is the #AltReality otherwise known as #DimensionTrump.

But, essentially, he complains that the Steele dossier is a human rights offense against him, blames Hillary Clinton personally, and includes twenty-five pages of his presentation in Russia, two pages of retort to DNI, and a copy of a letter he sent to FBI Director Comey.

It's quite a show.

Notes:

Page, Carter. "Letter to the Civil Rights Division Voting Section, U.S. Department of Justice". 12 February 2017. DocumentCloud.org. 16 February 2017. http://bit.ly/2lYLJTL

Schwartz, Jon. "Carter Page, at Center of Trump Russian Investigation, Writes Bizarre Letter to DOJ Blaming Hillary Clinton". The Intercept. 15 February 2017. TheIntercept.com. 16 February 2017. http://bit.ly/2kOWasA