"Natural Born Citizen"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jmpet, Apr 17, 2011.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The Kapiolani Maternity and Gynecological Hospital, now called Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children. By the way, it doesn't really matter where in Hawaii he was born. Or if he was born in the US at all. His mother was a citizen, that makes him one.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

That's not my understanding. But feel free to provide a definitive link to back up that claim.

As for where he was born, I'd like to know why the stories keep changing and why it's so difficult to get any documentation.

Even race-baiting loudmouth Chris Matthews conceded recently that this could all be put to rest if he would just show his real birth certificate.

I should make clear, that if he was not born in Hawaii, then no amount of legal fumbling or watered down Constitutional reading could render him eligible to be president.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There is no story here except for people trying to make it one.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Hawaii senator wonders what Obama's concealing

Indeed, why spend so much money and effort to cover things up when you have nothing to hide?

If it looks a coverup, walks like a coverup, and talks like a coverup, then it must be a duck.

8. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Then again, you have made no secret of your support for Obama, or that you are quick to label criticism of Obama as racially motivated.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It is racism, plain and simple. Obama never covered anything up.

10. birch Valued Senior Member

i agree that people who choose to go live in a certain country for permanent residency are patriotic or it tends to be the home they want.

i did not choose myself but it's ironic how there are people who would have wanted to live where i am and where they are may have been better suited for me. but life is messed up or fuked up or inefficient like that.

11. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

This!

Obamas birth certificate is available online afaik.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Not the same thing as long-form birth certificate.

I guess it's time for the Birther War to begin.

Watch out for Sarah Palin running rogue in the nude with her shotgun in hand.

13. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

When was the last time a president was asked to produce his birth certificate by some nutjob lynchmob?

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So what.

15. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

Also... Why worry about nonsense like that. You should rather think about whether he's qualified for the job and if he makes wrong or right decisions instead of making up these stories. Not that I don't find the birther movement entertaining. I mean who dowsn't love to laugh at Orly (O rly?) Taitz and her crazy followers. LOL

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. JuNie Registered Senior Member

Giambattista: You're mistaken. All of those legal fee's weren't specifically because of the birth certificate.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trump-claims-obama-has-spent-2-million-lega/

If you start off with a false premise, you end with false conclusions.

17. jmpet Valued Senior Member

Guys- please don't ruin this thread with conspiracies etc etc... and stick to the OP.

According to the Constitution, the President must be a "natural born citizen" which- and this is the part I want clarifiication of- Obama is not, because natural born citizens are born from two American parents on American soil. And Obama's papa was Kenyan, not American which makes the President a US citizen- not a "natural born citizen". This is what should be discussed because it may have some actual merit, unlike most of the other birther claims.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Nonsense.

On July 27, 2009, the U.S. House of Representatives passed H.Res. 593, commemorating the 50th anniversary of Hawaii's statehood, including the text, "Whereas the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama, was born in Hawaii on August 4, 1961"

That makes it law regardless of what actually happened.

In addition, he was born on US soil, having two citizen parents is not a requirement. They could have both been foreigners and landed in Hawaii the day he was born, and he would still be a "natural born citizen".

19. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

or you know maybe like most people he doesn't like it when people go digging into his personal life for god damn reason.

20. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

For the third time...no.

Natural born has nothing to do with the citizenship status of the parents...it means your mother gave live birth on US soil. That is all.

These guys may make a very legalistic-sounding argument...it doesn't matter. They are incorrect.

They are drawing a false analogy between Mcain's case-special because he was born in Panama-and Obama.

McCain needed a special ruling because of his birthplace alone to be qualified to serve.
    McCain was born overseas.
    So he had to be ruled on prior to running...that where he was born and who he was born to qualified him.
    As,prior to that special ruling, being born in Panama would exclude him from serving as President.

Obama...never...did.
    Obama was born on US soil. That's the requirement. That's all.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  21. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

Why don't they just say it like it is. They don't want a negro president because they think that negroes should be butlers and gardeners, not presidents.

22. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

That's part of it...but I think liberals have just become so demonized to the Fox-watching crowd that they'd go after any Dem president like this.

23. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

I just don't see them going after a good sourtherner like clinton or similar person in the same way... Even if one of his parents were austrian or german or whatever.